Interesting question (aging process)

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Shrykull
Jedi Master

Interesting question (aging process)

Post by Shrykull »

Here's an interesting question, if some christians draw thier morality from heaven and hell, that those are what keep you in line, the threat of hell or the reward of heaven, what if tommorrow they found a way to stop the aging process, they don't need to be moral anymore because they are ready have "eternal" life.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Simple the Christian will supress it as imoral and denonce it

Look at stem cell resurch, heck that was one of the big things on the way to achiving Medical Imortailty(IE you still die from old age and large heavy things droped on your head but from from disesase and plauges) and what did everyone one of the Big Three Religions do?(2,3,5 respectly in the top five line-up)

Denouce it as amoral godless evil acts, EVILL...... EVIL! Burn in Hell-fire you scientists!

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

People would still die from accidents. So I think they would simply say it takes longer to get to the eternal life.