Toy Story 3 Teaser

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Toy Story 3 Teaser

Post by Zor »

Apple Trailers

Looks like they are finally making it. Definately something i am looking forward to for 2010 as Toy Story was one of my favourate movies from Childhood, in the same league as Secrets of NIMH and the Brave Little Toaster.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2009-05-31 09:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Re: Toy Story 3 Teaser

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

They're. They are. Figure it out.

On the trailer--I really hope they don't fuck up this franchise. Toy Story was such a great movie, and Toy Story 2 was great as well. Hopefully, being Pixar, this will be of some quality.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Fleet Admiral JD wrote:Hopefully, being Pixar, this will be of some quality.
Aye, I hope so, too.
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Given the push they're doing for the whole 3D stuff, I'm expecting an increase in computer-generated movies like this, wich can be good, it's like a renaissance of animation movies, but powered with our future SPACE-AGE TECHNOLOGY.
unsigned
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

LordOskuro wrote:Given the push they're doing for the whole 3D stuff, I'm expecting an increase in computer-generated movies like this, wich can be good, it's like a renaissance of animation movies, but powered with our future SPACE-AGE TECHNOLOGY.
You're expecting an increase? As in...in the future?

Where were you for the last five years? :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
hongi
Jedi Council Member

Post by hongi »

Anyone seen Up? I heard it was good.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

hongi wrote:Anyone seen Up? I heard it was good.
I have, and it's really, really lovely. Not as good as WALL-E, but the storytelling is excellent, touching, sad and effective.

Pixar's even better now than they were in the early 90's I think, I have high hopes from this, even if Disney related sequels have a traditionally hideous history (Apart from - Toy Story 2)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

PeZook wrote:You're expecting an increase? As in...in the future?

Where were you for the last five years? :P
Increase as in "Someone other than Pixar or Dreamworks". There's plenty of crappy CGI animation out there, and then there are the big boys, I wouldn't mind more variety, wich could lead to more genres being explored, not just the kiddie movies we get now.
unsigned
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

DEATH wrote:Pixar's even better now than they were in the early 90's I think, I have high hopes from this, even if Disney related sequels have a traditionally hideous history (Apart from - Toy Story 2)
As i recall Rescuers down Under was alright, mind you that it came out of a diferent mindset from "shit out a crappy Direct to Video follow up" one that Disney has adopted since the 1990s.

Zor
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
phred
Jedi Knight

Post by phred »

Zor wrote:As i recall Rescuers down Under was alright, mind you that it came out of a different mindset from "shit out a crappy Direct to Video follow up" one that Disney has adopted since the 1990s.
This is basically it. Pixar has the freedom to put actual effort and thought into their sequels, whereas most of the Disney sequels that have come out in the last 15 -20 years have been crap to milk the franchise with.
"Siege warfare, French for spawn camp" WTYP podcast

It's so bad it wraps back around to awesome then back to bad again, then back to halfway between awesome and bad. Like if ed wood directed a godzilla movie - Duckie
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Zor wrote:
DEATH wrote:Pixar's even better now than they were in the early 90's I think, I have high hopes from this, even if Disney related sequels have a traditionally hideous history (Apart from - Toy Story 2)
As i recall Rescuers down Under was alright, mind you that it came out of a diferent mindset from "shit out a crappy Direct to Video follow up" one that Disney has adopted since the 1990s.

Zor
Yeah, yeah, there are a few exceptions (I liked Rescuers Down Under more than the original, and while the same certainly can't be said for "Lion King 2" or "Beauty and the Beast - Enchanted christmas", they were far from bad. Just inferior to the excellent originals).
That doesn't change my point :D
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Zor wrote:

Zor
I still wonder if that mindset would have been adopted if RDU had not opened the same day as Home Alone and failed at the box-office as a result. Maybe, maybe not.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

JME2 wrote:
Zor wrote:

Zor
I still wonder if that mindset would have been adopted if RDU had not opened the same day as Home Alone and failed at the box-office as a result. Maybe, maybe not.
Well that was shit luck. Mind you the Direct to Video sequel thing would have at least been stalled if Atlantis: The Lost Empire was more sucessful, as they did have a full length theatrical series in planning which got canned due to the preformance.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I've soured on Pixar myself. Lately none of their movies have impressed me. WALL-E was mediocre and really, really boring. It just draggggggggggggged so much.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Vympel wrote:I've soured on Pixar myself. Lately none of their movies have impressed me. WALL-E was mediocre and really, really boring. It just draggggggggggggged so much.
Whaaa? :?:
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Any word on who'll be providing the voice for the wiener dog now that Jim Varney has passed away?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Whaaa?
Yeah. I was really excited to see the movie and it started off well, but once they got to the human ship it went on an express train to snoooooooze-ville. The middle of the movie just went on and on and on and on - so much so that my friend walked out and went to the bathroom and was away for a good 10 minutes (if not more) - she was bored enough with the movie that she was comfortable doing that, and I had absolutely nothing to say about what she had missed when she got back. Becuase she really hadn't missed much of anything.

After that it never recovered in my eyes, even though it was exciting again near the end.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:Any word on who'll be providing the voice for the wiener dog now that Jim Varney has passed away?
Aww man, I forgot about that. I miss Ernest. :(
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh