Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread III

Post by Mr Bean »

What no orbiting death rays yet?
Shame
Have at it.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Damn. Bean, I miss the U.K.B. :)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yeah well with all my travel right now I don't have the time for this right now. I'm pulling down hour long commutes and frequent little side trips around Kentucky ATM. I might as well move there for how much work I'm doing in that state.

I gotta get me a gubverment job again so I can have a nice relaxing office some were and be payed to be mean to people rather than my pay being based more on my people skills than my technical skills.

Oh well maybe next game.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Why can't President Hank and Exarch Decius be Super Best Friends?

Maybe I'll have a very drunken Melchett barge in and make things FUN! :twisted:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

If you won't put those anti-Shroomite fascists in ovens, then we will. Twisted Evil

Motherfucking anti-Shroomites.
Don't worry, we will beat them with sticks. :lol:

I too miss Beans magnificent bastardery.

PeZook will you and Coyote be doing anything with my War Criminals?(The Zagor dudes)

If not, I'll do it myself.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Why can't President Hank and Exarch Decius be Super Best Friends?

They are trying to get a feel of each other.

This is merely the precursor to a visit by the Emperor, and the Exarch is expected to make a report stating whether the visit is worth a dime.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Man, if the Emperor is even half as intense as the Exarch, President Hank is going to have to up his alcohol consumption considerably :D.

And I wonder how a drunken Melchett would get past the PSS guards in front of the door :D.
Last edited by Siege on 2008-09-26 09:58am, edited 1 time in total.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Why can't President Hank and Exarch Decius be Super Best Friends?

You have ideas like this, and then you wonder why your former colonies are so screwed up? :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

SiegeTank wrote:Man, if the Emperor is even half as intense as the Exarch, President Hank is going to have to up his alcohol consumption considerably :D.

And I wonder how a drunken Melchett would get past the PSS guards in front of the door :D.
Don't worry, we will cut you slack. After all, the whole purpose of the talk was to... get a feel of President Hank. :wink:

The meeting ought to over next post.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

DarthShady wrote:Don't worry, we will beat them with sticks. :lol:

I too miss Beans magnificent bastardery.

PeZook will you and Coyote be doing anything with my War Criminals?(The Zagor dudes)

Yeah, I miss Bastard Bean too... but Khitan is right next door to us, so I guess it's good that he's taking time out this time round. :P

We can arrange a War Crimes court in a few months. We don't have to be hasty.

You can have a PeZookian prosecutor in the team, so the PeZookians will feel better and can get even for all the dickeries those assholes have committed over the border.

Oh, and Nazi War Criminals had the tendency of suiciding themselves, so maybe a few of these war criminals of yours could also do things like hold their breath until they die, or eat entire bathtubs full of beans.... with fatal results.

Everyone:

Shroomania is a wonderful place!

Those Byzantine dudes are fucking intense. It might not even be Anti-Shroomitism. The only people they're soft to are the PeZookians and the commies.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Those Byzantine dudes are fucking intense. It might not even be Anti-Shroomitism. The only people they're soft to are the PeZookians and the commies.
Well, if you read some Greek/Byzantine History, Greeks can be incredibly passionate about their stuff, not to mention their realpolitick.

Nevermind the ... Iconclasm controversy.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I guess this is the dichotomy. Shroomania is like the old real Greeks renowned for fornication, naked men, and hedonism and stuff. Your Byzantium guys are like the other Greeks, the ones who are totally not fun. :P

This means Shroomania will have awesome writers and historians, like Herodotus - the Father of Lies (and fat butts). We'll have so much bullshit!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I guess this is the dichotomy. Shroomania is like the old real Greeks renowned for fornication, naked men, and hedonism and stuff. Your Byzantium guys are like the other Greeks, the ones who are totally not fun. :P

This means Shroomania will have awesome writers and historians, like Herodotus - the Father of Lies (and fat butts). We'll have so much bullshit!
Well, few nations survived near destruction. We are pragmatic people, while retaining the spark of innovation. :wink:
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomania is totally into innovation too. Look at Nikoshroom Tesla.
wiki wrote:Tesla had been feeding pigeons for years. Among them, there was a very beautiful female white pigeon with light gray tips on its wings that seemed to follow him everywhere. A great deal of rapport developed between them. As Tesla confessed, he loved that pigeon: "Yes, I loved that pigeon, I loved her as a man loves a woman, and she loved me." If the pigeon became ill, he would nurse her back to health and as long as she needed him and he could have her, nothing else mattered and there was purpose in his life.

One night as he was lying in bed, she flew in through the window and he knew right away that she had something important to tell him: she was dying. "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light". "...Yes," "...it was a real light, a powerful, dazzling, blinding light, a light more intense than I had ever produced by the most powerful lamps in my laboratory."

Tesla admitted to O'Neill that when that particular pigeon died, something went out of his life. Before that time, he could complete the most ambitious programs he could ever dream of but after the pigeon flew into the beyond, he knew his life's work was done for good.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I am planning, by the way, a "rare, one-on-one interview with the President" soon, hopefully tonight or tomorrow (but we'll see when I actually get to it :wink: ) that would, quite naturally, focus a bit on the war.

Some other stuff too, perhaps, but that's the big issue in most people's minds...assuming you bunch of whackos don't invent another major crisis between now and whenever I get around to writing it. :P
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

I was thinking that Alaska Had roughly 3.2% GDP Growth, but inflation was at 1.2% meaning Real GPD Grew by just 2%
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

DarthShady wrote:PeZook will you and Coyote be doing anything with my War Criminals?(The Zagor dudes)

Go ahead, I was just planning on providing the venue and security; it was your guys's political antpile whereas I was neutral.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Say maybe a foreign TV channel could do an interview with the Astarian regent? Anyone willing to work with me on that?
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

*emerges from bunker*

Is...is it over? Did we win the war? :c
tiny friendly crab.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Czechmate wrote:*emerges from bunker*

Is...is it over? Did we win the war? :c
I think so *offers some nice Sweet Meadows ice-cream*
Czechmate
Jedi Knight

Post by Czechmate »

the whole armistice really seems like a "...And now back to your regularly scheduled programming" affair. but at least it's over!
tiny friendly crab.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

RogueIce wrote:I am planning, by the way, a "rare, one-on-one interview with the President" soon, hopefully tonight or tomorrow (but we'll see when I actually get to it :wink: ) that would, quite naturally, focus a bit on the war.

Some other stuff too, perhaps, but that's the big issue in most people's minds...assuming you bunch of whackos don't invent another major crisis between now and whenever I get around to writing it. :P
Three words: Giant Volcano Explosions.

or maybe someone can hold the world hostage.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Weird question but do you think Astarians are often used as bad guys in this worlds movies?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Shroomania is totally into innovation too. Look at Nikoshroom Tesla.
That's innovation? Sounds suspicously like insanity to me :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

To make sure all the concerned polities see it, I'm reposting the preliminary, OOC San Magdalena Accord.

FINAL ARBITRATION BY THE REPUBLIC OF CASCADIA

ARTICLE I

The Republic of Coilerburg agrees to formally recognize the crimes committed against the nations of Sabika and Omango by the Iler Regime and issue a formal apology. A public ceremony, to be held no later than three months after the signing of this accord, will be performed by the Government of Coilerburg in the presence of emissaries of all neighboring countries in which the crimes of the Republic of Coilerburg committed under the Iler Regime will be listed and apologized for.

ARTICLE II

The Parties agree that the borders of the belligerents will be returned to antebellum lines with the exception of Saffonburg which the Republic of Coilerburg will recognize as the sovereign territory of Sabika. The Frequesue Treaty Organization will oversee the transfer of authority from Coilerburg to Sabika and monitor the borders of the Parties until such a time as the Parties deem sufficient.

ARTICLE III

The Parties agree that common reparations claims against each other will be paid to a joint fund overseen by the Frequesue Treaty Organization for the purpose of common reconstruction of the nations of Coilerburg, Sabika, and Omango.

ARTICLE IV

The Republic of Omango and the Republic of Sabika agree to voluntarily restrict the size and capability of their Regular Forces under the following items:

Item 1: The Regular Armies of Sabika and Omango will be no greater than 7,500 combat troops each.

Item 2: The Armed Forces of Sabika and Omango will not field artillery with a range in excess of ten miles.

Item 3: The Regular Armies of Sabika and Omango are restricted to no more than one battalion of battle tanks.

Item 4: The Air Forces of Sabika and Omango are restricted to only fielding aircraft and weapon systems meant for air-to-air combat in defense of national airspace.

Item 5: The Navies of Sabika and Omango will only possess naval vessels of less than 5,000 tonnes displacement.

A joint commission of the Parties and the Frequesue Treaty Organization will oversee the enactment of the arms limitations. At the request of the Parties, the Republic of Cascadia will provide advisors to ensure compliance.

ARTICLE V
The Frequesue Treaty Organization agrees to formally guarantee the independence and sovereign rights of all the signatory Parties.

ARTICLE VI
The Frequesue Treaty Organization and the Republic of Cascadia agree to establish a committee to oversee and fairly arbitrate any further disputes amongst the signatory Parties. By request of the Parties, the Republic of Cascadia will hold the chair of the Arbitration Committee for the first three years, with further chairpersons to be picked by vote of the Frequesuan Nations on the Committee. (OOC: This would permit time for Sabika and Omango to re-establish trust with other FTO states while maintaining their faith in the neutrality and fairness of the Arbitration Committee.)

SiegeTank, at least, thinks the FTO wouldn't object to Sabika and Omango having secured a larger Cascadian participation in dispute arbitration, which I figured the FTO might not like given their mandate for keeping extra-continental powers out of continental affairs. My main concern was that neither country might put much stock into FTO fairness for a while, not until trust can be built up.

With Karmic also voting yes, I'm amending Article VI.
Last edited by Steve on 2008-09-26 03:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED