The Education System WORKS!

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

The Education System WORKS!

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

An email reply from a creationist I have taken to debating over quicker mediums than the slow ass forum that was previously mentioned.

I almost killed myself laughing (no really, I did, I nearly fell of the chair into the patio window door!).
okay, this is the thing. evolution means 'the historical development of a biological group (as a race or species)' as said in a webster's dictionary i found. and 'species' means 'an individual or kind belonging to a biological' group. in other words, a group/species is a whole, and if one changes, they all do. also, when arostotle, or whoever came up with evolution, was on his deathbed, he ADMITTED that it was all wrong and that he just MADE IT UP!!! so.....

evolution-1 creation-2

God bless,

AJ
Ouch, the braincells never had a chance.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

To quote from Jedi Knight, with a small alteration

"A deep empowering grasp of his neck is what you need" :twisted:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

What a moron. Does he even realize that Aristotle.... well, never mind. I can't even think of words to describe it. Mind you, it's not as bad as DarkStar, but then, what is?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

I've dumb things, I've seen dumber things, but that one just takes the biscuit, spits on it then buries it in a whole.
does he know anything about history (we all know that aristotle lived for 2000 years don't we).
my brain needs to heal after seeing that
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Ummm... why did he show those definitions and at the end he says some bullshit that never really happened and he even got the name wrong!
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

It's also a she too.

But really, this is bad.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

*Whump!

Sound I made after reading that through the second time

Arostatle?

Wow....

I guess the only thing worse would be.. wait whos that, OH NO! ITS!

AL Gore: Hello young Americans I just wanted to stop by and tell everyone to Vote for me and oh I came up with the idea for Evolution, Yep me and Darwin where talking one day and I told him my idea, course I never got credit for it but thats ok, Besides I also invinted Creationism, Yep the whole and he made the animals from the dirt stuff, all my idea, Heh you could say I nearly wrote that whole book!, Well anyway I have to be off, Vote for Gore 2004!

Was that who I thought it was?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

The Horror..... The Horror.

The gene pool just cant recover from that, mankind as a whole is doomed.
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Is this from that gp4teens site?
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

"Aristotle, or whoever came up with evolution"

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Creationist. Apparently, the evolution of the human split, and this guy's ancestor was born.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Of course, even if a bunch of monkeys set in front of the typewriter (no offense, Dave) and gave us the theory of evolution, it would still be a valid theory...
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Those people should be exiled to a small island. Given a single bible, which is conveniently put at the very bottom of the active volcano. Then fly around in a helicopter telling them that "This is god, retrieve my book and get into heaven without a catch"

This of course makes them all leap into the active volcano.

BUT, if some of them are smart enough to NOT jump in their lives are sparred and will return to civilization.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune