Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: Space STGOD planning.

Post by Rogue 9 »

Thirdfain wrote:You would do well to pay closer attention. As it stands, my treaty grants me ONLY defense of my home systems. The only person who is afforded freedom to engage in aggressive actions in the Southern Rim is, well, not me.
You misunderstand; I had meant to butt in asking that about when Tanasinn made this post, but your later posting made it unnecessary.

In any case, my diplomats are present and simply quiet at this juncture, mainly because I haven't read the whole diplomacy thread yet. I'll start on that now, and if you want to approach them, go ahead.

And for purposes of other people, those who've seen me play various incarnations of Nashtar in other games know the drill by now. For those who don't, I play it as a commerce-oriented republic, committed to heavy military presence to protect its territory and commercial interests. It doesn't like expansionistic powers very much, ostensibly because it values liberty and self-determination as core principles (which is true), but also because expansion, wars, and piracy are terrible for business. Those are the basics for my diplomatic stance; further details are going into the OOB thread when I get done.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

With that insight into the Nashtar's motivation, no WONDER you liked the Sixth Cruiser so much. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Did I? I don't recall interacting with them much at all, and having just read all my posts in STGOD 2k5's game thread, I don't see it there either.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I'd frankly have to make something up, Rogue, if your diplomat got unsettled, considering that the convo took place before you jumped in.
Truth fears no trial.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I know. Which is why I'm not doing it. It's a big room with lots of talking; the odds of actually hearing your conversation are fairly heavily against.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

which reminds me, I'm talking to you in the thread man!

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Sorry, I hadn't seen it. Responded.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Diplomacy seems to be slowing down. Is it about time for the Real Deal?

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I think it has to be. Unfortunately people still havent constructed the OOB part of their OOBs...hmmm what's a reasonable deadline for getting them done so we can start?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Say, one week? I know we are all champing at the bit to get rolling, but this is an internet forum and I feel a little time must be given for the vagaries of Real Life.

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Thirdfain wrote:Say, one week? I know we are all champing at the bit to get rolling, but this is an internet forum and I feel a little time must be given for the vagaries of Real Life.
Let's make it a nice round number. 1 Feb.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

My ORBAT's almost ready. One question before it's complete, though. Can the 250 points of non-mobile defenses be effective against spacefaring targets? If so, some of them will be devoted to non-node capable starfighters and system patrol craft. If not, I'll just go with army garrisons.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Hello?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm inclined to lean towards no as i've put admittedly node capable system patrol craft as part of my fleet and in general 'system patrol craft' do not fit the bill of defences for resisting planetary invasion. Orbital forts might though.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, at least two of my nearer neighbors are prone to simply bombarding resistance from orbit, so if things go south, defensive army garrisons would never engage the enemy. That's my primary concern with it.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Resistance in cities and military bases are under theater shields capable of surviving for days if not weeks under bombardment. Plus they have some 'stay the hell away' anti orbit cannons. Believe me you'll probably have time to paint your enemies as genocidal demons pretty thoroughly in the time it takes them to cleanse a world.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

The thing about orbital bombardment is that while it's not a practical weapon, it could be very useful as a terror tactic. You know, something along the lines of "You have three hours to surrender. For every hour past that time, one missile will be fired at Village X."
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

The thing about orbital bombardment is that while it's not a practical weapon,
I disagree completely. Orbital bombardment is going to be an absolutely vital weapon. Even the effect of restricting enemy forces to operating under theater shields is worth it alone- but orbital bombardment would allow the interdiction of communications, the isolation of enemy forces, control of the seas, and it also means that once your own ground forces take out the generators, supremacy is instantly yours.

Now, is orbital bombardment going to be a winner by itself? No. However, it's usage in synergy with ground forces, in clever and creative hands, could very well be decisive.

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Okay, Darth Raptor is apparently going to be without computer for possibly another two weeks or more. Which is sucky. :cry:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Ohma wrote:Okay, Darth Raptor is apparently going to be without computer for possibly another two weeks or more. Which is sucky. :cry:
Why is he without a comp?
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Why is he without a comp?
His died a few hours ago. :cry: However, I may be able to buy him a replacement tomorrow, in which case he'll be back online probably by the end of the week.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Ohma wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:Why is he without a comp?
His died a few hours ago. :cry: However, I may be able to buy him a replacement tomorrow, in which case he'll be back online probably by the end of the week.
What kind of die? You might just be able to replace a part... As for you buying him a new one... he is soooo gonna owe you one* :mrgreen:

What this and over what time period will be between the two of you
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Alyrium Denryle wrote: What kind of die? You might just be able to replace a part... As for you buying him a new one... he is soooo gonna owe you one* :mrgreen:

The kind of die where it doesn't even boot the BIOS all the way apparently. x.x
On the plus side, it looks like I will be able to buy him that new lappy so, he should hopefully be back on this weekend.*
*Oh I'm sure he knows what I'll want in return. ^_^
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Ohma wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote: What kind of die? You might just be able to replace a part... As for you buying him a new one... he is soooo gonna owe you one* :mrgreen:

The kind of die where it doesn't even boot the BIOS all the way apparently. x.x
On the plus side, it looks like I will be able to buy him that new lappy so, he should hopefully be back on this weekend.*
*Oh I'm sure he knows what I'll want in return. ^_^
That is awesome. The Alyrium misses him. Besides he wants to get this game rolling.

You want to take him out to soccer practice dont you? The link is semi-SFW

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

My ORBAT is now posted. I'll complete the fluff portions later; for now, the points are assigned (with the exception of the purely defensive forces) and ready to go.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!