FY 2007 SD.net Spending Bill

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Voting against the bill and the war effort is treason!

Poll ended at 2006-01-03 03:42pm

I agree
18%
More money for the war!
55%
I don't need my arms or legs, take them!
27%

Total votes: 11

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

FY 2007 SD.net Spending Bill

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The Great Leader proposes spending bill no.1 be made binding public law without prior review, reading of the bill or any other reactionary anti populist nonsense. The Great Leader also vehemently denies claims that this spending bill would divert all money, natural resources and ‘mobile biological bullet absorption’ resources to HAB use.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Since I'm still an honorary memeber of the HAB I'm all for spending increases to giant weapons of extreme landscape adjustment.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Re: FY 2007 SD.net Spending Bill

Post by Rob Wilson »

How big are the kickbacks? If I'm voting for something I want to be recompensed for the wear and tear of button pushing!
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Over at the monkey pit we are under treaty obligation not to have an offensive army, however we do proform "intellegence opertations."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I deny with extreme violence until someone makes a few mandatory donations to the Black Mage Retirement Fund.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

SirNitram wrote:I deny with extreme violence until someone makes a few mandatory donations to the Black Mage Retirement Fund.
Say it with me "Kiiiick Baaaaackssss", the grease that makes the wheels of government go round (well that and the blood and ground up bones of those that oppose us obviously). 8)
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Rob Wilson wrote:
SirNitram wrote:I deny with extreme violence until someone makes a few mandatory donations to the Black Mage Retirement Fund.
Say it with me "Kiiiick Baaaaackssss", the grease that makes the wheels of government go round (well that and the blood and ground up bones of those that oppose us obviously). 8)
Better yet we simply agree to donate massive amounts of money only after one of the Black Mages acutaly manage to reach the retirment age of one hundred and twenty... or the undead/lich retirment age of one hundred twenty billion.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Mr Bean wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
Better yet we simply agree to donate massive amounts of money only after one of the Black Mages acutaly manage to reach the retirment age of one hundred and twenty... or the undead/lich retirment age of one hundred twenty billion.
The last Black Mage Council voted our retirement age to 21 years of age, Earth Standard. Now make with the money.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

SirNitram wrote: The last Black Mage Council voted our retirement age to 21 years of age, Earth Standard. Now make with the money.
The Floor recognises the Representative for Cybertron and the Black Mages "Coooeee", and says that his position is that of a poohead... that smells of poo.

If the Governor does not toe the line his Kickbacks will be given to a Good cause, such as the Fighter Free Clinic, or the Home for Sword-chuck Instructors.

Now accept the bribe like a proper politician. :P

Image Image
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Connor MacLeod wrote:*organizes protests*
*digs up Blackmail information on Connor*
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

*loads the Police Water Cannons with super-chilled Brine and authorises the use of adamsite*

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Chris OFarrell wrote:
*digs up Blackmail information on Connor*
*Makes up blackmail Information on Connor*

When dealing with a political dissident, why mess around? :twisted:

Image Image
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

*detonates bomb buried under blackmail information b uilding, putting Chris and Rob in the hospital*

This esteemed Senator from Lantia and the Chancellor have had an... accident, and they will be temporarily out of contact with the remains of the Senate.

Besides, whose going to foot the tax bill for all this increased spending? :P
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Rob Wilson wrote:How big are the kickbacks? If I'm voting for something I want to be recompensed for the wear and tear of button pushing!
You will receive a fine dacha overlooking the Volga, and use of a state automobile with driver. All coin and paper money is being recycled FOR THE WAR EFFORT!
*Attempted pro mecha sympathizer uprising is crushed by HAB killdozers*
Connor MacLeod wrote: Besides, whose going to foot the tax bill for all this increased spending? :P
HAB has already abolished money within its own domain, as it was found that the concept of ‘currency’ brought with it the need to have a ‘war budget’ which in turn was nothing more then an insidious mecha attempt to limit the propitiation of HAB armaments! The Great Leader thus proposes that once all SD.net money has been spent, then that currency shall also be abolished in favor of the uncontrolled allocation of resources to the war plants.

The Great Leader however assures the population that their will be no slave drives (only mandatory volunteering) and ample resources will remain to meet all such minor 'standard of living' requirments as food and clothing.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Connor MacLeod wrote:*detonates bomb buried under blackmail information b uilding, putting Chris and Rob in the hospital*
I'm a Chancellor and he's a Senator, why would we go to the building when we have lackey's to do it for us? :P
Connor MacLeod wrote:This esteemed Senator from Lantia and the Chancellor have had an... accident, and they will be temporarily out of contact with the remains of the Senate.
Starting the misinformation campiagn already are we mr so-called Connor, or should I say Mr Anderson! *dun, dun, duuuuhh*. Yes been keeping quiet about your brother RSA haven't you? Why should anyone believe the kin of such a liar? Espescially when he's also the Cousin of Stewie from SDI! *dun, dun, duuuh*

Oh you want people to believe an avowed terrorist and relation to 2 of our stupidest trolls. But they are too clever, they will see through your lies and deceit.
:twisted:

Connor MacLeod wrote:Besides, whose going to foot the tax bill for all this increased spending? :P

Tax bill? I don't know what you mean, the future will see decreased taxes before the next round of elections - there may be rumours about increased National debts and the deficit but why listen to the naysayers? :wink:

Image Image
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Connor MacLeod wrote:Besides, whose going to foot the tax bill for all this increased spending? :P
That's what peons are for, fool! Haven't you learned anything subsequent to the US elections of 2000?

Although I can not give my vote for the spending bill until I have assures the air force will be adequately funded, including full funding of all R&D and "black list" projects.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Rob Wilson wrote: I'm a Chancellor and he's a Senator, why would we go to the building when we have lackey's to do it for us? :P
Because you're not too bright? :P
Starting the misinformation campiagn already are we mr so-called Connor, or should I say Mr Anderson! *dun, dun, duuuuhh*. Yes been keeping quiet about your brother RSA haven't you? Why should anyone believe the kin of such a liar? Espescially when he's also the Cousin of Stewie from SDI! *dun, dun, duuuh*
Stooping to slander are we? This means WAR!

*destroys your home planet*
Oh you want people to believe an avowed terrorist and relation to 2 of our stupidest trolls. But they are too clever, they will see through your lies and deceit.
You know, your fictional blackmail only works if, ya know, don't announce it to everyone in the known universe ;)

Tax bill? I don't know what you mean, the future will see decreased taxes before the next round of elections - there may be rumours about increased National debts and the deficit but why listen to the naysayers? :wink:
I'm not paying more money simply to allow you to spend mroe on your dates.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

* a darkened alley behind the Senate building*

"Do you have them?"
"Of course!"
"And..."
"The Contract states that 10% of the Bill will be spent on Big Corellian ships."
"OK then, the deals on. The 'Rebellion' will now only be an entrapment exercise for any potential trouble makers."
"Excellent. Keep making the noise Connor, we'll keep in contact."
"Yes Mr Chancellor."
:D

Image Image
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Sea Skimmer wrote: *Attempted pro mecha sympathizer uprising is crushed by HAB killdozers*
HAH! They were mere cannon fodder to draw your forces out so I can obliterate them via orbital bombardment!
HAB has already abolished money within its own domain, as it was found that the concept of ‘currency’ brought with it the need to have a ‘war budget’ which in turn was nothing more then an insidious mecha attempt to limit the propitiation of HAB armaments! The Great Leader thus proposes that once all SD.net money has been spent, then that currency shall also be abolished in favor of the uncontrolled allocation of resources to the war plants.

The Great Leader however assures the population that their will be no slave drives (only mandatory volunteering) and ample resources will remain to meet all such minor 'standard of living' requirments as food and clothing.
Tanks > Big Fucking Starships
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Rob Wilson wrote:* a darkened alley behind the Senate building*

"Do you have them?"
"Of course!"
"And..."
"The Contract states that 10% of the Bill will be spent on Big Corellian ships."
"OK then, the deals on. The 'Rebellion' will now only be an entrapment exercise for any potential trouble makers."
"Excellent. Keep making the noise Connor, we'll keep in contact."
"Yes Mr Chancellor."
:D
You forgot to execute the middlemen. Dead men don't tell secrets.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Connor MacLeod wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: I'm a Chancellor and he's a Senator, why would we go to the building when we have lackey's to do it for us? :P
Because you're not too bright? :P
That may be so, but I'm also lazy and going to that building and making stuff up would be work.
Connor MacLeod wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: Starting the misinformation campiagn already are we mr so-called Connor, or should I say Mr Anderson! *dun, dun, duuuuhh*. Yes been keeping quiet about your brother RSA haven't you? Why should anyone believe the kin of such a liar? Espescially when he's also the Cousin of Stewie from SDI! *dun, dun, duuuh*
Stooping to slander are we? This means WAR!

*destroys your home planet*
Slander? It's written therefore it would be libel. I don't know you've been spending too much time with RSA, his idiocy is rubbing off... or so I thought until I found this school report that shows that RSA was actually the brighter of you 2 at school, he graduated from the 5th Grade after only 4 attepts and you technically still haven't graduated from 4th grade. You can't argue with the proof of official School records Mr Anderson.

Oh and next time, don't contract out the destruction job to Stewie, the Neighbours are complaining about him trying to TP the planet... with only one roll... from orbit... riding a tricycle. It's just pathetic.
Connor MacLeod wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: Oh you want people to believe an avowed terrorist and relation to 2 of our stupidest trolls. But they are too clever, they will see through your lies and deceit.
You know, your fictional blackmail only works if, ya know, don't announce it to everyone in the known universe ;)
Pah, the plebe's have an atention span of Goldfish, they've already forgotten the truth, only our endlessly repeated lies are in thier heads now.

Connor MacLeod wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: Tax bill? I don't know what you mean, the future will see decreased taxes before the next round of elections - there may be rumours about increased National debts and the deficit but why listen to the naysayers? :wink:
I'm not paying more money simply to allow you to spend mroe on your dates.
Your a Senator, you don't get taxed and it pays for your dates too. :P

Image Image
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Connor MacLeod wrote:
HAH! They were mere cannon fodder to draw your forces out so I can obliterate them via orbital bombardment!
Total obliteration is considered only a minimal level of destruction according to HAB Bomb Damage Assessment standards.
Tanks > Big Fucking Starships
The larger HAB tanks use Death Stars as ball bearings for the commanders cupola, and in any case HAB fields a full range of combat equipment. Attempting to rely completely on one system or one sort of system is the insanity of the mecha, and the fact that you believe this to be the case for HAB clearly shows your pro mecha agenda. Quickly, guards, search him for mecha paraphernalia!
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Sea Skimmer wrote: Quickly, guards, search him for mecha paraphernalia!
Still not got the hang of this eh?
Guards, place Mecha Paraphenilia in his pockets, his domicile, his parents domicile, his friends domiciles and replace his pet dog with a Sony Aibo, oh and put Mecha stickers all over his car as well. Then arrest him.

Image Image
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Rob Wilson wrote: Still not got the hang of this eh?
That is hardly the case, the Great Leader would never be so foolish as to order such a thing, when he was not sure of a positive result.

Guards, place Mecha Paraphenilia in his pockets, his domicile, his parents domicile, his friends domiciles and replace his pet dog with a Sony Aibo, oh and put Mecha stickers all over his car as well. Then arrest him.
Summary execute him you mean, because there is no need for arrest and a show trial when these shocking revelations of mecha scum in the senate are already being beamed live to the population.

Also the Great Leader wishes to thank the so far two senators who have volunteered to lose limbs in the hunt for mecha laid mines and booby traps