Recommendations for a good gaming chair

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

paladin
Jedi Master

Recommendations for a good gaming chair

Post by paladin »

Looking for recommendations for a good gaming chair between $250 to $300. I have a regular office chair which isn't that comfortable for sitting any length of time. I sat in a couple of gaming chairs and really liked have it felt. Wondering if someone has a gaming chair that they use that feels good.
"Single-minded persistence in the face of futility is what humanity does best." Tim Ferguson
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Recommendations for a good gaming chair

Post by LadyTevar »

Don't look at me. I sit at the dining room table.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Well, the first thing you should do is avoid anything specifically marketed as a "gaming chair", because they'll charge you a hefty premium for a slightly edgy colour scheme rather than any notable benefits in comfort.

Your best bet is to take yourself down to a decent furniture store and go sit in the floor models until you find one you like that's in your budget. Some things are impossible to judge without a hands-on test.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Zaune wrote: 2022-06-22 10:39am Well, the first thing you should do is avoid anything specifically marketed as a "gaming chair", because they'll charge you a hefty premium for a slightly edgy colour scheme rather than any notable benefits in comfort.
Often the colour, gamer branding and price increase are the only changes.
Gamerzone
Redshirt

Post by Gamerzone »

Sorry for necroing. Didn't see any other thread about gaming chairs. What do you guys have? Interesting to find out the percentage between simple office chairs and gaming ones.