Civilization III: Conquests

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Civilization III: Conquests

Post by Stravo »

I bought this on a lark on Monday, I was frankly fairly disappointed with Civ III (Whoever decided on this Corruption system needs to have explosive diaheria) but wanted to give it a chance. Its actually pretty good, in particular the scenarios (The Shogun Scenario is AWESOME) and you have a MezoAmercian scenario where you can actually sacrifice captured units at a sacrificial altar for culture points.

I recommend it if you already have Civ III. Anyone have this expansion and have any thoughts they'd like to add?
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Does it do anything to fix the infamous combat problems? I am so very very tired of watching my riflemen fall to phalanxes.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
KrauserKrauser
Sith Devotee

Post by KrauserKrauser »

I hate when my armor dies to spearmen, oh wait now an archer, damn I hate when those arrows skewer my metal fucking armor!

Fuck sid meier's combat system it blows goats
VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I bought Civ3 when it came out and was enormously disappointed. Civ2's combat was superior and after I get about 15 cities I'm driven mad by the micro required.

EDIT: I just loved the way I would have to build 30 vet swordsmen to beat a six-city civilization with spearmen.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Conquests is really good, and as for the problems you speak of, mods will sort any of them out. To be honest I've never had a tank fight an archer or a Sperman, so I can't really talk about it.