The Hitcher...

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

JLTucker
BANNED

The Hitcher...

Post by JLTucker »

In the spirit of this movie, which will probably suck, I present to you audio of a bit that was aired on my local radio station's Morning Show. Here is the scoop: an employee of the Morning Show, known as Seabass, was sent out to hitchhike and ask questions that would make the driver uncomfortable. However, what Seabass does not know is that the driver was a hired by the Morning Show crew and will be making comments in response to the questions that will make Seabass extremely uncomfortable. Hilarity ensues.

http://cumuluspodcasting.com/media/WNNX ... itcher.mp3
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Its supposed to be a remake of the original, but all but copies the 2003 sequel.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Studio executives, producers, directors, and writers who sign on for re-make projects should ALL end up on the street sucking cock for latte money.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

*putters around IMDb for a minute*

So wait, they make a DTV sequel of a movie from 1986 in 2003, and then three years later go ahead and do a theatrical remake of the original?

Whatever...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

They must think we've got short attention spans.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:*putters around IMDb for a minute*

So wait, they make a DTV sequel of a movie from 1986 in 2003, and then three years later go ahead and do a theatrical remake of the original?

Whatever...
Its actually a mix of the two, they just added more of the sequel to the mixture. In the first movie, C. Thomas Howell was the protagonist. He was in the sequel, but his character was killed part way through and his girlfriend became the sole protagonist. The scene shown frequently in the commercials for the remake, the one with the guy chained to two semi-trucks was in the original, but it was a girl (CTH's girlfriend in the film) and the girl in the remake is in the same position as CTH.

Of course, the villain in the sequel wasn't the Ryder character from the first. C. Thomas Howell made damn sure of that. :wink:

Not even Sean Bean's awesomeness can save this movie.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

LadyTevar wrote:They must think we've got short attention spans.
Actually that is not tru..................... OH LOOK! A SHINY PENNY!! *runs off*

Good thing I do not plan to see that movie.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Enigma wrote:Good thing I do not plan to see that movie.
Man, I'm on the level where I don't even have plans not to see it. It's literally a nothing on my radar.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Enigma wrote:Good thing I do not plan to see that movie.
Man, I'm on the level where I don't even have plans not to see it. It's literally a nothing on my radar.
Oh yeah! uhhhh well I don't even have a radar! So there. :P
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I would have thought that the celluloid rape of The Wicker Man would have taught studio suits a lesson. Nobody wants to see remakes of cult classics. If they liked the original, they'll watch the original at home, where a Dr. Pepper and popcorn won't cost ten bucks. Who in his or her right mind wants to spend $40 and up to watch a remake?

I am somewhat amused to see that Sean Bean has gone from copying Rutger Hauer's career to actually copying his movies. Sean Bean, you are no Rutger Hauer!
:lol:
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Elfdart wrote:I would have thought that the celluloid rape of The Wicker Man would have taught studio suits a lesson.
No way man, there's always been remakes, and there always will be remakes.

Remakes are part of what helped build Hollywood. ;)

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

It's one thing to take a silent movie and re-shoot it with sound, but what does modern filmmaking have to offer low-budget thrillers? The Hitcher was perfect the way it was, ditto for The Wicker Man. The low-budget look and feel is part of the charm of both movies.

If the studios want to remake something, why don't they remake some of the more recent movies that sucked? They could even reassemble the cast and crew and be told to do it right.
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Elfdart wrote:Who in his or her right mind wants to spend $40 and up to watch a remake?
What!! $40
What the hell do you buy to make going to see a movie cost that much?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Lost Soal wrote:
Elfdart wrote:Who in his or her right mind wants to spend $40 and up to watch a remake?
What!! $40
I think he means with popcorn and drinks... but even with those, unless you're going with a large group and paying for everybody, I doubt it would be *that* much...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Has anyone got a clip of the gory death scene from the original? I've heard about it but never seen it.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Lost Soal wrote:
What!! $40
I usually take a date with me.
:roll:

So:

2 tickets ($8 each)
2 drinks (size doesn't matter: there's a 25 cent difference -$7-8 )
1 large popcorn (we split it, again size doesn't matter -$4-5)
1 candy bar ($3)

So when we go to the movies, it's at least $30

And that's before you add in things like parking. Last time we went to dinner and a movie, the movie was more expensive than the restaurant (we went to a chain steakhouse) -around $35-40.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Elheru Aran wrote:
I think he means with popcorn and drinks... but even with those, unless you're going with a large group and paying for everybody, I doubt it would be *that* much...
Dude, I just went and saw Children of Men yesterday. The ticket cost me $6.75, while a large soda, popcorn and a box of Milk Duds (mmm...) cost exactly 13 bucks. In other words, Elfdart and his date should go dutch next time. You only pay for her when you want some action later on. :wink:
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Elfdart wrote:Sean Bean, you are no Rutger Hauer!
Seconded. I realize his career seems to be taking off (in terms of quantity if not necessarily quality these past few years, but in terms of homicidal sinister-ness he has a long way to go before reaching the level of Hauer, Christopher Walken, or Jack Palance.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Jason von Evil wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:
Dude, I just went and saw Children of Men yesterday. The ticket cost me $6.75, while a large soda, popcorn and a box of Milk Duds (mmm...) cost exactly 13 bucks. In other words, Elfdart and his date should go dutch next time. You only pay for her when you want some action later on. :wink:
We're sorta kinda shacked up, actually. So action isn't the reason. I pay because I'm the man. Yes, that sounds stupid but I didn't invent gender roles, now did I?
:P

As far as Sean Bean is concerned, I thought he was cool as hell as Richard Sharpe, but he's a whisker away from being the mentor figure in one godawful Sci-Fi Network movie after another. Rutger Hauer spent twenty years doing that kind of thing and only recently got to step out of it in Sin City.