OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

A new day begins (24!) (spoilers)

Post by Jason von Evil »

Yeehaw, 24s back!

I always knew there was something fishy about Doctor Bashir. :wink:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
SeeingRed
Padawan Learner

Post by SeeingRed »

Indeed it is, with a season that is supposedly "so good, it's scary". With Jack sporting an all-new reason for "indifference" and showing his humanity, it has all the makings of a fine television serial. Here's hoping that we won't see a repeat of the "season five lull" after the premiere episodes!
"Though so different in style, two writers have offered us an image for the next millennium: Joyce and Borges. The first designed with words what the second designed with ideas: the original, the one and only World Wide Web. The Real Thing. The rest will remain simply virtual." --Umberto Eco
Galiv
Youngling

Post by Galiv »

I saw a preview of the first 4 episodes last week and all I could think at the end of hour four was DAMN, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED. Excellent start to the season. Hopefully they can keep it up for the remaining 20 hours.

Jack is going to maim, torture and kill his way to new heights this season.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Kumar!!! I wonder if him and Bauer and Boothe Powers will go to White Castle? :D
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

If this is a spoiler thread, why are there small fonts in use?

Is Jack going to resort to tortue and manhandling as much this season given his own experiences in China?

And do the Chinese actually think that the American agents killed that diplomat in LA last season? Considering that testing should have shown he was shot in the back by one of the guards' guns, is the only reason they grabbed him because Jack was the leader of the group that broke into the embassy? Or was that just an excuse?
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

neoolong wrote:If this is a spoiler thread, why are there small fonts in use?
Common courtesy? :P

Holy fuck, the Chinese turned Jack into a motherfucking vampire! :shock:
SeeingRed
Padawan Learner

Post by SeeingRed »

neoolong wrote:Is Jack going to resort to tortue and manhandling as much this season given his own experiences in China?
If the first few episodes are any indication, then the answer is yes. Though in his first attempt this season, he doesn't go far enough and fails to get the information he desired (his partner ends up doing it for him), leaving him to say, "i don't remember how to do this anymore".
"Though so different in style, two writers have offered us an image for the next millennium: Joyce and Borges. The first designed with words what the second designed with ideas: the original, the one and only World Wide Web. The Real Thing. The rest will remain simply virtual." --Umberto Eco
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Oh geez, right up the knee cap. :shock:
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I love Alexander Siddig as Jack's "partner". They actually work well together.

Er, shit. Removed some nasty spoilers since everyone's still watching.
neoolong wrote:And do the Chinese actually think that the American agents killed that diplomat in LA last season? Considering that testing should have shown he was shot in the back by one of the guards' guns, is the only reason they grabbed him because Jack was the leader of the group that broke into the embassy? Or was that just an excuse?
Well I don't think they were thrilled that American agents broke into their embassy and removed a citizen from their soil at all. But their insistence that Jack was responsible for their diplomat's death is probably just an excuse for negotiations.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Wait until tommorrow nights episodes!
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Oh Kumar, how could you turn on Harold so?

Damn, that first hour went through fast. I wonder what it would be like if Day 6 had really shook things up and had been about Jack breaking out of China on his own and trying to get out of the country.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

neoolong wrote:I wonder what it would be like if Day 6 had really shook things up and had been about Jack breaking out of China on his own and trying to get out of the country.
An escape in China would be awesome. But it would have precluded the great way the writers tied in Jack's release with the terrorist bombings.
Sig by JME2
Cincinnatus
Youngling

Post by Cincinnatus »

Man, I can't believe Kal Penn is evil. I hope they give him a change of heart or something.

I was betting Bauer hid the razor he used to shave his prison beard up his butt or something, but they managed to come up with something even more ridiculous for him to get away from the evil terrorist.
SeeingRed
Padawan Learner

Post by SeeingRed »

[quote=Cincinnatus]Man, I can't believe Kal Penn is evil. I hope they give him a change of heart or something.[/quote]

I personally still find it impossible to take him seriously, what with his past affiliations of the "Harold and Kumar" and "Van Wllder" type.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Its gotta suck being an Indian American actor in this country. You're automatically cast as Arab terrorists in shows and movies. :P
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

JACK JUST FUCKING SHOT AND KILLED CURTIS! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Beaten to the post! FUUUUUUCK what did he...
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Someone them up the bomb...and DETONATED IT! :shock:
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

fuck me sideways.... :shock:
CelesKnight
Padawan Learner

Post by CelesKnight »

I wish I could write something like "holy shit! did they just do that!!!", but unfortunately I already heard what was going to happen (both the nuke and the shooting of Curtis) from asshats who like to spoil things. :x Fuckers.
ASVS Class of 1997
BotM / HAB / KAC
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Shit. And I thought they gave us a cruel hit at the start of last season. But Jack killing Crutis immediately followed by a Nuke going off in LA.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

so yea....as i was watching that episode near the end i was sitting there thinking "shit there is way too much closure way too fast..."

and then shit happened...
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

This is the second time a nuke has gone off on this show. The first was in season two.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

JLTucker wrote:This is the second time a nuke has gone off on this show. The first was in season two.
But this was the first time in the show's entire run that terrorists successfully detonated a nuclear bomb, inside city limits no less. Like the writers have said themselves, the focus of this season will be on dealing with the aftermath of a major attack, as opposed to preventing one. We can only hope that Day 6 avoids the mid-season lull that plagued Seasons 4 and 5.
Sig by JME2
Mr. T
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. T »

I think I've been watching too long. As soon as Curtis drew his weapon on Bashir (forgot his name) I knew Jack would shoot him.

The bomb going off was a surpise though.

I hope Siddig is featured more througout the season, great actor and character. I agree about not being able to take Kal Penn too seriously, which is unfortunate as I think he's a pretty good actor, just not suited to the show. I half expected him to go "I have come to American to learn the ancient art of muff diving !"
"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? "
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pity the fool!"
- The one, the only, Mr. T :)