Cartoons in general

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Scottiemb1
Redshirt

Cartoons in general

Post by Scottiemb1 »

This is to the people who love all cartoons!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Simpsons is the greatest cartoon show ever. Even the classics can't stand up to its sheer hilarity and consistent quality.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Have to say that as Corny as it sounds I LOVED the old GI Joes and Transformers cartoons on TV. School would be over. Gi JOE at 3:30, transformers at 4:00 and I had an entire hour of watching what in my innocent mind was high art in action. I thought the JOes were well written and exciting, I realized even then that some of teh stuff was corny but you have to LOVE Destro. As for transformers, that was like Shakespeare....you had the AWESOME Optimus Prime and that voice!! He had a leader's voice! Then there was the nefarious Megatron, his own voice was the eptimoe of evil and I always loved that uber cannon of his. Then there were other favs like Starscream, the utimate Villain's henchman with Cobra Commander's voice and a penchant for getting into trouble with Megatron.

I look on them now with a slightly jaundiced eye, teh art doesn't look near as good as I remember but damn, it still makes me happy to see them when I can catch them. :D
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Scottiemb1
Redshirt

Simpsons

Post by Scottiemb1 »

true the simpsons kick ass they should be on more!
Scottiemb1
Redshirt

Post by Scottiemb1 »

Stravo wrote:Have to say that as Corny as it sounds I LOVED the old GI Joes and Transformers cartoons on TV. School would be over. Gi JOE at 3:30, transformers at 4:00 and I had an entire hour of watching what in my innocent mind was high art in action. I thought the Joes were well written and exciting, I realized even then that some of teh stuff was corny but you have to LOVE Destro. As for transformers, that was like Shakespeare....you had the AWESOME Optimus Prime and that voice!! He had a leader's voice! Then there was the nefarious Megatron, his own voice was the eptimoe of evil and I always loved that uber cannon of his. Then there were other favs like Starscream, the utimate Villain's henchman with Cobra Commander's voice and a penchant for getting into trouble with Megatron.

I look on them now with a slightly jaundiced eye, teh art doesn't look near as good as I remember but damn, it still makes me happy to see them when I can catch them. :D
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Stravo...will you ever stop amazing me?...first you create a kick-ass fan-fic. Now I discover you like the two best shows ever! You rule dude.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Captain_Cyran wrote:Stravo...will you ever stop amazing me?...first you create a kick-ass fan-fic. Now I discover you like the two best shows ever! You rule dude.
They have never been equalled or surpassed in my opinion. I bought the season 1 DVD of transformers and watch it every once in awhile but no news of a GI Joe DVD...SIGH...just to see that hot piece of ass baroness and teh Destro romance...Snake Eyes....the super weapon that ALWAYS manages to break into three peices around the globe....

If cartoons were more like that then maybe our society wouldn;t have degenerated so.... :wink:
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm going to blow up the earth because it obstructs my view of Venus

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm going to blow up the earth because it obstructs my view of Venus

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Sienthal
Padawan Learner

Argh!

Post by Sienthal »

*Cough* I was a bit of a Super Mario Bros. fan. It was even better in the later episodes.

I also enjoyed Garfield.
Welcome to the Divine Empire of Ashcroft:
-Hey, you! Sending e-mail, eh?Say Cheese!
-What I say here is forever being recorded. Wonderful, isn't it?
-Jack Chick develops the most disturbing Chick tract to date. It may be viewed here: MIGHTY MORPHIN' SATAN RANGERS! GO!
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

Simpsons is one of the best cartoon's ever.

Remember some of these shows for better or worse?

Robotech
Mighty Orbots
Galaxy Rangers
Dungeons & Dragons
Thundar the Barbarian
He Man
Thunder Cats
The Littles
THe Baby Muppets
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Cartoon faves of an animator

Post by Majin Gojira »

Well, I thought my first post should be here, being an animator in training and all.

So, the best Cartoons, eh?

Well, I'm a sucker for the old Tex Avery cartoons. All of them were classics.

The 1992 "Batman: the Animated Series", Intelegent to older viewers. Their's a reason it won so many Emmys.

"Invader Zim", Excelent cartoon, only thing on Nickelodean worth watching. From the Creator of "Squee" and "Johnny: the Homicidal Maniac". It pokes fun at paranormal investigations in several episodes. Aside from which, where else can you hear the line: "Your not a freak! You're Just Stupid!"

"Gargoyels" - Disney doing Darkness...suprisingly well.

"Dexter's Lab" - Until it got revived later on. DAIL M FOR MONKEY!!!

"Samurai Jack" - Stylized beyond recognition

"The Simpsons" - Longest Running Animated Series EVER.

"Johnny Quest" - It's like a B-movie compressed into it's most coherent form. Side Note: Going to School with me is someone who has written a script for a JQ movie - which is actually going to be produced by a major film company! :D

"South Park" - 'Though he might start seeing little Christina Aguilera Monsters'

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

DANGERMOUSE!
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

I got hooked on superhero cartoons last year.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ahh yes Samurai Jack I remeber watching the first epsode of that seeing the Intro and think(Gahh crap, the music is VERY annoying at first. did not help a friend of mine got it stuck in our heads repeating it over and over agian on a trip, could not doing anything cause he was driving to and hitting the driver is a baaad thing)

Yes it is a very intresting show and the amount of Japanishe styling the get into every episode is very good

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Mr Bean wrote:Ahh yes Samurai Jack I remeber watching the first epsode of that seeing the Intro and think(Gahh crap, the music is VERY annoying at first. did not help a friend of mine got it stuck in our heads repeating it over and over agian on a trip, could not doing anything cause he was driving to and hitting the driver is a baaad thing)

Yes it is a very intresting show and the amount of Japanishe styling the get into every episode is very good
I just saw the ep where he fights a lava warrior with Phil LaMarr's voice (Vamp out of Metal Gear Solid 2).

Genndy Tartakofsky (sp?) makes good cartoons.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Samurai Jack is awesome
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator