Sebastian Vettel - youngest F1 champion ever

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Sebastian Vettel - youngest F1 champion ever

Post by Thanas »

As further proof of German driving superiority his amazing talent, Sebastian Vettel is now the youngest F1 champion ever.

I will now start gloating.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Re: Sebastian Vettel - youngest F1 champion ever

Post by weemadando »

It has nothing to do at all with him being gifted points by Red Bull's bullshit "points management" Mark Webber's spectacular ability to choke.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Did it seriously have to be that stupid piece of shit? Christ.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yes, yes, continue.

Darth Vettel is fueled by your impotent rage.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Speaking of impotent rage, remember his whine fest when he had that drive through back in Hungary for driving like an asshole? :P

Or the times he crashed into his own teammate. Goddamn.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Losonti Tokash wrote:Speaking of impotent rage, remember his whine fest when he had that drive through back in Hungary for driving like an asshole? :P

Or the times he crashed into his own teammate. Goddamn.
Meh. He won despite all of that. More proof how great a talent he is - even when he is whining and crashing, he still manages to become the champion.
------------
------------
My LPs
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

It still also makes him a gigantic douchebag who I literally wanted to be beaten by anyone else. Preferably Hamilton, but anybody would have done. The bastards all let me down. :P
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Losonti Tokash wrote:It still also makes him a gigantic douchebag who I literally wanted to be beaten by anyone else. Preferably Hamilton, but anybody would have done. The bastards all let me down. :P
That is because they are inferior. :P
------------
------------
My LPs
Bottlestein
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Bottlestein »

^ Finally - someone who understands the actual point of F1. Congrats!
atg
Jedi Master

Post by atg »

I despise Vettel but its a testimate to how much I loath Alonso that I'd prefer Vettel to win over him. McLaren just didn't have it this year. Though I did notice that if Hamilton had of been patient in Monza instead of ramming into Massa he likely would have gained 10 or more points in that race and would have been the champion this year if the results in races afterward were the same. The new points system really made things interesting.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

atg wrote:I despise Vettel but its a testimate to how much I loath Alonso that I'd prefer Vettel to win over him. McLaren just didn't have it this year. Though I did notice that if Hamilton had of been patient in Monza instead of ramming into Massa he likely would have gained 10 or more points in that race and would have been the champion this year if the results in races afterward were the same. The new points system really made things interesting.
Or if his maintenance team hadn't totally dropped the ball before the Hungary race.
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

weemadando wrote:It has nothing to do at all with him being gifted points by Red Bull's bullshit "points management" Mark Webber's spectacular ability to choke.
It's the return of the Webber curse- Unluckiest Man in Motorsport :cry:
Losonti Tokash wrote:It still also makes him a gigantic douchebag who I literally wanted to be beaten by anyone else. Preferably Hamilton, but anybody would have done. The bastards all let me down. :P
I like how you mention 'gigantic douchebag' without mentioning Santanderlonso :roll:
Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Yeah, and he didn't win, did he? :P
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Shots of Alonso being consoled by the team had me smiling. Which is the only positive reaction I had to the result. Webber needs to get with a team that won't push him to be the second fiddle when he has a better shot at the title (and IMHO the better, more experienced driver).
XXXI
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

I am happy for Vettel, apart from Button he was the nicest of the championship contenders. I was in favor of Webber for a while, but he drove me away with his constant "the team is favoring Vettel!!11" whinging. He cried wolf every time Vettel beat him and when he did win he talked as if he won DESPITE Red Bull, not because of them. "Not bad for a number 2 driver"... yeah, real classy move, asshole.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

Skgoa wrote:when he did win he talked as if he won DESPITE Red Bull, not because of them. "Not bad for a number 2 driver"... yeah, real classy move, asshole.
Given the grief he'd had all weekend at Silverstone, especially that suspicious business with the front wing, it isn't surprising that he had a dig back at them. Certainly of the three worthy championship contenders at Abu Dhabi, Webber was the most deserving - he's not won the championship yet, and knows how to overtake without driving into people.

And Vitaly Petrov deserves a medal. :lol:
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Well, on the question of whether or not someone deserves the title... they all made big (and stupid) mistakes, they all made some great moves and choices. In the end, Vettel and Alonso were the best drivers in the best teams. IMHO the driver with the most points deserves to be champion, as long as he didn't cheat like Schumacher did so often.

And my problem with Webber is not just Silverstone, even though he should not have been so childish about that. Its that from that onwards he was constantly playing the media. The whole "Seb HAS TO let me through if I'm in second place" thing made me really angry, especially since Webber had stated last year that he wouldn't do it AND Vettel had already promised (even BEFORE the GP in Brazil) to do that if it wins Red Bull the championship.
I can understand Webber's feelings about being the #2 driver, because he is and when you have a chance at winning the title, you want to be really confident the team does everything to help you. But he HAS been given every opportunity the team could give him (that front wing MIGHT have given him one tenth of a second... but Vettel was in front in the championship) and in the end his own mistakes cost him the championship, while the Vettel not dominating the whole season in the first place was mostly due to his car's many reliability issues.

If Massa and Schumacher benefit more from the new rules and tires next season than the others and if Mercedes and maybe even Lotus-Renault can significantly tighten the gap... we might see a championship battle with even more contenders.:D
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Skgoa wrote:Well, on the question of whether or not someone deserves the title... they all made big (and stupid) mistakes, they all made some great moves and choices. In the end, Vettel and Alonso were the best drivers in the best teams. IMHO the driver with the most points deserves to be champion, as long as he didn't cheat like Schumacher did so often.
I disagree - those two ended up with the most points, but that does not mean they're the most deserving of the title. Alonso is the Schumacher of modern F1, and Vettel, while he's phenomenally fast and certainly deserving of the title, cannot yet be called a great racer - his inability to overtake without running into people is proof enough of that.
And my problem with Webber is not just Silverstone, even though he should not have been so childish about that. Its that from that onwards he was constantly playing the media. The whole "Seb HAS TO let me through if I'm in second place" thing made me really angry
Why? If Vettel, Webber and Alonso had been running at the front in that order after the pit stops, then Webber would've had every right to expect Vettel to move over. In that situation he would have been the only Red Bull driver capable of winning the championship.
in the end his own mistakes cost him the championship
Not mistakes, mistake. Singular. If he hadn't put a wheel on that strip of paint in Korea, then the championship would have been his.
Vettel not dominating the whole season in the first place was mostly due to his car's many reliability issues.
Plus him taking himself out of the race by driving into Webber in Turkey and Button and that FI in Spa.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, but that is just the thing. If the other drivers had been great drivers (note: great in context of F1, not typical driving skills), then Vettel would not have had the chance to get the title.
------------
------------
My LPs
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Thanas wrote:Yeah, but that is just the thing. If the other drivers had been great drivers (note: great in context of F1, not typical driving skills), then Vettel would not have had the chance to get the title.
I disagree. Hamilton has proved time and again that he's one of F1's greats - his first season is ample evidence of that, and his performances at Silverstone and Spa a couple of years ago reinforce it. He failed because of his two driver-stupidity-induced shunts, one of which was his fault, one of which was Webber's. Alonso, for all that he's a whiny cheat, is a double world champion, and has regularly pulled a better performance out of that Ferrari than it deserved. He failed because of a combination of a poor car early in the season and getting that drive-through for cutting the corner on Kubica at Silverstone. I don't see how either of those mistakes, neither of which were of the same magnitude as Vettel's repeated failures when trying to overtake, changes the fact that they are two of the best drivers F1's seen.