Yo, I got scorpions.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Yo, I got scorpions.

Post by Chardok »

Apparently bad. since moving in last saturday, I found one dead in the living room, alive in a closet (Now dead), one skittering out of the garag (Now dead), and I guess Ezio killed one while I was at work today cause...yeah, it was dead when we found it.

Anyway - I don't fucking hablar with some arachnids, so I need a way TO MERCILESSLY ERADICATE THEM. I will say this - it's a new subdivision, and I live in texas - so I know that complete elimination is probably not possible - but I'm all about EXTREME discouragement. We have funnel-web type spiders around the outside of the house and I was HOPING that they would...you know...predatorize the damned things but clearly I need to rain pure hellfire in order to get rid of them.

Background: We gots us pillbugs. Lots of them. They stay outside, but I suspect the scorpions are feeding on the near endless supply of them and getting bolder. Perhaps coming in the house looking for more.

Please help, por favor.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Yo, I got scorpions.

Post by General Zod »

Contact a professional.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Contact a professional.

Failing that, move out, with or without literally raining hellfire on the building in order to be sure none of them survive.

Move somewhere cold. Very, very cold. Scorpions don't like the cold.
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.
spartasman
Padawan Learner
Location: Parachuting with murderers into the Hollywood Hills

Post by spartasman »

Get an exterminator?

Get a BIGGER scorpion to fight the rest to the death?

Travel to the land of the Scorpion King, and there doth challenge him?

But seriously, call an exterminator.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Samuel Clemens
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

So, not being satisfied with fucking you over on the paperwork, then fucking you over again, and again... they built the house in the wrong place. And now you've got a plague of scorpions.

Man. Let this be a lesson to me. Never buy a house, if I do buy a house make sure it's a house that already exists, and try to cover as many angles as humanly possible in advance.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Stomp on a few and leave their corpses where the others can see them.

They'll start toeing the line...
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Burn the house down, collect the insurance money and move to where there ain't any scorpions. Actually don't do that, at least not until things are so bad that you're ready to slit your wrists or go on a shooting rampage.

Get an exterminator and bill it to your lawsuit against the homebuilder and bank. Don't forget to claim stress, psychological harm, and the associated income & medical costs.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

General Zod wrote:Contact a professional.

Fuck off. Give me an internet toughguy/mom's homescorpion remedy at least. This IS the internet, after all.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

The Spartan wrote:Stomp on a few and leave their corpses where the others can see them.

They'll start toeing the line...

Funny thing is - I TOTALLY did that to the one in the garage. I smashed him with a beer bottle, then skewered him on a toothpick and stuck it in the ground outside. I smell defiance - and I don't like that smell.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Make a kabab out of them like Les Stroud the Survivorman.

Caution: Remove poisonous parts if any of the scorpion.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Soontir C'boath wrote:Make a kabab out of them like Les Stroud the Survivorman.
Exactly! And look on the bright side, when the 2012 Zombie Apocalypse takes place you'll have a home grown source of food & protein! Home grown, I crack myself up some days.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Chardok wrote:

Fuck off. Give me an internet toughguy/mom's homescorpion remedy at least. This IS the internet, after all.
Have you considered a DIY flamethrower?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

J wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:Make a kabab out of them like Les Stroud the Survivorman.
Exactly! And look on the bright side, when the 2012 Zombie Apocalypse takes place you'll have a home grown source of food & protein! Home grown, I crack myself up some days.

:finger:

:lol:
erik_t
Jedi Master

Post by erik_t »

Just go around the house every night or two with a black light and a can of death-spray (or a shoe). This rapidly diminishes the population, and it's kind of fun. That's how we dealt with them in Phoenix.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

If you haven't got any pets then I suggest putting down poison; there's bound to be somewhere that'll sell the right stuff.

Although personally I wouldn't mind as long as the scorpions aren't dangerously venomous and are eating the rest of the bugs. Think of them as really badass spiders.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

Zaune wrote:If you haven't got any pets then I suggest putting down poison; there's bound to be somewhere that'll sell the right stuff.

Although personally I wouldn't mind as long as the scorpions aren't dangerously venomous and are eating the rest of the bugs. Think of them as really badass spiders.

Hate spiders. Have cats. At least one is a scorpion-killer. And again - I don't El-jive-o with arachnids, brah.
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

Step 1: Look up a critter that eats scorpions and import a supply of them.
Step 2: Wait.
Step 3: When/if the new predator population booms out of control find what eats them and import it.
Step 4: Repeat above steps as needed.

I believe this is the basic plot of an episode of The Simpsons. If it worked for Springfield surely it'll work for you too, especially since it wasn't one of Homer's ideas.
Chardok

Post by Chardok »

I'm actually going to get one of those UVLED flashlights and go hunting at night. Also - I'll be importing something what eats pillbugs that isn't a scorpion.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Chardok wrote:
Nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Scorpions like to have concealment; what is the yard like? Get rid of anything near the house a scorpion might hide under or around. Get more scorpion eating cats if possible. They also make poison sprays specifically for scorpion repulsion and annihilation you can use around the perimeter of the structure.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Chardok wrote:Fuck off. Give me an internet toughguy/mom's homescorpion remedy at least. This IS the internet, after all.
Ok then, just drown everything outside in Malathion. Go to your local Home Depot or garden supply store and buy a couple gallons of Malathion concentrate. Mix it to spec and pour it all over everything outside your home.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Get large spiders (tarantulas), more cats and/or chicken.

Do not get them together.

Or, just call an exterminator.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

If you're going to do-it-yourself with poisons, make sure not to sicken Ezio along with the scorpions. You gotta keep your arachnid assassinating kitty healthy.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Wing Commander MAD wrote:Step 1: Look up a critter that eats scorpions and import a supply of them.
Step 2: Wait.
Step 3: When/if the new predator population booms out of control find what eats them and import it.
Step 4: Repeat above steps as needed.

I believe this is the basic plot of an episode of The Simpsons. If it worked for Springfield surely it'll work for you too, especially since it wasn't one of Homer's ideas.
If you keep doing this long enough you'll end up with, say, a single alligator which can be easily removed.
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

Sriad wrote:If you keep doing this long enough you'll end up with, say, a single alligator which can be easily removed.
That really depends on how big and how mean said alligator is.