The Open Door (megacrossover)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Re: The Open Door (megacrossover)

Post by Singular Quartet »

Setesh wrote:
JGregory32 wrote:I was working on something else when I was struck by a great ide.
Agatha Hetrodyne Girl Genius gets invited aboard the Stilleto and starts tinkering.
Can we say god damm scary? This is the girl who invented a freaking time machine in a steampunk setting. Also she makes coffee machines which allow you to see god :twisted:
I can go one worse, imagine Reigle acquiring a new infection, S.R.M.D from 'A Miracle of Science'. The ability to generate insanely brilliant Mad Scientists on a whim. The worst part is this 'disease' is it's just an infectious meme. And anyone with a genius range IQ and a grasp of scientific principles can 'catch' it.

*Science Related Memetic Disorder
I prefer Narbonic, where they discovered the genetic coding that causes Mad Science, and invented a cure for it, to use on the other mad scientists to kill them (well, that was the secondary reason, but still). Also, the entire planet is run by the conspiracy of guys named Dave.

As to time machines, they invented three, one that just shoves around your mind using minimal power, one that shoves stuff back in time but destroys the universe to power it, and then one that shoves stuff all over time and destroys other universes to power it.
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

I would like to see Khenmu (sp?) again. From what I recall he became a Daemon Prince at the end of 1kShinji and his perspective on NeoChaos would be interesting to see, as well as society's perception of him.
"Guys, don't do that"
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Hmmm... not sure if I'll use Narbonic, but it does sound useful for the purposes of backstory, or at least something like it. Remember, Chaotic space is believed to be artificial, and time travel is only possible in Chaotic Space and Wild Space.

Also, I'm amazed none of you have noticed that Leman Russ is searching for the Tree of Life, comes from a Norse influenced culture, and we have a Norn, caretaker of the World Tree in Norse Mythology, lost amongst the multiverse.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Jonen C
Youngling

Post by Jonen C »

Academia Nut wrote:Also, I'm amazed none of you have noticed that Leman Russ is searching for the Tree of Life, comes from a Norse influenced culture, and we have a Norn, caretaker of the World Tree in Norse Mythology, lost amongst the multiverse.
If I had been drinking, I would have done a spit-take.
Lars, you poor bastard, you're SOL, man. TANJ.
Varje meddelande om att motståndet skall uppges är falskt. - BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD! LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

My mother taught me that it is the right of every woman to be seen, acknowledged, courted and proposed to at least once daily.
So, if you are reading this and you are a woman, will you marry me?
rodon
Redshirt

Post by rodon »

Academia Nut wrote:Also, I'm amazed none of you have noticed that Leman Russ is searching for the Tree of Life, comes from a Norse influenced culture, and we have a Norn, caretaker of the World Tree in Norse Mythology, lost amongst the multiverse.
Hadn't noticed it, but my mind had been wondering how a 40Ker would react to Lars.

"So... your a deamon that hates other 'natural' deamons?"

"What do you mean, he is asking you to purge him again?! The power of the Emperor should be naturally harmful to him."

I just have this image of SoB naturally being slightly harmful to lower level deamons, due to their faith. What happens when Lars comes along and not only doesn't get harmed, but tends to stick around the SoB. That would throw them for a loop.
wellis
Redshirt

Post by wellis »

Hey Acadamia, along with the request of seeing the Stiletto be encountered in the Furyverse, could we also see the Stiletto, or some other Chaotic influence, occur in the Andromeda verse from Gene Roddenberry, or the Haloverse?
JGregory32
Padawan Learner

Post by JGregory32 »

If the Stiletto shows up in the Halo verse then the covanent are going to need a new name for the Master Chief.
On a side note I would love to see a Boloverse crossover. Quick question, could a Bolo get possesed by a daemon? If so would there be some kind of psychic battle in which the daemon finds out the speed difference between Bolo brains and human brains?
Something like
Daemon: "Bwah ha ha ha! Now with the power of this mighty tank I shall destroy those puny humans!"
Bolo: "Your going to kill humans?"
Daemon: "Yes! Now cower in fear as I force you to kill that which you once sought to protect."
Bolo: "I am of the Diachrome Brigade, no bridage member has ever failed in their duty, take this!"
Insert frantic psychic battle as the demon realizes that possessing a body whose thought process occur in nano-seconds might just be a bad thing
Daemon: "Curse you Bolo!"
Bolo: "Now how do I go about entering this on my battle record?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man … woman inherits the earth.
Jurassic Park
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

JGregory32 wrote:If the Stiletto shows up in the Halo verse then the covanent are going to need a new name for the Master Chief.
On a side note I would love to see a Boloverse crossover. Quick question, could a Bolo get possesed by a daemon? If so would there be some kind of psychic battle in which the daemon finds out the speed difference between Bolo brains and human brains?
Something like
Daemon: "Bwah ha ha ha! Now with the power of this mighty tank I shall destroy those puny humans!"
Daemon: "Yes! Now cower in fear as I force you to kill that which you once sought to protect."
Bolo: "I am of the Diachrome Brigade, no bridage member has ever failed in their duty, take this!"
Insert frantic psychic battle as the demon realizes that possessing a body whose thought process occur in nano-seconds might just be a bad thing
In theory it owuld be possible for the Ruinious powers to corrupt Bolo's (Esepecially MarkXXXIII's and IV's), also getting Bolo's to attack other humans is not out of the quesiton. Even in Cannon Bolo stories, you have Bolo's attacking humans that are 'enemies of hte concordiant' without batting a electronic tear over them (Off the top of my head I can recall space pirates on Camelot, and another Bolo fighting against a invading religious fanatical army...)

Surviving Bolo's of the Melconian/Concordiant war that don't awaken to what they've become are probably ripe for hte picking for Khorne. (Read Weber's Bolo short story 'A time to Kill' the opening mentality of the Bolo as they pursue the final solution against the Melconian empire is literally just one small step above 'blood for hte blood god' beserk fury...)

Plus you can have Chaos powers aimign the corruption in a manner where it appears to the Bolo that Humans uncorrupted by Chaos are dooming themselves to death... and htus must turn to the true saviors of humanity the ruinious powers, or die since htey are doomed anyway and preventing saving other humans. (Read the Novel 'Dark Adeptus' for a similar view on how killing imperial soldiers is 'saving them and humanity' to a Chaos MArine of the Word Bringers...)
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

Skyfox120 wrote:
JGregory32 wrote:If the Stiletto shows up in the Halo verse then the covanent are going to need a new name for the Master Chief.
Something like
In theory it owuld be possible for the Ruinious powers to corrupt Bolo's (Esepecially MarkXXXIII's and IV's), also getting Bolo's to attack other humans is not out of the quesiton. Even in Cannon Bolo stories, you have Bolo's attacking humans that are 'enemies of hte concordiant' without batting a electronic tear over them (Off the top of my head I can recall space pirates on Camelot, and another Bolo fighting against a invading religious fanatical army...)

Surviving Bolo's of the Melconian/Concordiant war that don't awaken to what they've become are probably ripe for hte picking for Khorne. (Read Weber's Bolo short story 'A time to Kill' the opening mentality of the Bolo as they pursue the final solution against the Melconian empire is literally just one small step above 'blood for hte blood god' beserk fury...)

Plus you can have Chaos powers aimign the corruption in a manner where it appears to the Bolo that Humans uncorrupted by Chaos are dooming themselves to death... and htus must turn to the true saviors of humanity the ruinious powers, or die since htey are doomed anyway and preventing saving other humans. (Read the Novel 'Dark Adeptus' for a similar view on how killing imperial soldiers is 'saving them and humanity' to a Chaos MArine of the Word Bringers...)
Actually, i can guess HOW, Reigle was capable of develop her Despair Plague, capable of make Machines feel terror and Despair.......after all, on her EVA-00, wasn't the soul of Naoko Akagi, the creator of MAGI? What if she became also a Daemon Princess when they ascended, and it's one of the main scientist heads of Chaos??
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

You know, there is a much easier way to get a Bolo on the side of Chaos. Find a damaged one on a battlefield such that the mind is recoverable, haul it back to Earth, and then fill it in on the score, or at least enough to get it on your side. Then unleash it on the filthy xenos and heretics. Maybe even give it the 'good behaviour' reward of being able to be reinserted into the Concordiat with all the fancy toys they've upgraded it with.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Chapter Forty-seven: Graduation

Maria stared at herself in the mirror, at the face she saw in the reflective surface. Had four years truly gone by since the day she had met one of the gods? Had four, bloody, painful, exhausting years truly gone by? Years of endless, repetitive drills on building endurance, stealth and avoidance skills, social skills, combat skills… just about every kind of skill a human could learn really.

They had been tortured endlessly for days, just to see how long it would take for them to break, and they always did break. Then they would be built back up, mentally and physically, into something stronger than before. They had been run literally into the ground with training, then picked up and rebuilt once more. Again and again, they had been tested to fracture in every possible dimension before they were reinforced. New training, gifts from the gods, cybernetics, combat drugs… the list went on and on.

One hundred twenty human young adults had entered into the program. Thirty-seven had died in training accidents caused by over-estimation of their abilities, usually an overestimation of the ability to jump or dodge fire they really should have stayed in cover from. Maria herself had her heart restarted four times, not counting surgical procedures or during interrogation sessions. And now, at the end of it all, twelve assassins remained.

Calling them ‘human’ was probably over generous.

Still, when Maria looked at her face in the mirror, she looked just as innocent and unscarred as the day she had entered into the training. The innocent part was just a carefully cultivated mask however, while the unblemished visage had to do with the fact that assassins with distinctive features were not as useful as ones that could blend into a crowd immediately after a hit.

She still remembered her first killing. A year into the training she had been taken to a hospice. Reigle had removed disease from those who did not follow her, but the gods did not have the powers to stop the effects of aging or of critical injuries. Thus there were still places where people went to die. And sometimes they wished the process expedited somewhat.

So all of the assassins had been given a room where a person waiting for euthanasia waited inside and a variety of tools to accomplish the job. Of course, every assassin had to ensure that the target was dead, so if you chose poisons or other quiet methods you had to sit and watch the target slowly pass away. Maria still remembered the smile on the old woman’s face- that hundred plus year old face- as she pushed the barrel of the gun between her eyes and pulled the trigger.

Her first victim had been willing and had gladly joined with the gods afterward, but every assassin was expected to kill someone face to face, so see the light in their eyes die away. That first mission in the hospice had been to sort out those who could perform the fact… and also who performed it properly, with the sort of emotionless detachment that would keep them from doing something stupid later on.

There had been later missions, ones involving less willing targets. Despite the nearly anarchic law set of the gods, there were still those that insisted on breaking the rules. Not just little ones like bylaws or taxes or even universal conscription, but the big ones. There was still trafficking in humans, drugs that even Mislaato had agreed were more harmful than fun, and a variety of social ills that the gods disagreed with. Oh, sure, they occasionally skirted some of the lines themselves, maybe even stepped over every once in a while, but there were a few points that they refused to compromise on.

Disembowelling the leader of a child smuggling ring had been one of the crowning moments in Maria’s life. To see the terror in his face as his soul left his body, knowing what lay on the other side for him, had been like the sweetest of wines. To purge the world of scum like him made all the pain and misery and tears worth it for Maria.

The look of betrayal on his face when he realized that his trusted lieutenant was in fact an infiltrator had been a cherry on top though. The original second-in-command had been replaced days before the op, but only Maria, her team, and her superiors knew that.

The fact that her face remained unblemished also had to do with the fact that she had a polymorphine gland in her body along with the blessings of the shape shifting Tzintchi. She had a thousand faces. When it came to infiltration through camouflage and social interaction, Maria had top marks.

So wrapped up in internal dialogue was she that only noticed the least stealthy member of her team, or coven as the lingo went, when she felt small arms wrap around her and naked breasts press up against her own bare back.

“Are you going to stare into that thing all day?” A long familiar voice asked.

Placing her hands on those about her stomach, Maria asked, “The boys getting antsy without us?”

“You know it. They love to watch us play together, but leave them alone and they just stare awkwardly at each other,” she said.

“Oh, don’t tease them like that Vita,” Maria said playfully.

An assassin’s coven was a strange outgrowth of their construction. Apex level assassins like them could not relate to anyone other than other assassins, and to keep them all sane their handlers had discovered that integrating them into teams worked very well not only in increasing their lethality but keeping them healthy. Each coven was as good as a marriage, stronger in fact when you considered that they would probably all receive ascension to daemonhood after death. There were no secrets between them.

Such as the fact that Vita was from another universe, another branch of the multiverse really, and the reason she had joined the military was because she refused to stay still. She had another family out there, waiting for her, and after spending five years technically as a POW but really more of a civilian with a government pension for living expenses, she had decided that something had to be done. She was going to find her original family, one way or another, and show them her new family.

So she had found a legal advisor, relinquished her previous citizenship, something she had no real attachment to as she only owed her loyalty to her ‘mistress’ Hayate, and signed up as a citizen of this world. Something that meant that she had to sign up for military service. Of course, as a former NCO in a training academy and an experienced warrior and soldier, she excelled at her initial examinations and been bumped up to the assassin trials.

She had access to a strange sort of sorcery that originated from another set of physics, but here abilities were primarily combat-oriented, making her unsuited to the sort of psychic powers that typified other sorcerers. She did however earn her code name as ‘The Scarlet Hammer’ in the coven with her skills. Where Maria would infiltrate and then eliminate the enemy before disappearing again, earning the code ‘Holy Ghost’, Vita had a slightly different tack. Her method of assassination was to use her petite body size to get close to an unsuspecting target and then unleash horrific violence upon them and any allies within the lethal radius before slinking away again.

The two of them worked well together, as they had somewhat similar styles of ‘get close then kill’, so on group missions they were the closest. Of course, that meant that it had hurt the most when as part of their training each member of the team had been isolated and lead quite strongly to believe that the others had been killed quite horrifically. Psychic probe teams lead by daemon princes could pull quite the number on the mind.

Then again, the members of the coven were the only ones who could relate after being subjected to a week long session with a Slaaneshi greater daemon. Not one of Mislaato’s lot, but the actual psychopathic, predatory train wreck of a monster that had hitched a ride along so many years ago to assist in the ascension of the gods. That had not been fun. Of course, when it was revealed that everyone was in fact still alive and not decorating the torturer’s racks, that had been the greatest, most relieving moment in all their lives.

Interrupting her reverie once again, Vita said while nibbling on the back of Maria’s neck right where she liked it, “But it’s so easy to mock them. Why is it that the girls do all the hard work while they get to stay behind?”

“Because neither one of us are physical capable of using someone as a mind puppet, and you must admit that what Jose does with a rifle is art. Do you remember what he did to those brain rot smugglers?” Maria pointed out.

“You mean where he put a round between the eyes of that one guy with poor trigger safety and someone managed to have the bullet spray from the death spasms break the locking mechanism on a crane, thus dropping a cargo container full of volatile drugs on the advancing forces right before we were about to be overrun? Yeah, I’ll admit that was art,” Vita conceded.

Leaning into the ministrations of her coven-mate, Maria said, “Or what about the time Charles rushed those arms smugglers bare assed to haul you out of range of those lascannons that had you pinned down?”

Maria could feel Vita lean in to her back and smirk, saying, “I couldn’t walk straight for a week after that I was so grateful. Still, they’re fun to tease.”

“I know. You’re the hammer of our group Vita, the blunt one. I’m the deep, moody thinker who has to put on the masks, become the social butterfly and interact with the worst people in the world, the ones who think Chaos is to strict on their way of life. Half the time you just tie off her little tits, put on a jumper, and then bite the dick off the first pedophile you lure in,” Maria noted.

“Hey! My missions are much more sophisticated than that! Most child abusers and sexual predators target only those they trust and feel safe around. I go undercover in schools and orphanages. And you know how much I hate those missions anyway. I can’t get off for a week afterward because I feel guilty for my partners sleeping with me,” Vita complained.

“I know, I know. We all have our issues. I get the deep infiltration stuff, you get all the sexual predators, Jose has to deal with the simultaneous distance he operates at while still knowing the faces of his targets intimately, and Charles, Charles rapes people’s minds and takes over their bodies. They had to replace his heart with an artificial one because every time one of his puppets dies his original heart stopped beating and had to be restarted. We’re all screwed up,” Maria replied.

“Yeah, but when you smash in a man’s ribcage and you know that he got off on tying up little kids in his basement, it’s the greatest thing in the world to watch that flicker of fire in his eyes die, and to know that the last thing going through his mind before he meets final judgement is the sense of shock and betrayal that his ‘helpless victim’ turned out to be an assassin. Then you get to untie all of the kids and be the hero for a few brief seconds before slipping away in the mayhem as the regular fuzz arrive. Those are the times that make it all worth it,” Vita said.

Maria smiled before she turned around, picked up a rather surprised Vita, and said, “Alright, that’s it, you’ve just convinced me. Instead of moping around, we’re going to go have fun, get clean, and then go to our graduation ceremony.”

The four members of their coven stood proudly at order amongst the proud members of the surviving first class of assassins, decked out in their full gear. Maria the Holy Ghost wore her chameleon skin suit, a nano-motile fabric capable of rearranging itself into nearly any configuration Maria could think of, although right now she had it set to a dense weave, skin tight body armour. She had on display a wide array of melee weapons, from poisoned blades to a power sword. She also had, concealed about her person, a compact hell pistol.

Next to her on the left, Vita wore her barrier jacket, blood red and liberally decorated with skulls but mostly unchanged from its original design, except for the addition of an iron collar about her neck, a gift from the gods to help regulate the flow of otherworldly energies into her body while outside of her home environment. She had not soaked up nearly so much Warp energy as the only other mage from her home dimensions to require more drastic measures. Attached to her collar was her device in its dormant state, appearing so innocently as a little pendant.

To Maria’s right was Jose the Artful Scalpel, the coven’s sniper, and he too wore a chameleon skin suit, although his did not have quite the same configurability as hers but had a better protective rating. His eyes had been replaced years ago by low profile cybernetics, but since he did not want to go incognito he did not have the camouflage turned on so they were silver and gold orbs of metal. Also, invisibly, he had a ‘third eye’, a sort of psychic insight that surpassed all of the others when it came to combat precognition. Standing on the ground next to him was his baby, the two metre long Finale rifle. While often too conspicuous for standard work, the enormous laser weapon did have its uses in ultra-long range anti-personnel work and in a pinch as an anti-tank weapon.

Then to Vita’s left was Charles the Waking Nightmare, pale and resplendent in his robes. He looked the like the least likely candidate for an assassin as an albino African, something that most people would probably remember, but he rarely got himself into a position where he was seen. He was the group’s psyker, an extremely powerful telepath and telekinetic who had specialized in forcibly taking over other’s bodies. He needed no weapons, for his body was a living weapon, and he tended to borrow the items of his foes. Still, a truer friend and a more incorrigible prankster could not be found.

So the four of them waited, proud amongst the elite of the elite. Naked, any one of them could give a Space Marine a hard time. Properly armed and prepared… their enemies often never knew what happened to them.

They waited patiently as Hikari manifested. Clearing her throat for effect, she said, “I’m impressed to see so many of you still here today, four years after you began. Honestly, we weren’t sure if we could get one quality assassin out of this program, but it seems that our initial estimates were wrong, and that 10% of you actually did pass. Out of hundreds of thousands of possible candidates and a starting cohort of a hundred-twenty, twelve of you have made it here today. Twelve of you have survived to today, as our training showed the frailty of the human body in comparison to the human spirit. To those in the military who know only of whispers of your presence, you send chills up their spines to think that we have produced something so perfectly lethal yet still human.

“To those who know you more intimately… well, we’re not sure just what to make of you really. You have consistently surprised us. After the second year, all losses were caused by trainees pushing their bodies beyond their limits and suffering the fatal consequences. We honestly tried to break you permanently, to do things to you that we thought no one could withstand, and yet you consistently pulled together the pieces and spat in the face of our expectations. We could not defeat you; we could only kill you, something we had no interest in. So here you stand, the greatest humanity has to offer, and the gods are impressed,” Hikari said before nodding to an officer carrying a case.

“You have all graduated, that is a foregone conclusion at this point, and you all may now carry, for the first time, the titles of Divine Assassin, a rank unique to you and conferring the privileges of a colonel in the army. You answer only to your handlers, who in turn answer only to the Gods themselves. While we are here though, I would like to announce something of interest,” Hikari explained to them before idly opening the case and pulling out what was inside.

It was a sword, a strange weapon of a matte grey material that seemed to shift in and out of reality at times, morphing and fluid. Smiling, Hikari explained, “In the old ways, the Imperium outfitted some of its assassins with fearsome blades known as phase swords, weapons derived from alien technology. Specifically the C’tan, the creatures we seek to overthrow. We however have learned that the C’tan themselves derived phase technology from observations of their wars with the Angels. Knowing these facts, we have managed to miniaturize the Lance of Longinus. This is currently the only copy of the one melee weapon more fearsome than a daemon blade in our arsenal. This is an Angel Cutter. In the whole multiverse, there are few weapons this deadly. We present this morphing blade to an assassin using polymorphine and who has demonstrated the best use of that shape changing chemical. Would Maria Godwin please step forward?”

Four years ago Maria had fainted away at the praise of one of the avatars of the gods. Now she confidently stepped forward to the stage, exchanging her power sword for the phase weapon.

Returning to the line with a grin, Maria waited expectantly. Hikari paused for a long period before she said, “I give up; I can see you are all too well trained to not anticipate one last thing. We have one final task for you as students. The gods wish to send their avatars to a public meeting in another universe. Your task is thus to provide security detail for them at an Iron Maiden concert.”

“Which era?” Charles asked.

“It’s up to the security detail to figure that out, but the gods do demand that we get some daemons summoned in during either ‘Number of the Beast’ or ‘Dance of Death’,” Hikari replied, the grin rapidly growing on her face.

The assassins all looked at each other for a moment before they all nodded sagely. They knew how to pull this off.
Aranfan
Padawan Learner

Post by Aranfan »

If they try to send Vita to infiltrate the TSAB group, I can see the Wolkenritter realizing something is wrong with her very quickly. You don't spend thousands of years with somebody without getting to know them very intimately. Especially as it's implied that Vita doesn't have access to all her memories.
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Now what universe would this concert be in? Buffy-verse? Which reminds me, when will we see Buffy-verse once more? Or SG-1?
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

Just some random, quiet Earth they found that had Iron Maiden on it during some point in their timeline. You will see Buffyverse before you see SG-1 though.

And Aranfan, they don't intend to use Vita to infiltrate the TSAB. They intend to use her as a propaganda point against them, in the sort of "Hey, do you remember your friend? Well, she's a-okay. In fact, we treated her so well she decided to join up with us, and she thinks you should do the same. That little fight between us before was just a little misunderstanding. Don't you think we could all benefit from friendship?"
wellis
Redshirt

Post by wellis »

Academia Nut wrote:Just some random, quiet Earth they found that had Iron Maiden on it during some point in their timeline. You will see Buffyverse before you see SG-1 though.

And Aranfan, they don't intend to use Vita to infiltrate the TSAB. They intend to use her as a propaganda point against them, in the sort of "Hey, do you remember your friend? Well, she's a-okay. In fact, we treated her so well she decided to join up with us, and she thinks you should do the same. That little fight between us before was just a little misunderstanding. Don't you think we could all benefit from friendship?"
Will that get Nanoha to attempt to "befriend" them? :wink:
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

The befriending will be epic on all sides and will serve the plans of the gods no matter what goes down. Especially if Vita makes friends with a salvaged Bolo first.

Mmmmm... no kill like overkill.
Aranfan
Padawan Learner

Post by Aranfan »

Academia Nut wrote:The befriending will be epic on all sides and will serve the plans of the gods no matter what goes down. Especially if Vita makes friends with a salvaged Bolo first.

There is no "Overkill" only "Open Fire!" and "I Need to Reload!"
nugar
Redshirt

Post by nugar »

Hmmm, slight topic necro here. I'm not a regular on this board, though I have friends here, and I completely missed this story for months, though I followed Thousand Shinji while it was running. I found The Open Door this weekend, and was reading through the posts, and I noticed something of interest to me. Was the fanart ever delivered?
Finally, a sudden... impulse has buried itself in my brain thanks to a certain aquatically coloured stylus (read: bluepencil). I want to see the trio of god!Shinji's from the internet all brought together.
This fanart, I mean. Also, if the offer still stands, how liberal are you on the poses/whatnot? I believe it'd be a lot easier to draw them standing than sitting, as I am not the best artist in the world. Color, at least from me, is rather unlikely, though I imagine I will be able to subcontract that to a friend.

I have some interest in the incentive aspect of this proposal, as I have a certain group of characters who would probably make a nice world for Tzintchi to quietly purchase a few services at. There are Keepers of Secrets, and then there are those born to steal them.
kuracao
Redshirt

Post by kuracao »

Hikari as the head of the ministry of justice...
The equivalent of the Adeptus Arbites in the "Open the door" universe.
I can picture a squad lead by Officer Bradley with Blood Hound of Asukhon to track criminals.

Maria as Callidus assassins, Vita as Eversor, Jose as Vindicare and Charles as Culexus...
Maybe when Vita will decide to return to her home universe, I think she will not be alone. After all if their Covent have bonds stronger than marriage, they will follow her.

For now we have seen Hikari, Toji and the greater deamon of Slaanesh.
Still missing Kensuke and Khnemu.

Would be interesting to see a discussion between Daniel Jackson and Khnemu :)
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

I like it.. although I think you should have Vita musing on how the Gods warned her it would be a long difficult and occasionaly cruel path to getting her TSAB family to accept her new family...
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

I got some fanart of Lars and Skuld, but nothing like the ones I detailed out, so no, I never got the fanart. Offer is still open at any time, for anything anyone dreams up.

And yeah, the reunion between Vita and the Takamachi-Harloun-Yagami group will be... interesting. It would be like losing track of a family member only to discover that they have joined the French Foreign Legion, are now an officer, and have married another officer.

And you only lost track of them for a week!
holyknight
Youngling
Location: In a dark alley, slaying the Cultists of Wanknfiction

Post by holyknight »

Academia Nut wrote:
Returning to the line with a grin, Maria waited expectantly. Hikari paused for a long period before she said, “I give up; I can see you are all too well trained to not anticipate one last thing. We have one final task for you as students. The gods wish to send their avatars to a public meeting in another universe. Your task is thus to provide security detail for them at an Iron Maiden concert.”

“It’s up to the security detail to figure that out, but the gods do demand that we get some daemons summoned in during either ‘Number of the Beast’ or ‘Dance of Death’,” Hikari replied, the grin rapidly growing on her face.

The assassins all looked at each other for a moment before they all nodded sagely. They knew how to pull this off.
Oh Shit....let me guess....the concert JUST, happens to be on one of those Earths on the sight of them? SG, Haruhi, heck, Nanoha's Earth, just for the kicker......or a new one?

And how it's going the bonding between the new goddess of the Shadow Weave, and her dear Daemon daughter? :angelic:
Academia Nut wrote:The befriending will be epic on all sides and will serve the plans of the gods no matter what goes down. Especially if Vita makes friends with a salvaged Bolo first.

Mmmm..........HK-47 being found by Chaos on a forgotten corner of the multiverse...... :lol: :twisted: :roll: :angelic: :mrgreen: :kill:
A devoted follower of the Chaos Goddess and her way.....

Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're *flashing* and they're *beeping*. I can't stand it anymore! They're *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug!
pieman3141
Youngling

Post by pieman3141 »

I'm wondering how law and order would play out in this universe. People actually know that there is a reward or punishment after they die, so wouldn't people try to behave as well as they can? I can see the logic in near-anarchic laws, since there's no point in going overboard with making laws, right?
Skyfox120
Youngling

Post by Skyfox120 »

pieman3141 wrote:I'm wondering how law and order would play out in this universe. People actually know that there is a reward or punishment after they die, so wouldn't people try to behave as well as they can? I can see the logic in near-anarchic laws, since there's no point in going overboard with making laws, right?
You'll always have people who think they can get away with 'one little thing', twisted minds who actually think what criems there doing are 'right' or 'what the gods truely want', those who prefer imemdiate gratification and screw the consequences, and those who just won't believe (Hell even today we have people scattered around the world who still believe the world is flat!)
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Academia Nut wrote:

A Maiden concert? Hell yeah... up the kriffing Irons!

Speaking of the Dance of Death concert, I was at the show at Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles during that tour...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF