Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Post by Mr Bean »

It's 3AM
Do you know where your Nukes are?
Have at it.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Actually, Shroomania has just recently joined the nuclear club!

*shares warheads with Super Best Friend PeZook*

:D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Thank you.

Questions:
Will there be a Japanistani Civil War to explain the loss of the expanding, skimmer led, Imperial Japanistan?
-If So you could play it with a pro-Mess faction, a Communist Faction, a FUN Faction, an Imperialist Faction, and others.
What about the various Valaria nations that were under the control of Japanistan, is it time for the Scramble for Valaria?
Also, doe anyone mind if I try to update the map?
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Actually, Shroomania has just recently joined the nuclear club!

Do you need to put some nukes on the Goddamn F-ing Continent?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Okay...I just finished estimating the economic damage that two months of no economic activity and cessation of international trade caused.

...and it's bad. I mean Great Depression level bad. I will have to devise a drastic set of emergency regulations...

EDIT: And since the world's strategic balance has shifted, it's time to devise a new strategic doctrine for the Old Continent *glares at the Old Dominion*
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote:
EDIT: And since the world's strategic balance has shifted, it's time to devise a new strategic doctrine for the Old Continent *glares at the Old Dominion*
Fuck off, ye great Polack Poofter! *shakes fist*

:wink:

I am once more reiterating that no one is to enter the areas formerly known as Shepistan, East Shepistan, and St. Kitteridge without invitation. :P

Also, ports are beginning to open.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Since I'm the one who initially called for it, I think I'll pick the name. Or at the least forbid Shroomania from having anything to do with it. Because WIBBLE is just too silly for me.

Anyway, the MESS is going to impose a quarantine of the former Islamic Republic of Shepistan and that other place (St. Kitteredge?) for the safety of the world at large. Given the Old Dominion's proximity, they'll be in overall command of the joint forces there. Just as an FYI.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

RogueIce wrote:Anyway, the MESS is going to impose a quarantine of the former Islamic Republic of Shepistan and that other place (St. Kitteredge?) for the safety of the world at large. Given the Old Dominion's proximity, they'll be in overall command of the joint forces there. Just as an FYI.
You guys can have that god-forsaken island, and the FUN can have Astaria for all I care. We're not setting foot on either for a long, long time.

As for economic damage, San Dorado probably got hit worse than average, considering we're almost entirely dependent on international trade to keep our economy going. That's why we branched out into Arabiapolis ASAP - we have to get the goods flowing again if we want to salvage anything of this fiscal year, which is going to be a total economic disaster no matter what we do. Luckily we don't do social security, so the government won't be unduly burdened ;).
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Alright, so what is the status of Astaria? Are they dead, did the Q Miracle Cure save some of them, what? And no, Norse isn't coming back to play. He quit, so he quit. Too bad, so sad.

So what's the status?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

RogueIce wrote:Since I'm the one who initially called for it, I think I'll pick the name. Or at the least forbid Shroomania from having anything to do with it. Because WIBBLE is just too silly for me.
And here you demonstrate good judgment worthy of a leader such as yourself. WIBBLE, while exquisitely Shroomanian, simply doesn't conjure up the images of learned, wise statesmen discussing the problems of the day.

It does bring to mind some lovely kittens, though. :D
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Actually, Shroomania has just recently joined the nuclear club!

You know he had nukes before you did. :D
RogueIce wrote:Alright, so what is the status of Astaria? Are they dead, did the Q Miracle Cure save some of them, what? And no, Norse isn't coming back to play. He quit, so he quit. Too bad, so sad.

So what's the status?
If they're not dead, we'll make them dead. I need a place for nuclear testing anyway. :twisted:

Also: Guys buy my tanks!!!
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

DarthShady wrote:Also: Guys buy my tanks!!!
I was going to, how much?
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Karmic Knight wrote:
I have no idea. :?

But I'm sure we can work something out. :wink:
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Karmic Knight wrote:
I can make the same tanks, and you get to support an FTO buddy. Come on, whaddaya say?
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Are there really going to end up being two bioweapons treaties?

:lol:
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Just poking my head in real quick to say I'm going to have to officially pull out of this game. I am just way to busy at work to give the game the attention necessary to run Indhopal the way I would like. (It also looks like I might have stopped at the right time, what with biowarfare attacks and so on.)

If the game doesn't end up dying due to biowarfare my FTO partners can essentially have full control of Indhopal. (including its nuclear program which began in the first year of the game and should be able to test a device soon if the FTO deems that neccesary.) It was fun while it lasted gentlemen :D .
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Raj Ahten wrote:Just poking my head in real quick to say I'm going to have to officially pull out of this game. I am just way to busy at work to give the game the attention necessary to run Indhopal the way I would like. (It also looks like I might have stopped at the right time, what with biowarfare attacks and so on.)
Sorry to see you go, I hope things ease up for you in the future.
Raj Ahten wrote:If the game doesn't end up dying due to biowarfare my FTO partners can essentially have full control of Indhopal. It was fun while it lasted gentlemen :D .
Well, the looming threat of biodeath is over, but the looming threat of Great Depression level economic strife is now upon us.

Oh, someone should write up the FTO's first live nuke then, where are we going to light it?
DarthShady wrote: I have no idea. :?

But I'm sure we can work something out. :wink:
Hmm, alright.
240, right?
Master_Baerne wrote:I can make the same tanks, and you get to support an FTO buddy. Come on, whaddaya say?
If these used tanks prove to be worth their pricetag, I'll place a full order.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Okay...I just finished estimating the economic damage that two months of no economic activity and cessation of international trade caused.

...and it's bad. I mean Great Depression level bad. I will have to devise a drastic set of emergency regulations...

Why did international trade fall to that extent? In game time, that shouldn't happen in more than.. what? 2 weeks?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Karmic Knight wrote:Thank you.
Questions:
Will there be a Japanistani Civil War to explain the loss of the expanding, skimmer led, Imperial Japanistan?
-If So you could play it with a pro-Mess faction, a Communist Faction, a FUN Faction, an Imperialist Faction, and others.
What about the various Valaria nations that were under the control of Japanistan, is it time for the Scramble for Valaria?
Also, doe anyone mind if I try to update the map?

Do you need to put some nukes on the Goddamn F-ing Continent?
If there is going to be a civil war in Japanistan, you can be sure I will be plowing 10s of billions into my favoured faction or personally intervene in that damn war.

And FUN and the FTO can bugger off, there is no way I'm going to let just any tom dick and harry play around in Japanistan proper.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I think, and will continue to behave, as if Japanistan is having an internal power stuggle which we are largely unable to peer into as their security apparatus is beyond paranoid. They would still maintain the rather hefty balance of units and equipment they held when Skimmer left and would retain parity at that level (just with too much internal division to cause more than a hiccup internationally).
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

CmdrWilkens wrote:I think, and will continue to behave, as if Japanistan is having an internal power stuggle which we are largely unable to peer into as their security apparatus is beyond paranoid. They would still maintain the rather hefty balance of units and equipment they held when Skimmer left and would retain parity at that level (just with too much internal division to cause more than a hiccup internationally).
By internal struggle, I take it that this precludes outright civil war. It's hard to ignore one on that scale.
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Karmic Knight wrote:
Master_Baerne wrote:I can make the same tanks, and you get to support an FTO buddy. Come on, whaddaya say?
If these used tanks prove to be worth their pricetag, I'll place a full order.
Not used, comrade. Brand-new T-90s from Ducal Armories, Inc.
Conversion Table:

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Yeah no civil war (until and unless someone comes into the game and can take over Japanistan but wants a new government structure).

Anyway in regards to the Shepistani situation that is 3 carriers, 1 LHD and a crapload of smaller vessels (13 CGS, 14 DDGs, and 6 FFGs) running around. Between the ODAF running AWACS and my own flights up you could probably squeeze something through but if anybody tries to squueze their way onto the island they are liable to be shot down or sunk at sea.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Why did international trade fall to that extent? In game time, that shouldn't happen in more than.. what? 2 weeks?
Because any sane country would close its borders or at the very least institute quarantines and heavy inspections to prevent infected persons entering?

BTW, Shady, it's nice to see there's someone to take Shep's place. Really, didn't we just have a huge biowar over his fetish for killing entire populations?

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

If I might make a suggestion as a non-player, have it where Uesugi or whomever it was that Skimmer had in charge of the "Sunshine Council" that advised the Emperor was forced to step down due to the clear failure of his policies. After all, he aligned Japanistan to a nation with an unstable leader (Shepistan) and an international pariah bound to cause problems (Astaria), the former of which promptly began working with a rival (the CSR) to attack the other ally, and ended up unleashing biological doom upon them and getting it returned in kind.

The new leadership believes that Japanistan is better served by a return to relative isolationism and consolidation. The move into South Veleria was suspended due to the potential for conflict, which they want to avoid now that people are tossing bio cocktails around, though Astarian-held Caravoland has been taken. Japanistan is now endeavoring to make Caravoland a puppet state and to further crush the New Sumatrese rebellion. They are too late to stop the consolidation of Byzantine control of Arabia proper, but I think they have no choice but to insist that Egypt remain unmolested or the new government would also be overturned. Byzantium should IMHO respect that, though I leave it up to all of you.

As for Astaria, most government would be transferred to South Veleria (have you made a final decision on upholding the Q-provided cures to limit the death toll?) and Astaria would further become a Sirnothese puppet state in the FUN. The alliance among the southern nations of Veleria likely has fractured, though, as nobody wanted to risk a bio-attack on them. This sadly has the effect of re-stimulating the old slave trade there, but only amongst the shithole countries there, now that the treaty and the Astarian Navy can no longer stop it.

Finally, my IC self would still be President of Cascadia, but likely would not run for re-election in 2013. The damage to the Cascadian economy from the disruptions of the bio-attacks has occupied Cascadia completely and will likely see a reduction in defense spending and some cuts to all services (striking a couple ASF-9 squadrons from the RCAF and shunting more airlift to the reserves, the Reprisal CVN may end up being canceled or reduced in size to cut costs, though the reactors are already under construction, etc.). Some natural resources are still to be found in Welles Island and Van Halstoff, though it'll be years before the two areas will get the population to be considered for acceptance as a seventh province of Cascadia.

Alright, everyone. It was fun while it lasted, thanks for letting me play. I hope you all have a fun game!
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hey Coyote...

What are the statistics on that awesome piece of kit of yours? I'm thinking about letting your guys put their money where their mouths are and sponsoring a FASTA launch with and Eagle as a payload :)