What's your ringtone?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Dark Lord of the Bith
Youngling

Re: What's your ringtone?

Post by Dark Lord of the Bith »

My phone is usually on vibrate, but when it's not, the ring is the Metal Gear codec sound. It's close enough to a regular phone ring to most people and other fans tend to appreciate it. One of my friends had the "!" sound for text message alert, and the first time I heard it I instinctively glanced around for a hiding spot or cardboard box.
Bounty wrote:
Stofsk wrote:I set mine to an old bell telephone style ring.
Bounty wrote:Before that, the TOS intercom whistle. It's pretty good as a ringtone, actually; distinctive, not that annoying if your volume is at a sensible level, and people keep mistaking it for birdsong.
I would LOVE that. Where/how did you get it?
http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/s ... -trek/tos/

It's "Intercom" under "Enterprise".
The Tribble sound on that page would be an awesome ring too.
Urgo: I want to live! I want to experience the universe! I want to eat pie!
Col O'Neill: Who doesn't?
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

SiegeTank wrote:"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei has been my ringtone for the last three phones I've owned.

I use that one as well.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Themightytom wrote:My default ring is chewbacca roaring
My youngest brother is Superman theme song
My second youngest is Indiana Jones
My sister is a bunch of cats meowing, my oldest brother is Lord Of the Rings walking past a mountain song
My mom is the benny hill theme
my dad is the imperial march
my friend sarah is thriller
work is the A team theme
voicemail is knight rider.
:lol: Nice collection. A-Team for work is a nice touch. :D Also, that certainly says something about how you view your parents. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Knife wrote:
SiegeTank wrote:"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei has been my ringtone for the last three phones I've owned.
I use that one as well.
I approve, guys. That said, I don't use anything special. For a while now I've wanted to set my message tone to the Newtype flash noise from Mobile Suit Gundam, but I can't connect my phone to my computer (no cable).
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

My phone ringtone is the music from the TOS episode Amok Time from when Kirk and Spock were fighting with giant bladed Q Tips.

My text message alert is Worf saying "Captain, Incoming Message."
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I never had a cellphone before I needed one for work, so mine plays Takin' Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Tiriol
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tiriol »

My current ringtone is (and has been for some months now) Beethoven's Für Elise.
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti; beatae Mariae semper Virgini; beato Michaeli Archangelo; sanctis Apostolis, omnibus sanctis... Tibit Pater, quia peccavi nimis, cogitatione, verbo et opere, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! Kyrie Eleison!

The Imperial Senate (defunct) * Knights Astrum Clades * The Mess
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I use vibrate because my phone didn't let me do what I really wanted: a sequence of beeps.
You can always make a .wav with two beeps and ten minutes of silence. Unless whoever's calling you hangs around for ten minutes waiting for you to pick up it won't repeat.
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Baba O Rielly - the synthesiser bit at the start really makes for a good ringtone. It's got to the point now that if I hear the song being played somewhere, I automatically reach for my phone!
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

I have numerous Bruce Campbell quotes for my SMS, Voice Mail, Email, and Ringtone.

Hail to the king baby.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Generally, my phone is on vibrate; that's easier than remembering to turn it off of "ring" when I'm in a movie theater, class, etc. When it's not, it's just a typical ring. The only exception was during election season, when my ringtone was this.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Karza
Jedi Knight

Post by Karza »

The Sonic 1 Scrap Brain Zone (awesome level name :D ) music as ringtone, MGS codec beep as text message sound.
"Death before dishonour" they say, but how much dishonour are we talking about exactly? I mean, I can handle a lot. I could fellate a smurf if the alternative was death.
- Dylan Moran
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I usually alternate between the Doctor Who theme (Tom Baker's naturally) and This song
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

I currently use Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

Mine is almost always on vibrate, but my default ringer is FSOS by the Exies. For personalized ringtones I just tell people to pick one since I'm able to actually make the ringtones instead of paying $3 for a 15 second clip of a song.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

My father adored the "Hall of the Mountain King" theme from Peer Gynt.

It came packaged with the phone as a midi.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Bounty wrote:
I use vibrate because my phone didn't let me do what I really wanted: a sequence of beeps.
You can always make a .wav with two beeps and ten minutes of silence. Unless whoever's calling you hangs around for ten minutes waiting for you to pick up it won't repeat.
10 minutes is excessive. If he's got voicemail set to 4 rings before it picks up, he'll need 21-22 seconds, max. That's why most ringers are 30 seconds.

I use the Motorola "Ding" for my text messages, because it's probably the best tone ever for messages. I've been meaning to experiment with different tones, though. Sometimes even the Ding is a little annoying.

For calls, I switch it up all the time. I've got "So Much Pain" by Ja Rule ft 2Pac, specifically the start of 2Pac's verse (the third verse). It's a cleaner version than 2Pac's original, "Pain", which I can't find anywhere anyway (my copy of the song is ripped from a YouTube video). The other choices are a clip from Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby", specifically the part about him going solo, rollin' in his 5.0 with the ragtop down so his hair can blow, the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers theme, the chorus from Rihanna's Disturbia (Throw on your brake lights/We're in the city of wonder), or the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme.

All of them are awesome, but I have the smart button on the side set to open up the ring style menu, so I can switch it to vibrate with two button pushes. No need to worry about being interrupted in class! Although I tend to forget to turn the ringer back on after, and occasionally miss calls.
XXXI
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I use the Ranz des Vaches section from the William Tell Overture.
I find it soothing and it reminds me of the carefree days of my youth filled with Bugs Bunny cartoons.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker