SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"Augustine" is the Florida-country on Shepland.

I'm working up a San Fuego OOB, whcih I envision to be an extremely cold Grenada. :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

phongn wrote:What do you need that radar for unless you're building a heavy missile defense system?
Of course a missile defence system and extra. I plan to link up my national defence network, and either buy or build heavy missiles to deal with ICBMs, missiles and what not. After the last game, it doesn't pay to be unprepared.
Shroom wrote:Um... where is Jerusalem (in the map)?
Same place where it would be in the real world. Now in Byzantine Territory up to the Golans.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

My nation is too spread out for effective SAM coverage really. I'm going for an aircraft based defense scheme myself. with only the most important sites covered with SAM's. Besides, you can use aircraft for more than one thing.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:My nation is too spread out for effective SAM coverage really. I'm going for an aircraft based defense scheme myself. with only the most important sites covered with SAM's. Besides, you can use aircraft for more than one thing.
Well, that's pretty much how it's going to work for most countries. Your cities are so large you will need so many SAMs that there can't be 100% coverage.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Raj, maybe you want to buy my F-16s? :)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Raj, maybe you want to buy my F-16s? :)
Sorry but I got my own domestic fighter production. Do you produce longe range bombers at all?

Edit: I'm probably also using Shroomanian companies airframes for my Tankers and AWACS though.
Last edited by Raj Ahten on 2008-08-29 08:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Raj Ahten wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Raj, maybe you want to buy my F-16s? :)
Sorry but I got my own domestic fighter production. Do you produce longe range bombers at all?
Well, I do have Tu-160s, which are... somewhat NATOnised.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Okay, he's using BAM tankers.

Want some B-1Bs? :)
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Check out the B-1R, too.... I gots those. :D
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Heh...I kinda like those e-mail exchanges :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

We might want to look up on modifying our Lancers for that role...

BTW, anyone got a guess as to who's emailing postcards in the FASTA? :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sweep MacMillan under the rug? THEY MAKE OUR GUNS!

They also make F-22s, by the way.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sweep MacMillan under the rug? THEY MAKE OUR GUNS!

They also make F-22s, by the way.
Unethical corporate practices must be dealt with. :P
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Nuclear rockets, Fingolfin?

Are you mad?

:P

EDIT:

On that note, San Dorado is AWESOME!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Alright, so when's the next FTO conference going to take place? Raj raised some points, most of which I'd like to see discussed as well -- I'm headed for Shroomania for a lightning visit right now, but right after that we can schedule the conference insofar as I'm concerned.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Nuclear rockets, Fingolfin?

Are you mad?

EDIT:

On that note, San Dorado is AWESOME!
They are perfectly fine once the rocket gets beyond Earth. :P Plus, it also gives a test case for a nuclear reactor driving an ion engine.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Nuclear rockets, Fingolfin?

Are you mad?

The LSR used NSWRs in the last game frequently.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I don't know where I'm taking my whole Christopher Walken in the Jungle subplot. I guess I'll have him and the MacMillans and the Dark Liquids and the Force Recon blackops guys pack up and leave.

Then Christopher Walken can pop up some time later, in charge of his own Frequesuean blood diamond mine :twisted:

Fingolfin: Yeah... We'll definitely have ion engines in the future. But right now, we've barely even got space technology. Ion engines will have to wait for a while.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I don't know where I'm taking my whole Christopher Walken in the Jungle subplot. I guess I'll have him and the MacMillans and the Dark Liquids and the Force Recon blackops guys pack up and leave.

Then Christopher Walken can pop up some time later, in charge of his own Frequesuean blood diamond mine :twisted:

Fingolfin: Yeah... We'll definitely have ion engines in the future. But right now, we've barely even got space technology. Ion engines will have to wait for a while.
Ion engines have been around as far back as the 1910s and it was used in Soviet satellites since 1970s. The idea is old and if we leapfrog to Hall thrusters from the start, it'd save a lot of time.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Air Defense 101 from a familiar name, for anyone who wants to put some thought into constructing it. As posted before, here's an analysis on East Germany's major air-defense systems here.
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

SiegeTank wrote:Alright, so when's the next FTO conference going to take place? Raj raised some points, most of which I'd like to see discussed as well -- I'm headed for Shroomania for a lightning visit right now, but right after that we can schedule the conference insofar as I'm concerned.
I was hoping either later today, tomorrow, or the next day.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Karmic Knight wrote:
SiegeTank wrote:Alright, so when's the next FTO conference going to take place? Raj raised some points, most of which I'd like to see discussed as well -- I'm headed for Shroomania for a lightning visit right now, but right after that we can schedule the conference insofar as I'm concerned.
I was hoping either later today, tomorrow, or the next day.
Saturday would be good for me.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Okay, he's using BAM tankers.

Want some B-1Bs? :)
I might. Can't beat Stas on price for supersnic bombers for $30 mil apop though. Though B-1's are vastly superior.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Attention, FASTA. If you're worried about terrorist attacks on rockets in San Dorado, I suppose you could put them in the Duchy of Baerne instead. It's just next door, and we'll personally guarantee you're safety. For only a small fee, no less.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Saturday is a good day for me as well.
Visitor of five museum ships.