Christchurch, NZ quake

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Christchurch, NZ quake

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Okay, I am getting really sick of these aftershocks, having my house shake and thump is beginning to piss me off. These are not minor vibrations either, the place shakes, including my monitor. Good thing every thing is secured or I would be cursing my stupidity as I clean up broken stuff..
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: Christchurch, NZ quake

Post by Phantasee »

Are you doing okay otherwise?
XXXI
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I've been in a few earthquakes, but nothing as powerful as the recent New Zealand one.

There are few things as unsettling as the solid, stable earth suddenly revealing itself to be motion. My sympathies. Try to keep breakables secured and yourself safe.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Phantasee wrote:Are you doing okay otherwise?
Yeah, just lacking sleep. Have to remember to boil water for at least one minute before it can be used, not all of the water bores have been assessed for contamination yet.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

--------------
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

Broomstick wrote:I've been in a few earthquakes, but nothing as powerful as the recent New Zealand one.

There are few things as unsettling as the solid, stable earth suddenly revealing itself to be motion. My sympathies. Try to keep breakables secured and yourself safe.
Thanks.
Fortunately I have a couple of bolt holes up north, the parents, if things go south as it were.

--------------
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Having been through the 1989 Loma Prieta quake here in California I can understand how unnerving the after shocks can be. Even now I hate the feeling of a strong quake.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
Stuart Mackey

Post by Stuart Mackey »

TrailerParkJawa wrote:Having been through the 1989 Loma Prieta quake here in California I can understand how unnerving the after shocks can be. Even now I hate the feeling of a strong quake.
I am not unnerved at all, even on the morning of the main event, its just annoying when you are trying to relax after work or trying to sleep.

--------------