This is fun.

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Tranan
Jedi Knight

This is fun.

Post by Tranan »

I cant remmber wen I read a lager pice of nonsens in my life.

Go to this link and se stupity in work.

http://www.icr.org/headlines/rennie.html
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Institute for creation research??? I didn't know there even is such a thing!!!!
Supermod
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Yeah, it's a front for all the usual bullshit. No real research to be found.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Meghel
Youngling

Post by Meghel »

It is a pretty bad site. Especially the page pointed to.

Like you can Scientifically Deduce a Belief.

I myself am a believer, and I do not need science to do it. I believe in God, I accept Evolution. Now what is just the problem? :lol:

Cheers,

Meghel
"You can join me or die. Now fall to your knees or be shortened the other way...."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I myself am a believer, and I do not need science to do it. I believe in God, I accept Evolution. Now what is just the problem?
BLASAMFLY!
According to the Christian Religion we all get to stone you now :P

*Edit and Jewish Religion too :D

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Do creationist liars burn in Hell too?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

USAF Ace wrote:Do creationist liars burn in Hell too?
To quote Lucifer in a little cartoon I once saw...

If it wasn't for religious extremism, we'd be out of a job.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I actually read some of that site.

(Mr. B screams as brain tries to escape from stupid creationism)

(splat)

(pink blob crawls away)
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

-agrees with meghal, sirnitram-
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

"Sir we are picking up a bullshit oxymoron on sensors"

"Fire control prepare to fire a full broadside at that POS"

"Fire!"

*turbolasers fire and oxymoron blown to hell*
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Surprisingly, for a long time the Christian church was one of the leading scientific institutions in the world, because they were convinced that if they learned about the world and its history and the universe that evidence would support a literary interpretation of the Bible. They did things like find evidence proving the existence of an Ice Age (which they assumed was Noah's flood), and made a number of important discoveries, for a time during the Dark Ages. Of course, during the Dark Ages, no one was a good scientist, but still.

And no, I don't think that this organization is likely to find anything proving that God exists.

And no, I don't take them very seriously.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Meghel
Youngling

Post by Meghel »

Mr Bean wrote:
I myself am a believer, and I do not need science to do it. I believe in God, I accept Evolution. Now what is just the problem?
BLASAMFLY!
According to the Christian Religion we all get to stone you now :P

*Edit and Jewish Religion too :D
And just where, oh great and powerful Bean, does Christianity state this. :P :lol:

Isn't it spelled Blasphemy?

Cheers,

Meghel
"You can join me or die. Now fall to your knees or be shortened the other way...."
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Meghel wrote:And just where, oh great and powerful Bean, does Christianity state this?
Let's not get into this again.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Zoink
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zoink »

Master of Ossus wrote:for a long time the Christian church was one of the leading scientific institutions in the world
I wouldn't apply the term "scientific" to any of their research. The goal of the research was to prove the validity of the bible, not to determine the truth regardless of what that truth may be. This is clearly shown by the treatment of scientists who disagreed with their findings.

If you start your research with the assumption: If it agrees with the bible its true, if it disagrees it must be false.... then you are simply doing what quack-scientists do today.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Then the LORD said to Moses: "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him."
Leviticus 24:13-14

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

So starts page two

More fun quotes
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer ... That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God.
Deuteronomy 13:1-5
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.
Deuteronomy 13:6-9

Got it yet Meghel? :twisted:

spongyblue
Jedi Knight

Post by spongyblue »

You know its funny I think I went to the most unique catholic schools ever. Not only did my teacher(a priest) teach evolution (as did all my other science teachers) but he actually had to convince several students on several occasions why this was more plausible than a big invisible guy taking six days to work his mojo. I think the covered creationism for all of a half hour back in those days. Even though I aint a religious person( I got a lot a grips with varios religious institutions world wide) they always for lack of better terms, gave us the cliff notes version of the bible. Be cool to your fellow human and everything will be OK. Thats my two cents.