Ukraine reacts to fears of Russian invasion as troops build up at the border

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Re: Ukraine reacts to fears of Russian invasion as troops build up at the border

Post by Dark Hellion »

Col. Crackpot wrote: 2022-03-09 12:14pm https://www.axios.com/mariupol-shelling ... ec036.html

Mariupol Childrens Hospital has been destroyed by shelling.

I’m starting to think it’s time to consider more active intervention. This is a crime against all of humanity…
The point of these atrocities are to demoralize and provoke overreactions. This is a war and we are gonna win it by being the bastards who make the smartest decisions. Even if that means we may have to watch some children burn to death.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't feel shitty or outraged or want to demand to see Putin's head on a pike. But feelings alone don't win wars.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Re: Ukraine reacts to fears of Russian invasion as troops build up at the border

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Highlord Laan wrote: 2022-03-08 08:47pmDon't expect, let alone hope, for anything more than has already occurred. Also remember that after the fifth column party puts the fascists back in control after the midterms, all forms of aid and support to Ukraine will cease and uhmurrika will switch to backing the fascists' beloved big daddy poot-poot. Business will resume and sanctions will be lifted.
That seems... highly unlikely.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2022-03-09 01:52pm
Highlord Laan wrote: 2022-03-08 08:47pmDon't expect, let alone hope, for anything more than has already occurred. Also remember that after the fifth column party puts the fascists back in control after the midterms, all forms of aid and support to Ukraine will cease and uhmurrika will switch to backing the fascists' beloved big daddy poot-poot. Business will resume and sanctions will be lifted.
Agreed. The Trump wing of the GOP is imploding and the NeoCons are clawing their way back.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I won't rest easy until after the mid-terms and the Trumpists are reduced in power and influence. They still have an uncomfortably large following.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Even if it's not just the "Trumpists," it's a general surge in the somehow further right than normal Rapeublicans which is unnerving. Even if they're not fans of Trump, it's not like (for example) Liz Cheney is some paragon of civic virtue.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-03-09 12:39pm West Fears Russia could use non-conventional weapons
Western officials have said they are "very concerned" about the risk of escalation in the war between Russia and Ukraine.

They are particularly concerned about the possibility of Russia using non-conventional weapons, they say.
(SNIPPED)
(SNIPPED)
While I do not want to see any of that, given how the rest of Russia's military is performing at substandard levels, wouldn't attempts to use them be as dangerous to Russia themself?

I mean, at this point, it would not surprise me to hear that while Russia tried to launch a chemical weapon strike, the weapons blew up on the launcher, spreading contamination around to their own troops and citizens.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Gandalf wrote: 2022-03-09 03:28pm Even if it's not just the "Trumpists," it's a general surge in the somehow further right than normal Rapeublicans which is unnerving. Even if they're not fans of Trump, it's not like (for example) Liz Cheney is some paragon of civic virtue.
I can disagree with Liz Cheney on policy but respect her for standing up to the lunatics.

Make Republicans Boring Again
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Solauren wrote: 2022-03-09 03:33pm
Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-03-09 12:39pm West Fears Russia could use non-conventional weapons
Western officials have said they are "very concerned" about the risk of escalation in the war between Russia and Ukraine.

They are particularly concerned about the possibility of Russia using non-conventional weapons, they say.
(SNIPPED)
(SNIPPED)
While I do not want to see any of that, given how the rest of Russia's military is performing at substandard levels, wouldn't attempts to use them be as dangerous to Russia themself?

I mean, at this point, it would not surprise me to hear that while Russia tried to launch a chemical weapon strike, the weapons blew up on the launcher, spreading contamination around to their own troops and citizens.
I don't know, I guess they probably keep that stuff in the hands of people they've actually trained and prepared to do the jobs and not the low level conscripts but then the supposed elites like the paratroopers haven't been doing that much better so... *shrug*
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

I was more thinking Russia's apparent horrible supply and maintenance practices.

i.e the Chemical weapon wasn't fueled, has been inspected or serviced in 20 years
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Col. Crackpot wrote: 2022-03-09 03:34pmI can disagree with Liz Cheney on policy but respect her for standing up to the lunatics.

Make Republicans Boring Again
I don't see it so much as "standing up to the lunatics" so much as "standing up to factional opposition." Framing it as facing down some lunatic fringe reads like PR framing to get more on her side.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2022-03-09 12:39pmOn the one hand none of this changes the cold calculus of 'no one wants global nuclear war' but there still the question of how far can russia go before we're there anyway? do chemical weapons count? [they were considered a red line in syria but nothing much happened when said red line was crossed)
Putin has a track record of launching direct chemical attacks on other nuclear powers without starting a nuclear war.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

At least 17 left injured after Russian strike on maternity hospital, Ukrainian officials say
At least 17 people have been left injured after a maternity hospital was destroyed in a Russian air strike in the south-eastern city of Mariupol, Ukrainian officials said.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy tweeted footage from the incident - which he described as a "direct strike" that left children among those trapped under the wreckage.

The video shows the ruins of an inside of a building, littered with rubble along corridors and with its doors torn off and windows smashed.
That's right, Russia just bombed a fucking maternity hospital. :kill:
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

If you start with the notion he wants to genocide the Ukrainian population that is, unfortunately, not as surprising as it initially appears to be. We will see more atrocities before this is over.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Col. Crackpot wrote: 2022-03-09 02:07pmAgreed. The Trump wing of the GOP is imploding and the NeoCons are clawing their way back.
Well, that's... technically progress, of a sort?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Col. Crackpot wrote: 2022-03-09 02:07pm
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: 2022-03-09 01:52pm
Agreed. The Trump wing of the GOP is imploding and the NeoCons are clawing their way back.
I just want those two to tear each other apart. Frankly the only reason we're not in a dictatorship is because Trump was too stupid to pull it off.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Russia accuses the US of operating biological weapons labs in Ukraine. The US Department of State denies this. Shockingly, Fox News' Tucker Carlson is poking holes in the story of the Department of State.
Fox News wrote:Published March 9, 2022 11:13pm EST

Tucker Carlson: Someone needs to explain why there are dangerous biological weapons in Ukraine

The Pentagon is lying about this - why?

By Tucker Carlson

If you had told us just four days ago that the Biden administration was funding secret bio labs in Ukraine of all places, we would not have believed you. Yeah, I don't think we're going to put that on TV. No thanks.

Then, if you told us that not only did the administration fund these secret bio labs in Ukraine, but that they then failed to secure the deadly contents of those labs before the Russian invasion—an invasion they knew was coming, an invasion they helped encourage—if you had told us that four days ago, we would have dismissed you as a nut. It was just too preposterous. We will not want anything to do with a story like that. There was no way it could be true. It was too far out. In any case, we already knew for a fact that that story was false. How do we know that? Because we read USA Today, America's newspaper.

Within hours of the Russian invasion, USA Today published a rebuttal to all those crazies who were yammering on about secret Ukrainian bio labs. Here was the headline: "Fact check: False claim of US biolabs in Ukraine tied to Russian disinformation campaign."

So, if you look carefully at the story—and we did because we were interested—you notice that this fact check was sourced to Ukrainian government unnamed officials and then Biden State Department officials. These were not exactly objective sources on this subject, but still the story seemed definitive. It was totally emphatic. "Russia has teamed up with China to further amplify the false claim of U.S. labs in Ukraine."

OK. USA Today says it's Russian disinformation. Maybe it is. On to the next story, but the fact checks didn't stop. That was weird. We kept seeing the same check again and again. It was almost like despite endless official clarification, some people refused to believe the Biden administration. They preferred Russian propaganda instead and we assume they must be QAnon members. We assume that because Foreign Policy Magazine told us that. According to Foreign Policy, QAnon, whatever that is, was frantically disseminating "false claims of U.S. bio warfare labs in Ukraine."

Those labs obviously didn't exist. It was all just another lie from the Russians who lie for a living. Then the European Union... weighed in, throwing its credibility behind the same claim. These are conspiracy theories, the EU told us, they're lies spread by Putin. An EU spokesmen then reminded us that, "the credibility of information provided by the Kremlin is in general, very doubtful and low." That was good to know.

"Russian disinformation has a track record of promoting manipulative narratives about biological weapons and alleged secret labs."

Yeah. We're not going to do a segment about secret labs in Ukraine. Last thing we want to do on this show is traffic in Russian disinformation spread by QAnon, so we took a pass on that story. And that's where things stood until yesterday when we happened to tune in to a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Toria Nuland was testifying so we were interested. Nuland was one of the people who brought us the Iraq War, never apologized for that and kept getting promoted because that's how DC works. Toria Nuland is now Joe Biden's Under Secretary of State in charge of Ukraine and she knows a lot about Ukraine.

In 2014, Toria Nuland engineered a coup in Ukraine in the name of democracy, of course. So, she is a highly informed source about Ukraine. So, she was having this colloquy with Senator Marco Rubio of Florida during her testimony, and at one point, Rubio took a tack that we were not expecting at all. He asked Nuland if Ukraine had biological weapons.

We never imagined Ukraine would have biological weapons. Why would Ukraine have bioweapons? So, it seemed like a pretty strange question, but it wasn't half as shocking as the answer he got. Here's what Toria Nuland said.

SEN. MARCO RUBIO: Does Ukraine have chemical or biological weapons?

VICTORIA NULAND: Ukraine has a biological research facilities, which, In fact, we are now quite concerned Russian troops, Russian forces, may be seeking to gain control of. So, we are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach.

Does Ukraine have biological weapons? Ugh, Ukraine has biological research facilities. What? You mean secret bio labs like the secret bio labs that Ukraine definitely doesn't have? Ukraine has those? Yes, it does. And not only does Ukraine have secret bio labs, Toria Nuland said, whatever they're doing in those labs is so dangerous and so scary that she is, "quite concerned" that the so-called research material inside those bio labs might fall into the hands of Russian forces.

Try not to use profanity on the air to describe our reaction. Our jaws dropped, let's leave it there. Under oath in an open committee hearing, Toria Nuland just confirmed that the Russian disinformation they've been telling us for days is a lie and a conspiracy theory and crazy and immoral to believe is, in fact, totally and completely true.

Woah, you don't hear things like that every day in Washington. Talk about a showstopper and a dozen questions instantly jump to mind. What exactly are they doing in these secret Ukrainian bio labs? Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe. It's hardly a hotbed of biomedical research. We're assuming these weren't pharmaceutical labs, probably not developing new Leukemia drugs. From your answer, Toria Nuland, we would assume because you all but said it, that there's a military application to this research, that they were working on bioweapons. Again, your answer suggests that.

Why would we fund something like that in Ukraine, and why didn't you secure the contents of these bio labs before the Russians arrived as you knew they would? And then why did you go out of your way to lie to the American public about all of this? If the "research materials" in these labs were to escape somehow and you seem very concerned about that, what would be the effect on Ukraine and then on the rest of the world? How can we prepare for the consequences of that, this thing that you're worried about? Shouldn't we be preparing? Because as it turns out, we've just spent the last two years living with the pathogen that began in another foreign bio lab funded by the United States government secretly.

So, this question is on our mind. It seems fair. Now that's some of what we would have asked if we were U.S. Senators, which were not. Yes, there's a time limit. Time limit be damned because this is kind of important, but Rubio did not ask those questions. Instead, he changed the subject and told us once again that Vladimir Putin is bad.

SEN. MARCO RUBIO: If there is a biological or chemical weapon incident or... attack inside of Ukraine, is there any doubt in your mind that 100%, it would be the Russians that would be behind it?

VICTORIA NULAND: There is no doubt in my mind, senator, and it is classic Russian technique to blame on the other guy what they're planning to do themselves.

OK, just get a pen. It's a classic Russian technique to blame on the other guy, what they are planning to do themselves. That's what Toria Nuland said. We almost laughed out loud. So, what you're saying, Toria Nuland, if, for example, you were funding secret bio labs in Ukraine, but wanted to hide that fact from the people who are paying for it, in whose name you were doing it, then you might lie about it by claiming the Russians were lying about it. In other words, you might mount a disinformation campaign by claiming the other guy was mounting a disinformation campaign. Is that what you're saying, Toria Nuland? It's pretty funny.

What's not funny is that this is all entirely real. We invited Marco Rubio on the show tonight to tell us what he knows about these bio labs. He declined to come. That invitation remains open. In the meantime, let's review what little we do know about this. We're going to start with a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry on Sunday. Now, we would never do this. We never played anything like this on the show before because of course, we're Americans and when we want to know what's going on we ask our own officials, the people we elect and whose salaries we pay, because it's our country.

We don't go to foreign sources because we trust our own sources first. But when it turns out the people who represent us and run our government are lying to us and never apologize for it and doing horrific things in our names, then you have to open your mind a little bit and at least assess what other people are saying. So, here was the Russian claim.

IGOR KONASHENKOV: During the course of the special military operation, facts were uncovered of the key regime, mopping up traces of military biological program under development in Ukraine, financed by the U.S. Defense Ministry.

OK. So, that apparently—we hadn't seen that until this afternoon we started poking around—that may have been the root of the conspiracy theories that the fact checks told us were Russian disinformation. Let's quote it: "Military biological programs are under development in Ukraine, financed by the U.S. Defense Ministry." That's the Russian claim.

Separately, a Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman said the Ukrainians were working on deadly pathogens, including plague and anthrax. Is that true? Now, obviously, we would not take Russia's word for that ever, but we don't have to take Russia's word for that. The U.S. Defense Department has a website that contains this media clip about the opening of a biological research facility in Ukraine in 2010.

"U.S. Senator Dick Lugar applauded the opening of the Interim Central Reference Laboratory in Odessa, Ukraine, this week, announcing that it will be instrumental in researching dangerous pathogens used by bioterrorists. The level-3 bio-safety lab will be used to study anthrax, tularemia and Q Fever, as well as other dangerous pathogens."

Oh, OK. Then the National Pulse dug up 2011 report from the U.S. National Academy of Sciences that also explained that the Odessa based laboratory "is responsible for the identification of especially dangerous biological pathogens." So, what we're doing—this is not the first time you've heard this story—we are funding the creation of deadly pathogens so we can study them and prevent people from getting infected with them. Maybe? There are lots of examples of this. The U.S. Embassy in Ukraine has a handy web page explaining that American and Ukrainian scientists have worked on a whole bunch of different experiments like this.

Some of the projects include work on African swine fever virus, hemorrhagic fever virus, and various respiratory viruses. The interesting thing, the telling thing, is that the U.S. Embassy's website also contains links to fact sheets about America's support for biological research in Ukraine, but all those links are now dead. That's weird. It's our government. We pay for it. Again, they're there in our name, in the name of American citizens, but we can no longer read their web page. How does that work, exactly? They have no right to lie to us.

The web page is archived, thankfully, and the fact sheets show Defense Department funding to laboratories in Ukraine. So that looks like proof. It's not Russian disinformation. It's totally real. Sorry USA Today, America's newspaper, it's real. You can look it up on the internet if you want. In the face of that evidence, the Pentagon is still lying about and in fact, they're repeating the same unbelievably stupid and now thoroughly discredited lies the fact checkers have told for weeks now. Here's the spokesman for the Pentagon, John Kirby, today.

JOHN KIRBY: The Russian accusations are absurd. They're laughable and, you know, in the words of my Irish Catholic grandfather, a bunch of malarkey. There's nothing to it. It's classic Russian propaganda and I wouldn't, if I were you,...I wouldn't give it a drop of ink worth...paying attention to.

REPORTER: Yeah, but can you explain to us what...has there been any relationship between the...?

JOHN KIRBY: We are not, not, developing biological or chemical weapons inside Ukraine. It's not happening.

If I were you, I wouldn't devote a drop of ink to it. First of all, you didn't get to make that decision, Mr. Bureaucrat. We have a free press in this country. You don't get to decide, but you'll notice at the end of that, Kirby refuses to answer the question. Has there been any relationship between the U.S. Pentagon and a bioweapons facility in Ukraine and if so, what is that relationship? That's Russian disinformation! What's the answer? We're not developing WMD in Ukraine right now! OK, got it, but why are we funding this and what exactly are we funding?

<Snip.>
Anyone else feel like this is a suspiciously specific denial?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

:roll: It’s absolutely nonsensical that the US would be running bio weapons labs in a country next to and at the risk of invasion from Russia.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

:roll:

Of the many things that the US may be genuinely accused of doing, I highly doubt making chemical/biological weapons in Ukraine is one of them.

There is literally zero advantage compared to just developing them at home and distributing them as needed.

Hell, this pathetically blatant Russian attempt at preemptively justifying the use of WMDs on Ukrainians make the USA’s justification for the Iraq War look good in comparison.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I a interested in what the bio research facilities are. closest article i could find about it was this one. Obiviously though bio research does not equal bio Weapons research, and encompasses perfectly legitimate disease control research which would still have all manner of thing in it that you wouldn't want to get loose.
madd0c0t0r2
Padawan Learner

Post by madd0c0t0r2 »

I got as far through that tucker spiel as where he repeats that covid came from a government bio lab and gave up.
It's possible he's acknowledging audience conspiracy theories AND reporting correctly on something similar, but I don't think it's likely.

Meanwhile, UK troops in Ukraine are AWOL. Totally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60684749.amp
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

madd0c0t0r2 wrote: 2022-03-10 11:56am Meanwhile, UK troops in Ukraine are AWOL. Totally.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60684749.amp
Yep, totally AWOL.
How much of their kit did they take with them?
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

LadyTevar wrote: 2022-03-10 12:44pmYep, totally AWOL.
How much of their kit did they take with them?
Two counterpoints to that.

1. If we were sending covert assistance to the Ukrainian government there are much more subtle and frankly more effective ways of doing it than having a few likely lads pretend to go AWOL to join the International Brigades or something.

2. The British government's conduct so far doesn't really suggest they care enough about the Ukraine to gamble on the Russians pretending to buy the cover story for the sake of not having to declare war on us.

And if those lads did take any kit with them it was probably stolen. They're squaddies, they do that.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

While I am normally skeptical of what comes out of the mouths of politicians the US government released intel on this whole fucking mess has been largely spot-on, which makes me more inclined to believe the US over Russia.

The biolab bullshit is one of those propaganda things with just the tiniest nugget of truth. The Soviets definitely were doing bioweapon research and develop even after they promised not to and it would not surprise me at al if they had a lab or two on Ukrainian territory because why not? But given that Ukraine gave up its nukes I would presume they gave up chemical and bioweapons, too. The thing is, pretty much all countries these days have biological laboratories because of things like testing, vaccine development and manufacture, and all of those perfectly mundane things. Just because the Soviets used to disguise their mad scientist labs as those doesn't mean everyone else does. Sometimes a vaccine manufacturing facilities or testing laboratory are just what they say on the sign outside the building.

Of course, Putin's government is the sort of place that bombs a maternity hospital full of pregnant women and babies then claims it was over-run with Nazis.

I'm also convinced Putin's army is trying to manufacture a nuclear accident to blame on Ukraine.

What evil motherfuckers.

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Several days ago, the Ukrainians overran the 41st Army HQ near Kharkov. Some officers were killed, including a Major General who was Chief of Staff for the Army.
Christo Grozev on Twitter:
In the phone call in which the FSB officer assigned to the 41st Army reports the death to his boss in Tula, he says they've lost all secure communications. Thus the phone call using a local sim card. Thus the intercept.

The idiots tried to use the Era cryptophones in Kharkiv, after destroying many 3g cell towers and also replacing others with stingrays. Era needs 3g/4g to communicate.

The Russian army is equipped with secure phones that can't work in areas where the Russian army operates.
This may not be as crazy as it sounds. I think the ERA phone system was meant to be a secure portable cryptophone for use within "normal" areas -- i.e. Moscow, St. Petersburg, etc by FSB/SVR/Defense Ministry officers.

I think that the shortage of squad level radios (hence use of Chinese Baofeng unencrypted radios) extends all the way up into high end encrypted satellite telephones, forcing the Russians to use these 3G/4G only capable crypto phones to equip higher staff HQs, which in turn forced them to dial back the EW war -- they need commercial 3G/4G bandwidth to run the ERA cryptophones, and you can't do that if you jam everything.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/15 ... 6LIf2KCZBw

Some trolling from Ukraine:

Head of Anti-corruption agency of Ukraine sent a letter to Russian defense minister Shoigu thanking him for embezzlement of Russian army

https://nazk.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/ ... SHojgu.pdf
НАЦІОНАЛЬНЕ АГЕНТСТВО З ПИТАНЬ ЗАПОБІГАННЯ КОРУПЦІЇ
Повітрофлотський пр-т, 27, м. Київ, 03049

NATIONAL AGENCY ON CORRUPTION PREVENTION
27, Povitroflots'kyi Ave, 03049, Kyiv, Ukraine

1012, № OA OA I AOA 11 - 21 Ha №

від________________

Министру оборони российской федерации

Сергею Кужугетовичу ШОЙГУ

БЛАГОДАРСТВЕННОЕ ПИСЬМО

Национальное агентство по предотвращению коррупции (далее - Агентство) поддерживает всех представителей иностранньїх государств, которьте способствуют развитию украинских антикоррупционньїх органов, а также помогают в усиленим демократических институтов в У крайнє.

В связи с отим Агентство вьіражает искреннюю благодарность Министру оборонні российской федерации Сергею Кужугетовичу Шойгу за неоценимьій вклад в то, что российские средства и ресурсьі обеспечения для нападения на Украину бьіли разворованьї еще на зтапе их накопления на границе двух государств.

Участвуя в методической, системной и долговременной работе по хищению бюджетних средств российской федерации, которьіе вьіделялись на развитие воєнного потенциала, Сергей Шойгу вместе с другими должностньїми лицами оборонного сектора способствовал ускорению ликвидации оккупантов на землях суверенного государства Украиньї.

Настойчивое стремление должностньїх лиц Министерства оборони и вооруженньїх сил российской федерации присвоить средства российских налогоплательщиков, которне должньї били пойти на нужди армии, существенно облегчают защиту демократической Украиньї.

Благодаря зтому украинские антикоррупционньїе институции, которьіе работают для обеспечения прозрачности использования публичннх средств, противодействуют коррупции, мошенничеству и зкономической преступности, смогут как можно бистреє возобновить свою деятельность вместо того, чтобьі тратить время на уничтожение оккупантов на своей земле, а также металлолома, привезенного иними на территорию нашего государства.

Примерами зтой безусловно важной деятельности являются множество фактов, которие смогли документально подтвердить военнослужащие и работники украинской разведки.

В частности, искренний восторг вьізьівает защита российских танков Т-72 и Т-80, сделанная из картонних лотков из-под яиц. Без сомнения зти средства защитн военной техники заслуживают того, чтобьі стать отдельньїм фактором оценки в Индексе сильї (Powerindex) при формировании рейтинги сильнейших армий мира Global Firepower.

Также Агентство вьіражает глубокую благодарность за использование для целей передвижения личного состава ЗИЛ-ІЗО, аналогов которому в мире нет. Кроме очевидного комфорта, которьій ощугцают российские военньїе в открьітом кузове при украинских мартовских морозах, скорость передвижения данного транспортного средства, а также яркий аквамариновий цвет кузова, позволяют силам местной территориальной обороньї зффективно проходить тренировочную подготовку по зксплуатации современного вооружения по легким мишеням.

Отдельной благодарности также заслуживает обеспечение российских воєнних продовольственньїми наборами, срок годности которьіх истек еще в 2015 году. Из-за отсутствия продовольствия российские оккупационньїе войска бросают воєнную технику и сдаются местньїм жителям украинских сел для того, чтобьі поесть.

Также восхищение вьізьівают бронежилетьі, изготовленньїе из картона, вместо бронированньїх пластин, которьіе бьіли надетьі на членов зкипажа захваченного российского бронеавтомобиля «Барнаул-Т».

Бронежилетьі сказались настолько крепкими, что бьіли поврежденьї обьічньїм стрелковьім оружием. В связи с зтим вьіражаем отдельную благодарность, ведь теперь бронеавтомобиль несет службу в рядах сил обороньї Украиньї и помогает противостоять агрессору.

Хотим также обратить внимание на то, что на месте бронированньїх пластин бьіла обнаружена памятка «О порядке вьіявления коррупционньїх и других нарушений при вьіявлении конфликта интересов в воєнних подразделениях».

Под впечатлением от такой основательной и детализированной методологической поддержки военнослужащих оккупационньїх войск, зкспертьі Агентства подготовили ряд рекомендаций для дальнейшего включення в соответствующие бюллетени.

Так, согласно с общепринятьім определением конфликт интересов - зто наличие у лица частного интереса в сфере, в которой оно вьшолняет свои служебньїе или представительские полномочия, что может повлиять на обьективность или беспристрастность принятия им решений.

Видим риск в том, что, несмотря на наличие мобильньїх крематориев, привезенньїх на территорию Украиньї командованием генерального штаба вооружснньїх сил российской федерации, частньїй интерес российского военнослужащего сохранить свою жизнь вместо вьшолнения приказов его командования, все еще крайнє вьісок. В связи с зтим предлагаем уменьшить вероятность конфликта интересов, дополнив бюллетени следующей пошаговой инструкцией:

«В случае пересечения границьі с Украиной российский военнослужащий обязан:

- добраться до ближайшего населенного пункта;

- отойти от техники на безопасное расстояние и бросить оружие;

- попросить прощення за пересечение границьі без паспортного контроля;

- подождать украинских воєнних, которие позволят позвонить маме;

- ждать своего возвращения домой.»

Надеемся на плодотворнеє сотрудничество по учету наших рекомендаций.

В приложении к благодарственному письму отправляем фотографии, иллюстрирующие вьішеупомянутьіе достижения. Отправляем письмо сейчас, пока на россии еще єсть иностранная компьютерная техника, которая позволяет просмотреть соответствующие фотографии.

Глава

Александр НОВИКОВ

----------------

Космічні технології кумулятивного захисту російських танків Т-72 і Т-80 виявилися картонними контейнерами для яєць...

Приложение №2

Приложение №3

2017 г.

ПАМЯТКА подразделениям по профилактике коррупционньїх II ИІІЬІХ

правонарушений (должностньїм лицам, ответственньїм за работу по профилактике коррупционньїх н иньїх правопарушений)

по порядку виявлення копфликта интересов

Приложение № 4
To the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation

Sergei Kuzhugetovich SHOIG

THANK YOU LETTER

The National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (hereinafter referred to as the Agency) supports all representatives of foreign countries who promote the development of Ukrainian anti-corruption bodies, as well as assist in strengthening democratic institutions in Ukraine.

In this regard, the Agency expresses its sincere gratitude to the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Sergei Kuzhugetovich Shoigu for his invaluable contribution to the fact that Russia's funds and resources for the attack on Ukraine were stolen even at the stage of their accumulation on the border.

Participating in methodical, systematic and long-term work on embezzlement of the Russian Federation's budget funds, which were allocated for the development of military potential, Sergei Shoigu, along with other defense officials, helped accelerate the elimination of occupiers in the sovereign state of Ukraine.

The persistent desire of officials of the Ministry of Defense and the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation to appropriate the funds of Russian taxpayers, which should be used for the needs of the army, significantly facilitates the defense of a democratic Ukraine.

Thanks to this, Ukrainian anti-corruption institutions, which work to ensure transparency in the use of public funds, combat corruption, fraud and economic crime, will be able to resume their activities as soon as possible instead of spending time destroying the occupiers on their land and metal. the territory of our state.

Examples of this certainly important activity are many facts that could be documented by servicemen and Ukrainian intelligence officers.

In particular, the protection of Russian T-72 and T-80 tanks, made of cardboard trays made of eggs, is a source of sincere delight. Undoubtedly, these means of protection of military equipment deserve to become a separate factor in the evaluation of the Powerindex (Powerindex) in the formation of ratings of the world's strongest armies Global Firepower.

The Agency also expresses its deep gratitude for the use of ZIL-IZO personnel, which has no analogues in the world, for the purposes of movement. In addition to the obvious comfort of the Russian military in the open body during the Ukrainian March frosts, the speed of the vehicle, as well as the bright aquamarine color of the body, allow the local territorial defense forces to effectively undergo training in the use of modern light weapons.

Special thanks are also due to the provision of the Russian military with food kits, the expiration date of which expired in 2015. Due to the lack of food, the Russian occupation forces abandon military equipment and surrender to the locals of Ukrainian villages in order to eat.

Also admiring are the bulletproof vests made of cardboard, instead of armored plates, which were worn on members of the crew of the captured Russian armored car "Barnaul-T".

The bulletproof vests were so strong that they were damaged by ordinary small arms. In this regard, we express special gratitude, because now the armored car is serving in the ranks of the Defense Forces of Ukraine and helps to resist the aggressor.

We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that a memo "On the procedure for detecting corruption and other violations in the detection of conflicts of interest in military units" was found at the site of the armored plates.

Impressed by such thorough and detailed methodological support of the occupying forces, the Agency's experts prepared a number of recommendations for further inclusion in the relevant bulletins.

Thus, according to the generally accepted definition, a conflict of interest is that a person has a private interest in the field in which he or she exercises his or her official or representative powers, which may affect the objectivity or impartiality of his or her decision-making.

We see a risk that, despite the presence of mobile crematoria brought to Ukraine by the command of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the private interest of the Russian serviceman to save his life instead of following his command's orders is still extremely high. In this regard, we propose to reduce the likelihood of conflict of interest by supplementing the bulletins with the following step-by-step instructions:

"In case of crossing the border with Ukraine, a Russian serviceman must:

- get to the nearest settlement;

- move away from the equipment to a safe distance and drop your weapon;

- apologize for crossing the border without passport control;

- wait for the Ukrainian military, who will call my mother;

- wait for your return home. "

We hope for more fruitful cooperation in taking into account our recommendations.

In the appendix to the letter of thanks we send photos illustrating the above-mentioned achievements. We are sending the letter now, while there is still foreign computer equipment in Russia, which allows you to view the relevant photos.

Chapter

Alexander NOVIKOV

Space technologies of cumulative protection of Russian tanks T-72 and T-80 turned out to be cardboard containers for eggs ...
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944