House of Commons

Moderator: CmdrWilkens

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

House of Commons

Post by Dalton »

The House of Commons is now open for business. Please make a list of relevant threads to move there - and please feel free to do so if you can - and please let me know who's moderating the forum. I remember Hotfoot's name being tossed around - are you interested?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Re: House of Commons

Post by Coyote »

These are all on Page 2 of the Off-Topic forum, as of this writing....

"How do YOU see the board?"

"The Imperial Senate Commentary Thread"

"Constitution to make the board into a democracy"

"So why do you stay on the board?"
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I got most of them already once I saw the new forum plus the discussion thread from here. Vote thread as well? I think so.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Dalton wrote:The House of Commons is now open for business. Please make a list of relevant threads to move there - and please feel free to do so if you can - and please let me know who's moderating the forum. I remember Hotfoot's name being tossed around - are you interested?
Given the nature of my job, I can only really promise maybe 8 hours a day of time on a normal day to help watch over the forum, but I'd be willing to help keep things in order, sure.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Where you at, Hotfoot? I can probably help out.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I'm East Coast, and I get home around 1600-1700 most days.
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Mountain Time Zone; so I'm about 2 or 3 hours behind you, providing some overlap.

What we really need is a sucke..err.... um, I mean a proud volunteer in, like Australia or something like that.
:D

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

If you're able to keep watch during the work day, which I am not (I have zero access for personal internet time at work) then we should really be fine. Forum activity dies down at around Midnight Pacific Time and tends not to pick up for a while after.
The Realm of Confusion
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Oh, hell, I'm almost exclusively on during the work day. I'm a government employee, I work very hard.
:mrgreen:

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Coyote wrote:Oh, hell, I'm almost exclusively on during the work day. I'm a government employee, I work very hard.
:mrgreen:
We should be golden then, if this arrangement is acceptable with the powers that be. I'll PM you with ideas for a basic set of forum guidelines and procedures.
The Realm of Confusion
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Alright, sounds good guys. Do us proud!
To Absent Friends

Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

Right then, thanks for the forum, we'll try to keep that new forum smell for as long as we can.
The Realm of Confusion
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Hotfoot wrote:Right then, thanks for the forum, we'll try to keep that new forum smell for as long as we can.
Don't worry, we'll be around to burn it with fire if necessary.
To Absent Friends