SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

you know now that we do have shrooms and serpents I really do have to name a group B.A.D.G.E.R.

just so we could have badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, SNAKE, ooooh SNAKE

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Its kinda hilarious to me that the OP which started it all gave us the chance to have compeltely aethistic non-superstitious educated folks and in a bid for insanity we all gave ourselves whacked out minorities.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

CmdrWilkens wrote:Its kinda hilarious to me that the OP which started it all gave us the chance to have compeltely aethistic non-superstitious educated folks and in a bid for insanity we all gave ourselves whacked out minorities.
I didn't, I have a simple nice and diverse culture, the only groups I lack are Arabs of any kind but I do have a smattering of Turks and Persians.
Still trying to make time to come out of isolation.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I thought Beowulf took on playing for Boeing? Did he also claim to have Tu-160s as part of his stratobomer park? :?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Project Ringu eh? Treadstone now has some competition in the secret assasin making department :wink: .
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Stas, who is that hot chick? :shock: :o
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Stas Bush wrote:I thought Beowulf took on playing for Boeing? Did he
also claim to have Tu-160s as part of his stratobomer park? :?
Douglas produces many of the same products as Boeing, but it's not Boeing. Douglas "produced" the Tu-160s currently in service with the TXAF. The Tu-160s were used in the assault on Zablania.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Ah, I see. :) No problemo.
Stas, who is that hot chick?
My special ambassador to Lonestar, didn't you hear? ;)
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Say hello to an old friend of ours ;)

EDIT: Because Zor pointed out this plot may be ambivalent, the Hitler still is what remains of a video transmission from Earth, picked up by accident. No, I will not have space nazis invading us :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Ah yes. The Hitler message, that means over 60 light-years, right? ;)

That could very well be.

But imagine what will happen in 10-20 years wen they start getting transmissions from US/USSR and other nations. Aren't our people going to start, um, asking questions?

I predict a massive upsurge of Scientific Creationism! ;)

Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Stas Bush wrote:Ah yes. The Hitler message, that means over 60 light-years, right? ;)

That could very well be.
Well, Zor didn't really give a concrete distance, so I decided to have a goofy sci-fi reference :P
Stas Bush wrote:But imagine what will happen in 10-20 years wen they start getting transmissions from US/USSR and other nations. Aren't our people going to start, um, asking questions?
Well, any transmission is going to be hopelessly garbled at that point. Even getting a Hitler still was an Act Of Plot on my side, the best we could hope for would be partially reconstructed pictures and/or single words or sentences.

Unless we have our scientists discover a "Terra-like" planet not very far from here, and start waxing poetic about how "There may be life there! It will be massively different from us, but there may be life!!!"

And then they pick up a car commercial :D
Stas Bush wrote:I predict a massive upsurge of Scientific Creationism! ;)
:D

EDIT: Oh...by the way, since Shroom used to dress his personal bodyguards in Nazi uniforms, do you think they'll notice the similarity and start wondering what this is all about? :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Anyone have the in-universe date?
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Scientific creationism my arse. Byzantium Science is based on firm experimental backing, and not crack pot theories.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Scientific creationism my arse. Byzantium Science is based on firm experimental backing, and not crack pot theories.
What crack pot theories? Nova Terra was created wholesale by Q four years ago, this is not a crack pot theory ;)

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Scientific creationism my arse. Byzantium Science is based on firm experimental backing, and not crack pot theories.
What crack pot theories? Nova Terra was created wholesale by Q four years ago, this is not a crack pot theory ;)
No firm experimental backing! Unless Q shows himself before all of them in some major Astrophysics/cosmology conference and all the theorists start tearing their hair out.

That will be hilarious though. :lol:
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I wonder what I can say to placate these angry hordes of protesters who hate you, PeZook.

My planned speech is gonna honor PeZookia for all its contributions to the world and mention to the PeZookians how despite their nation's small size, the whole FUN - Shroomania included - looks up to their nation for leadership and guidance. How PeZookia has been instrumental in preventing an all-out world war from happening so many times in the past, and that now PeZookia is leading not only the FUN, but it is also working together with the MESS to conquer space. It is an epic achievement at international cooperation and friendship.

My speech will then mention that I am personally and humbly thanking the PeZookian people on behalf of Shroomania, the FUN, and the free people of the New World in helping us on the path of prosperity. And that the whole world stands by PeZookia and stands with it, shoulder to shoulder. That as brothers, we will help one another to realize a better future for us all.

Prime Minister Shroom is, despite his insanity, a very idealistic man and the whole FUN was formed because his idealism was contagious. Perhaps I shall infect more people with idealism.

The university is probably gonna be filled to the brim with these protester types.

Also, I am gonna mention how PeZookia has achieved so much despite being so small, and how far more powerful and larger nations (*cough* Shepnukistan *cough*) have only succeeded in nearly bringing the world to ruin. Yet, despite the mistakes of these so-called Imperiums, PeZookia and all of us have worked together to make sure that all people will have a tomorrow to look forward to.

Do you think that will be enough to get the PeZookian protesters teary-eyed?
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Depends on what exact words you use, but yeah. I think this will cut it :D

The animal rights nuts will probably still protest the second chimp we're gonna stick into a rocket and launch into space, but, well...

They're animal rights nuts :D

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

One of the scenes I shall plan for my visit (which I shall write tomorrow) includes me going down to actually talk to the head honcho of those 'normal' PeZookian protesters. Then we strike a meaningful discourse, and then an animal rights protester calls me a "MEAT MURDERER MANG!" and hurls a human kidney at me.

Then the Normal Protester Honcho goes "Hey! I was talking to the Prime Minister!" and then the norms and the animal rights protesters duke it out!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

What does the Byzantine Emperor expect when he visits PeZookia after he deals with the Crusaders? :?
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:One of the scenes I shall plan for my visit (which I shall write tomorrow) includes me going down to actually talk to the head honcho of those 'normal' PeZookian protesters. Then we strike a meaningful discourse, and then an animal rights protester calls me a "MEAT MURDERER MANG!" and hurls a human kidney at me.
Is he, by any chance, going to be a Shroomanian? :D
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Then the Normal Protester Honcho goes "Hey! I was talking to the Prime Minister!" and then the norms and the animal rights protesters duke it out!
:D

Divide and conquer!
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:What does the Byzantine Emperor expect when he visits PeZookia after he deals with the Crusaders?
Well...I'm not sure. A lecture, personal conversation and an ISCA shipyards visit is a given...what would you like to see besides that?

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I could have Baylor send in a FIA man to throw a kidney at me, yeah, and incite some pissery. And he wouldn't even inform me, that magnificent frostbitten bastard :lol:

Also, it will be an incredible discovery of the PM when he finds that the blue collar dockyard area of Astoria is, like, also a own fruity happy and gay zone in normally prudish PeZookia. It would be a total dissonance, but not so much though. More like a pleasant surprise :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Well...I'm not sure. A lecture, personal conversation and an ISCA shipyards visit is a given...what would you like to see besides that?
Perhaps a debate with that crackpot scientist? :D
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I could have Baylor send in a FIA man to throw a kidney at me, yeah, and incite some pissery. And he wouldn't even inform me, that magnificent frostbitten bastard :lol:
Or he could just be a guest protester ;)
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Also, it will be an incredible discovery of the PM when he finds that the blue collar dockyard area of Astoria is, like, also a own fruity happy and gay zone in normally prudish PeZookia. It would be a total dissonance, but not so much though. More like a pleasant surprise :D
Astoria is landlocked - it doesn't have a dockyard area ;)
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: Perhaps a debate with that crackpot scientist? Very Happy
Which one? :)

There the guy who says that Terra was created in the last four years and there's the LOLbertarian economist with a doctorate in liberal arts.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Which one? :)

There the guy who says that Terra was created in the last four years and there's the LOLbertarian economist with a doctorate in liberal arts.
The creationist. :lol:
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
PeZook wrote:Which one? :)

The creationist. :lol:
Consider it done ;)

Though he is a statistician, mind you. This is going to be a boring debate :P