The IT Crowd

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

The IT Crowd

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Anyone in the UK watch the pilot tonight? New comedy about IT people (I know you techies who work the helplines can tell some funny stuff) written by Graham Lineham and has Chris "surreal/satire comedy god" Morris in as well as Dean Learner from Darkplace.

Have to say, I see this being a good series. Hilarious opening double-bill. :lol: Was wondering when they'd do a show on the hell IT technicians have to go through.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Yea, I saw it. I could see it was going to be good from that first "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" line, and that taking the prostitutes to the fair story was great.

I was really glad to see that Green Wing's coming back too.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

You can watch the next episode online (legally). Channel 4 are putting them on the web before they're out on TV.

Edit: Well.. nevermind. I'm a very silly boy and C4 have taken the link down. Apparently the third episode (50/50) will be up on the website later on in the week though... umm (shuffles off)
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Yeah, Green Wing season 1 will be on DVD when the second season starts I see.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

I liked it. Its not revolutionary, but its pretty funny. Plus that ginger lass is hot.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Flakin wrote:You can watch the next episode online (legally). Channel 4 are putting them on the web before they're out on TV.

Edit: Well.. nevermind. I'm a very silly boy and C4 have taken the link down. Apparently the third episode (50/50) will be up on the website later on in the week though... umm (shuffles off)
Shame, I'd have liked to have been able to download them all. Would have saved forking out for the DVD when it comes out.
Admiral Valdemar wrote:Yeah, Green Wing season 1 will be on DVD when the second season starts I see.
Sounds about right. The DVD is out on the 3rd or April I see.

Was it wrong that I got kinda turned on when that really hot woman from upstairs came down and started beating the shite out of Roy?
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

The red head beating the shit out of Roy and the girl actually in the basement with them are both exceedingly hot, yes.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

The one who was beating Roy with her shoe had black hair, the redhead is Jen.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

No, the girl that beat him up was a readhead too, but more darker red than Jen.
SoX
Padawan Learner

Post by SoX »

I liked it. Its not revolutionary, but its pretty funny. Plus that ginger lass is hot.
Yes, yes she is.

I liked it too. Chris Morris is brilliant. And i can see many helpdesk lines being in the upcoming episodes.

"Its not working"
"riight. Wanna tell me the problem?"
"groovy" - Ash, Evil Dead 2.
"no prizes for guessing 'the colour of the grass on the otherside' or the time on the moon" - Either Nick, Rye or Tony.
"your pills your grass your tits your ass"
" i pitty teh poor foo's that have to suffer Troy's anti-plan field"
"Escaped mental patients make better lovers" - Graffiti near Uni.
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:No, the girl that beat him up was a readhead too, but more darker red than Jen.
Really? Must be my shitty TV ariel playing up again, I'm stuck without any digital at the moment. Anyway, I concur, yes, they were both extremely hot. But then I guess that goes back to Chris's line "We're all hot, young, sexy people here having affairs!" or whatever it was...