NFL Season 2010. 'Bout GOD DAMNED TIME!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL Season 2010. 'Bout GOD DAMNED TIME!

Post by Elfdart »

Master of Ossus wrote:I'm so glad to see that Alex Smith has really matured since last year. He only threw two picks (one of which was his fault), but two more of his throws could easily have been intercepted where a Seattle DB dropped the ball. He also left at least two TD's on the field when he missed wide-open throws that would have scored, including one on a fourth-down play early in the game that would've completely changed the complexion of the game. Looks like we're in for another season without the playoffs.
Why is he throwing it 45 times? Gore should get 20-25 carries a game minimum.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Guardsman Bass wrote:Good job.

The Eagles seem to have had a pretty good comeback with Vick, although they threw that all away when they decided to do a shotgun offense on a 4th & 1, then run it up the middle anyways.
That was pretty retarded. On the other hand, the Eagles did look rather spiffy in their throwback uniforms.
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

Giants did what they needed to, and got a little bit of revenge for that disgrace against the Panthers next year.

Meanwhile, let's all laugh at the Cowboys for that ridiculous final play of the first half.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Re: this Skins/Boys game.

LOL whut?
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I'm enjoying it (and I like how the Redskins' uniforms look). It would be nice if McNabb could actually get some decent blocking from his OL from now on, though.

EDIT: 'Skins win! The Cowboys got the touchdown, but only after one of their guys fucked up royally and completely wrapped up a defender.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

I didn't think that this game could any better...AND IT DID. I truly enjoyed seeing that happen to my least favorite NFL team.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Guardsman Bass wrote:I'm enjoying it (and I like how the Redskins' uniforms look). It would be nice if McNabb could actually get some decent blocking from his OL from now on, though.
Those look like the 1970s uniforms.
EDIT: 'Skins win! The Cowboys got the touchdown, but only after one of their guys fucked up royally and completely wrapped up a defender.
That was pure Hulkamania, brother! :lol:

weemadando wrote:Re: this Skins/Boys game.

LOL whut?
You're insatiable. :P

CarsonPalmer wrote:Giants did what they needed to, and got a little bit of revenge for that disgrace against the Panthers next year.

Meanwhile, let's all laugh at the Cowboys for that ridiculous final play of the first half.
That was the dumbest thing I've seen all weekend. No, I'm not just counting football. Of course Shanahan screwed the pooch by being greedy and taking points off the board and were it not for Alex Barron's pro wrestling choke-hold on Orakpo it would have cost the Redskins the game.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

LMSx wrote:R-E-S-P-E-C-T baby. Well timed bandwagon!

From the box score it sounds like that Miami game last year where they just ran and ran and ran and never gave the Colts the ball back. Except this time the Colts couldn't pull something out- and there was no fumblerooski like some other late Texans 4th quarter leads.
To be honest, I was worried coming into the season, but if Foster can keep up his production in such a way as to produce these kind of numbers or open up our other threats like Andre Johnson or Owen Daniels and our defense can continue playing well enough to shut down the Colts, then I feel good about our chances for a playoff game or two.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Here's the fuckup in all its glory:

What exactly did they think they were going to accomplish from their own 36 with four seconds left in the half?
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

DF Notes:

Winner of KC/San Diego gets sole posession of first place right off the bat, that would be a helluva way to start the season for either team.

Raider Nation remains a third world country, this season isn't that much different from any others the last 20-30 years.

Did anything go Havok's way yesterday?

Any player holding out this season is running the risk of not getting paid for two straight years with a lockout looming. Stop being tards and play some fucking ball!

Rashard Mendenhall baby!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Darth Fanboy wrote: Rashard Mendenhall baby!
That was an excellent way to finish OT. :)

Did anyone else bother to watch even part of the Rams-Cardinals game?

I thought that Bradford looked pretty good. I thought the Cardinals defense looked pretty good, at least I felt better about them than I have over the previous couple of years when they tended to fall apart and get burned badly at times.

The Derek Anderson experiment might work out but it looked pretty rough yesterday. Maybe when Fitzgerald is closer to 100% but right now it's pretty scary, and not it a good way.

Both teams threw the ball a lot yesterday. IMO they both should have run the ball a lot more. Stephen Jackson did pretty well against the Cards when given the chance, and the Cardinals had one drive for a touchdown that was made up of 5 running plays and nothing else. I didn't watch all of the game so I missed the multiple fumbles by Hightower so maybe that's why they backed off of running but when I was watching they did that so much better than they did the passing.

A weird thing I noticed during the game was that there sure were a lot of players losing their helmets during plays. They were coming off even with the chin strap still fastened and intact. I may be mistaken but I thought Hightower lost his helmet multiple times. To me, it looks like people are letting their fancy hairdos get in the way of having a properly fitted helmet, but I could be wrong.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Tsyroc wrote: Did anyone else bother to watch even part of the Rams-Cardinals game?
They played?

Phhhbbttt, I hope Bradford's career takes a Leinart-esque swing.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

So let's review:

Starting quarterback, concussion, and that may have been a mercy killing.
Starting middle linebacker, concussion.
Starting center, torn right triceps, out for the year.
Starting fullback, ACL tear, possibly career ending.

The O-line is a shambles, we have a quarterback controversy, Andy Reid's playcalling seems even weirder than usual, clock management was a disaster, and the whole team couldn't fart sideways without drawing a flag.

But the uniforms looked good. I'm thinking it might be time to go back to the kelly green.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Tsyroc wrote: Did anyone else bother to watch even part of the Rams-Cardinals game?
They played?

His might take awhile, but Mark Sanchez's abilities are embracing a JaMarcus Russell power curve.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Chiefs up 21-7 versus the Chargers, Christ. Someone should check on Elfdart.

EDIT: I'll retract that statement - the Chargers did a good job making the comeback, and they almost pulled it off at the end. Rivers was a beast in the 4th quarter, and so was the Chargers' offensive line.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Someone should check on Elfdart.

JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST!

Why in the fuck does Norv Turner keep calling that retarded handoff to the smallest back in football in the red zone? Is it some kind of grudge against me, personally? Or is he just being an asshole?

:banghead:

I can't wait for management to say the team didn't really need Vincent Jackson ("No, seriously folks!"). That ought to be fun. Just fuck the fans to the bones while you're at it, A.J.!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I'm in a tipping comp. One pick per week, and once you get three wrong picks, you're out. Also, each team can only be picked once.

May Oakland win this round, and thus confer unto me glory.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Elfdart wrote:
Someone should check on Elfdart.

JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST!

Why in the fuck does Norv Turner keep calling that retarded handoff to the smallest back in football in the red zone? Is it some kind of grudge against me, personally? Or is he just being an asshole?

:banghead:

I can't wait for management to say the team didn't really need Vincent Jackson ("No, seriously folks!"). That ought to be fun. Just fuck the fans to the bones while you're at it, A.J.!
A much better play to fucking call there -- I don't remember it all game, Norv uses it throughout the season though -- is an I-form stretch, play action to the right, where the whole team's flanking to the right and the TE squirts out from the right side of the line headed to the left. Gates was drawing doubles and even a triple all 2nd half so just split him out wide right and put Tolbert in the backfield; throw to a backup TE, both of ours can catch.

But no. :roll:
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

SPC Brungardt wrote:A much better play to fucking call there -- I don't remember it all game, Norv uses it throughout the season though -- is an I-form stretch, play action to the right, where the whole team's flanking to the right and the TE squirts out from the right side of the line headed to the left. Gates was drawing doubles and even a triple all 2nd half so just split him out wide right and put Tolbert in the backfield; throw to a backup TE, both of ours can catch.

But no. :roll:
If Gates is triple-teamed then someone should be wide open. I know Rivers missed Floyd on the end zone, and Floyd slipped on the last play, but if they hadn't wasted a down on that idiotic running play they would have had one more chance. That's why I was so pissed off about that retarded handoff to the scatback. Yes, it worked ONCE against the Raiders. Then again, punting on first down would work against the Raiders.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
They played?

Good question. I suppose it's open to interpretation. :)

I thought Bradford looked better in that one game than what I remember Leinart doing.

Bradford sure looks pretty scrawny though. I'm always surprised that QBs can get away with being built like that and still be able to play in the NFL.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Gandalf wrote:I'm in a tipping comp. One pick per week, and once you get three wrong picks, you're out. Also, each team can only be picked once.

May Oakland win this round, and thus confer unto me glory.
Hahahahahahaha

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Tsyroc wrote:

Good question. I suppose it's open to interpretation. :)

I thought Bradford looked better in that one game than what I remember Leinart doing.

Bradford sure looks pretty scrawny though. I'm always surprised that QBs can get away with being built like that and still be able to play in the NFL.
See how the season progresses, the Lambs couldn't outscore an Arizona team that lost two of its three best offensive players and has an average defense at best. They are very lucky to have a soft schedule for Bradford's sake. San Diego is the only 2009 playoff team they face until they play Arizona again in December. Smaller quarterbacks only survive when they are protected properly.

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Since when is a 6'4"/228# QB "small"?
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Gandalf wrote:May Oakland win this round, and thus confer unto me glory.
Hahahahahahaha
Be fair to Gands, they are playing the Rams.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Elfdart wrote:Since when is a 6'4"/228# QB "small"?
Probably not the right choice of words, but I was responding to Tsyroc's concerns about Bradford being scrawny. After the punishment he went through his senior year there are and should be legit concerns about how well he can take a hit.