SD.Net World(RAR!) MK II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

General Deathdealer
Padawan Learner
Location: In a Thunderhawk enroute to the Blood Angels Battle Barge

Post by General Deathdealer »

1500, General’s Palace
Minister of Defense: Sire, we would have shown you this at our morning meeting, but we needed you to come to the research lab to see this.
General Sanguinius: Well what do you have?

MOD: Sire, this is the new Battle Ready Armor Mark I. It will give protect..
General Sanguinius: Wait just a fucking minute here. Battle Ready Armor? Are you shitting me? I will not have my troops going around wearing Battle Ready Armor. You shorten the name and you have BRA. Our troops will be the laughing stock of the planet. Change the fucking name.

MOD: Of course sire, right away. As I was saying, the armor will give our troops ballistic protection similar to the Class III vests they wear now. So they will be able to withstand everything up to and including 7.62MM rounds. It also includes a build in filtration system that will protect our soldiers in a chemical or biological environment without having to put on a protective mask. The also have built in radios and a heads-up display that can link with their weapons to increase accuracy. We are still working on incorporating an exoskeleton into the armor to increase the soldiers’ strength and endurance, but we are having problems with finding a power source small enough and powerful enough to run it. We thought it better to produce this and work on an upgraded version with the exoskeleton later.

General Sanguinius: Excellent. Now let me see this thing. Sounds cool.
MOD: Right over here sire.
General Sanguinius: Holy shit. I just about creamed in my pants. Is this it? This is the coolest thing I have ever fucking seen. I know you showed me a picture of the prototype, but this is fucking awesome. Is it hard to move around in?
MOD: No sire, we have built in hydraulics that assists in moving the extremities, but even if the hydraulics goes out, a normal soldier will have no problem moving about in it. They just will not be able to run any marathons in them. And we will of course be producing them in a camouflage color scheme.

General Sanguinius: Start production and let’s get them out to our troops and build one for me. Also get this info to our allies.
MOD: Right away sire.

Paragraphs are your friend!-Bean
"Don't fuck with The Mess. Unless you've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt, shut your cakehole." - Me
"By the Blood of Sanguinius" - Blood Angels Battlecry
"The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines." - Anonymous
"This can't be good" - Sherriff Jack Carter
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

BBC Reports
"In International News the UKB Goverment has issued a strong statement condemning the hostage takers in Pezookia, and offering what assistance it can to Pezookian officials. Unfortunately no UKB ships are patrolling in the area at this time so UKB help will be limited to humanitarian effort only at this point.

"In National News today marks the launch of the final two GPS satellites into orbit. The launches are scheduled an hour apart for this afternoon, with the GPS system going live tomorrow morning once the software can be throughly tested. The remaining six satellites will be launch over the next few weeks. Due to Saddaimstain's hostility towards satellites launched over it's territory, the GPS system has required an addition four satellites in order to ensure 100% coverage over all the world without violating Saddaimstain's national space claim. Currently there are 24 satellites in orbit around New Earth dedicated to the GPS system. Only 23 are active as the second satellite to be launch suffered an system failure as it reached it's desired orbit. It's expect it will be de-orbited some-time next year or possibly used as a ASM test target."

"... also in National news it appears the Crown has decided that now is the time to acquire a Heir. A temporary Crown Prince was named earlier this year in case of His Majesties untimely death, however following tradition, it is preferred if his Majesty has one of his own blood to succeed him. There are rumors swirling about any one of three dozen possible women and if the Crown will acutally marry them or simply select one to act as mother to the future Heir. "

"In local news a was arrested shortly after purposing to his girlfriend. The reason for his arrest was because he decided the best way to impress her was to borrow a replica Porsche 911 and take her on a several hour long joy ride with plan's to purpose to her at the end. However when the car's own refused to let him borrow it, he instead stole the car. Police caught the thief and his girlfriend when he pulled the car over for a speeding ticket. No word yet on if she said yes or not.

BBC reports

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
A Bell ARH-70 made an emergency landing at the Tarrant County Public Golf Course today, while on a testflight from the factory in North Richland Hills. Bell Officials assured the public that everything was fine. "This is why we have test flights", spokesman Smitti said. The Department of defense will be conducting an inquiry.

Austin Republican
There was a succesful satellite launch this morning that lifted the payload on a Northeast Orbit from the Zubrin launch facility. The payload crashed West of the Shinra Republic, and was recovered by the L.R.S. San Jacinto which was operating in the area. NAC Director Jim Hickam is reportably "please" with the results of the test.

The Battalion
The Texas A&M College of Civil Engineering was award a contract to study the feasibility of a bridge or tunnel connection from the Lone Star Republic to Tian Xei. The connection would be the first such project between nations since our arrival on New Terra, and would greatly increase commercial and cultural exchanges.

Galveston Courier
The Keel for the first vessel under the new naval program was laid today at Southwest Marine-Galveston. The Dallas County-class supply vessels will be the first such purpose-built vessels on the planet. CNO Oscar Saldana said that the vessels were vital in order for the navy to operate efficiently overseas.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Canissia offers its small fleet of KC-10 tankers to any unit operating long-range aircraft against the peZookian Terrorists if needed.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomanian corporations, in conjunction with the UAC, will soon begin to sell affordable but dependable and reliable fighter aircraft for any nations interested. F-18s which are adaptable to multiple weapons loadout, with modest range but not so much that it would make other nations uncomfortable, and easy maintainability due to unique construction methods that manufacture lesser yet more durable parts. New Gottland got some of em ;)

The Shroomanian Scientific Society
MARINE MONSTROSITIES

An artists rendition of the Noctodile, also known as the Leviathanius Saddamistani.

Carnivorous amphibians with both gills and lungs, and the ability to hunt underwater or above it - the Noctodile, or the Leviathan as the Zorians call it, are the creatures that attacked refugees in the Bear Republic, as well as swimmers in the Zorean beaches.

The creature is not reptilian, nor is it a fish, and the closest taxonomic classification (of Earth That Was species) of it is amphibian. Yet it incorporates features found in reptilians and fishes. It has gills, like a fish, yet has rough and hard scales like that of a crocodile. It's head, which is shark-like, sports powerful jaws and long serrated teeth akin to those of Sand Tiger sharks. Moreover, it has powerful limbs that act as flippers underwater, yet on land its legs can allow it to easily outrun a running human - while plodding away with its tail.

[Note: Artist's depiction above is not accurate of conventional Noctodile/Leviathan locomotion. Normally they are seen moving on all fours, on their bellies, and only rear up on their weaker hind legs when threatened. Their flipper-like forelimbs have vicious claws.]

It's like a shark, an elephant seal, and a crocodile combined into one horrible chimera. With a predatory tenacity and pack-mentality that enables it to hunt injured congregations of humans in refugee camps, and a wolf-like cunning that prompts it to strike during the darkness of night.

The creatures are said to give birth, but eyewitnesses have also seen them lay clutches of eggs. Which is it? The answer is both. When the Noctodile, or Leviathan, births its young (it, for the creatures are hermaphroditic), the young is encased in a transparent yet tough sac that protects it from its environment while allowing it to acclimate to its surroundings. Depending on environmental conditions, the young may break through their sac shortly after birth, or may be freed by their parents, or may linger in their protective casings for hours - prompting one of their parents (usually the 'male') to go out and hunt for food to bring to its young litter. The females usually give birth in shallow tidal pools, for the young do not start out with fully developed lungs, yet are not strong enough to survive in the deep sea.

Though how long it takes for a Noctodile or a Leviathan to develop to a fully-grown adult is unknown, Zorian scientists have found a mature adult weighing in at 506 kilograms and at 8 meters in length. Shroomanian scientists have reported attempting to capture a specimen allegedly at 10 meters in length, but the creature was able to break free of the trap.

The Shroomanian Scientific Society's findings suggest that the the creatures were migratory and that they were traveling from their feeding territories to their birthing/breeding territory - believed to be located on small rocky islands (which, in Earth That Was, serve as breeding grounds for seals) near the Bear Republic - when the seismic activity and tsunami diverted their path to the shores of the Bear Republic itself, specifically Pirate's Bay. Along with disturbing undersea creatures like the giant squid Krakens, this sudden behavioral alteration in the Noctodile/Leviathans led many to believe that an 'all-out monster attack' was occurring. It did not help the fact that the Noctodile/Leviathans were hungry after their long voyage.

The appearance of Noctodiles in Zorian shores is puzzling, due to its relative distance from the Bear Republic. The point of origin of these Noctodiles, the place where they were migrating from, is still a mystery. It is believed that the Noctodiles captured by the Zorians, noted by their leaf-shaped tails, may be of a different species from the Noctodiles in Pirate's Bay.

Due to their sudden and mysterious appearance, and the fact that they have never been seen before, it is certain that the seismic activity and tsunami in the Bear Republic has prompted a drastic change in their behavior and natural traveling routes - leading them to human territory.

The fact that they have never been seen before lends credence to the fact that the habitat of the Noctodiles and Leviathans lies in as-of-yet unexplored territory. The fact that Noctodiles and Leviathans live partially on dry-land discredits the notion that they were hiding in the deep sea or in the middle of the ocean.

The Shroomanian Scientific Society proposes that the Noctodiles and Leviathans originated from an as-of-yet charted landmass. Quite possibly Terra Libertia.

"Pfft!" Prime Minister Shroom spat out his morning coffee. "Goddamn Libertopians!"

Giant Man-Eating Isopods.

Less thoroughly studied are the Giant Man-Eating Isopods, creatures that are also hostile to human life. Few samples have been obtained, as they seemed to have disappeared after the tsunami as water levels receded. However, a few facts have been ascertained from the few specimens obtained and from the accounts of victims and survivors.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods eat people.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods have anti-coagulant venom, preventing blood from clotting and causing severe hemorrhaging in some cases.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods have powerful limbs that allow them to jump onto humans and latch on.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods have powerful jaws that allow them to carve through flesh and bone after jumping onto a human and latching on.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods prefer to latch onto the human head, to use their mandibles to bite people's faces off, while injecting anti-coagulant venom to subdue their prey. The severe bleeding allows them to gain nourishment faster.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods' mandibles are so powerful and vicious that after they leave their prey's remains, the corpses look like their faces or chests have burst open.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods may have disappeared back into the ocean with the receding water levels, or may have settled in sewers and other artificial bodies of water in the vicinity of human habitations.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods are vicious predators.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods come in swarms.

The Giant Man-Eating Isopods eat people.

The Shroomanian Scientific Society supports the Shroomanian Aid Packages to the Bear Republic, Aid Packages that include mandatory flamethrowers.

"Goddamn! What else is on the Satellite TV?!"

[Zor loves crazy animals. He'll love this :)]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

A Proton-M vehicle blows up on startup

Today in the U.K.B. space facility at Outer Heaven, a Proton-M rocket blew up on start.

Luckily, no serious damage has been sustained by the cosmodrome. Still, resuming operations might take up to a month, authorities reported.

At this time, necessary launches could be conducted from other facilities.

OMSK Expands

Byzantium has been accepted into the O.M.S.K.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

T+30 MINUTES, ASTORIA PRIVATE ENGINEERING SCHOOL

"Archangel has commenced."

Thirty-six GROM troopers were waiting for these simple words. They got up and started checking their equipment one last time. Their commander affixed a LASH communication system to his belt and put on the headset.

"High ground, this is entry team. How does it look?"

"Entry team, this is high ground. They are agitated, but no signs they are expecting an imminent attack."

"Good. Keep us posted."

He took one last look at his men, and pulled his balaclava over his face.

"Gentlemen, to your positions."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T+45 MINUTES, SRS "RANGER"

With a thundering roar, a pair of EA-6B Prowlers were catapulted into the air, one after another. They rapidly climbed towards the cloud cover and soon disappeared from sight. A pair of F/A-18 fighter-bombers were waiting right behind them, and were hurriedly loaded onto the catapults.

In the carrier's CIC, a bunch of men in various uniforms, Navy and Army, foreign and Shinra, waited impatiently for the first report. It came right on schedule.

"All SHADOW groups inserted. Birds returning to base."

"It will take them about an hour to establish surveillance. We've got time for coffee, gentlemen." - the ship's commander quipped, looking at his watch.

"Give me a large one. Lots of sugar." - the PeZookian liaison officer was pretty calm, all things considered. At this time, there was no point in worrying - things were out of his hands now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T+1 HOUR 15 MINUTES, ASTORIA

"Twenty"

"I can give you twelve, two pregnant."

"Listen, they won't allow us to hand you over a bunch of hand grenades for twelve hostages."

"You won't get any more, take 'em or leave 'em."

"Okay, listen...I can get you body armor and gas masks, too."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I'll trow in another case of hand grenades if you give me twenty-five."

"Ain't you the generous one..."

"We're out of options, you have our backs against the wall."

"Huh. Okay. Two cases of hand grenades, five gas masks and five vests, and you can take twenty-five."

"Deal. Give me an hour."

"An hour and no more."

T+2 HOURS 00 MINUTES, TERRA LIBERTIA

The scope gave a surreal image of the surroundings. People moved about like ants inside the compound, little black dots against a pale-green background. It looked surreal, and it felt like that - because, as far as those little ants were concerned, Sgt. Lockheart was God.

"Six, this is SHADOW 2-1. Got four on the courtyard."

"Roger, four on the courtyard. Two more out the back, smoking."

The compound was awfully quiet. Only a few bored guards were wandering on the outside, apparently feeling completely secure this far away from the Central Sea.

"Okay team, let's get than compound painted."

Most guards were apparently sleeping, after having parked their vehicles in a haphazard parking lot behind a very large building. Hostages were conveniently locked up, away from the main barracks. There were several other buildings, though, which probably contained more tangos.

"Paint that large structure. We can't risk thousand-pounders going off any closer to the hostages."

"Roger that." - Lockheart took a quick glance at his spotter, who unpacked the laser target designator from its carrying case. Pretty soon now, he thought to himself.

T+2 HOURS 30 MINUTES, SRS "RANGER"

"We have confirmation, commodore. Hostages are in the compound, and the enemy is not expecting us."

"Well, no use waiting, then. Proceed with BULLDOG."

On the flight deck, two first Ranger companies were waiting, fully equipped and ready to go. When all 24 helicopters started turning on their rotors, it was obvious - BULLDOG was on.

"All right boys, move to your helos! This is it! And remember: Rangers lead the way!"

"All the way!" - the roar from three hundred throats almost drowned out the helicopters

Ten minutes later, twenty-four Blackhawks rose from the flight deck and turned towards Libertopia.

T+3 HOURS 10 MINUTES, ASTORIA EVENING NEWS

Thank you. We are back on the air here at the Astoria Private Engineering School after a brief technical problem. And, Nelly, let me tell you that strange things seem to be happening here. The authorities have brought up a truck, and rescue workers are unloading heavy crates from it. They are painted with military markings, and I'm afraid that terrorists have managed to strike a bargain using hostage lives as chips.

It really seems command here is backed up against a wall, as they are willing to trade munitions for hostages.

Wait, Nelly...something is happening here...there are...wait,what?

<transmission is abruptly cut again>

"What the hell is...oh" - the reporter was angry because they didn't allow him to finish, but then he saw uniformed troops running across the street to their jump-off points. At the same time, a stack of heavy munitions crates was carefully arranged right at the front door.

T+3 HOURS 11 MINUTES, COMMAND CENTER

"All units ready", came a radio transmission. The police commander wiped the sweat off his brow and looked at his military counterpart, "Let's get it over with".

The military officer nodded and motioned to the negotiators, "Get them outside".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Peter. The munitions you ordered are ready and waiting outside. You can take them."

"Yeah, I can see them. We'll have the hostages bring them in."

"Okay, but remember our deal. Ten people are let go before we let you take the crates."

"Fine, fine. You can have them."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hostages are running out! One...three...ten people, repeat, ten people out of the building!" - the radio squawked.

The military officer grabbed the mouthpiece, "High ground, report your targets!"

"This is one. Target, side one, level two, corridor window."

"Two. Target, side one, level one, front entrance."

"Three, target, side one level two, auditorium."

"Four, target, side one level three, window hostage room."

"All units, hold"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is that noise?"

"What do you mean? There is no noise. Stay on the line, Peter."

"No, I'm pretty sure I heard a noise. I'm going to check it out."

"Nothing is going on, Peter, stay on the phone!"

"I'm checking it out. Wait a bit, I gonna check it out."

T+3 HOURS 12 MINUTES, AIRSPACE OVER LIBERTIA

"All units, this is the "RANGER". Start the music.

"Roger that, start the music. Hit it, Dave." - pilot of AE-6B Prowler "TANGO 1" levelled his aircraft. His ESO flipped several switches of his dashboard, flooding all channels with white noise.

"Rocking hard, Kyle. Nobody's but our guys will be able to talk down there now."

T+3 HOURS 13 MINUTES, ASTORIA

A split-second later, a click could be heard on the airwaves, then five whispered words.

"All units...fire...fire...fire."
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

BBC reports
"The detonation on launch today by a Proton-M rocket is believed to have been caused by a fault in the fuel feed system for the rockets. Wear or mis-handling are believed to have made the problems fatal rather than simply dangerous. Examinations of the other two launch sites showed no similar problem at the other sites, but never the less the UKB Space agency has delay the launch of the next two rockets by a day at the other launch pads for a full review of all systems as well as they stopped all launches for the next two and a half weeks from the site where the accident occurred.

The Launch site where the accident occurred is Launch Site 1, the first one constructed and the one which had the most use on it. As well UKB government official's have noted it was the primary training site for new personnel, another possible cause for the accident. A independent panel has already been commised by the UKB government and will also be review the accident to double check the initial commission's report.

BBC reports.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Mangka Daily News

Scientists Lure Sperm Whales to Kraken Waters

MESS scientists, after testing and concluding that the Kraken imperius ("Krakens"), despite their size, were still prey to sperm whales, have begun to lure pods of sperm whales to the seas near Bear Republic, where the Krakens mainly inhabit.

By using a series of sonar signals, and even giant squids in tow as bait, the scientific group successfully lured a pod of 20~30 sperm whales to the area. A ferocious battle between the whales and 4 Krakens followed, with sharks joining in. This resulted in the whales being victorious, though suffering from the loss of at least 10 whales. However, the scientists were satisfied with the results.

"Now that the whales know there is good food here, they will attract more to come." Dr. James Soong of the University of Mangka at Wanhua said, "That will keep the Krakens busy. The whales have a natural echolocating system, in which they can track down the Krakens by means similar to that of sonar."

Back in Mangka, however, some scientists are more conservative. Marine Zoologist Dr. T.H. Lee said, "We don't know how many Krakens are out there, this method might have a counter-effect of reducing the numbers of sperm whales, or induce the awakening of more Krakens in the seas of New Terra." Dr. Lee also pointed out the abnormal sightings of the Leviathans, also known as Noctodiles, at the shores of Zoria to strengthen his point, "These creatures aren't limited to a single area, but we have limited knowledge of them. We must be careful."

Towed Giant Squids as Bait for Sperm Whales
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Nukistani Times

The men and women of the RSAF have begun anti-monster operations, with the B-1Cs of Strategic Air Command dropping specially built 15 ton lightcase depth bombs to kill the monsters via underwater shockwaves.

"The creation and delivery of these lightcase bombs in only two months' time by Bakewell Aerospace and UAC is a testament to the human spirit's ability to fight back against Mother Nature. With Explosives." -- SecDef Slade.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Vohu Manah
Jedi Knight

Post by Vohu Manah »

News from the Qudlivun Free State

The Ministry of Defense has announced the official start of research and development of a new class of frigate to meet the nation's demands for a larger warship (due to a lack of workable bids). The vessel must be classified at minimum as a frigate and will be expected to operate independently for at least 1 year (ideally 2). The final design is expected to perform in both a peacekeeping and peacemaking capacity and be able to provide land operation support (including land attack capabilities).
Preliminary Spec Sheet wrote:Length: 148 m
Beam: 18 m
Draft: 5 m
Displacement: around 6800 t
Propulsion: CODLAG
• 1 20 MW gas turbine
• 2 4.7 MW electric motors
• 4 2.9 MW diesel generators
• 3 gearboxes: 2 for each shaft and one to crossconnect the gasturbines to them.
• 2 shafts, driving controllable pitch propellers
• Speed: 20 kn on diesel only, 26—27 kn max.
• Range: 4000 nmi
• 1 1 MW bow thruster
Sensors:
• 1 Phased array radar
• 2 navigation radars
• IFF mode S
Sonar
Laser warning
FL1800S ESM suite
Communications: Link 11, Link 16, Link 22
Countermeasures:
• 4 Decoy launchers (MASS)
• ECM
Armament:
• 8 RGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missiles
• 2 RAM surface-to-air missile launcher/CIWS, 21 cells each
• 1 127 mm lightweight Otobreda naval gun with guided VULCANO ammunition for land-attack missions (range: 120 km)
• 2 27 mm MLG 27 remote-controlled autocannons
• 5 12.7 mm Hitrole-NT remote-controlled machine gun turrets
• 2 12.7 mm heavy machine guns (manually controlled)
• 2 triple torpedo launchers with EuroTorp MU90 Impact torpedo
• Water cannons
Other equipment:
• 2 search lights
• Submarine ROVs
• 4 11 m dinghies, over 40kts fast
• Space for two 6.1 m container
Hangar facility: 2 SH-60 LAMP Mk3 helicopters
Complement: 160 (including 50 GDSF Special Forces)

Ship design is a slightly modified version of the German F125 Frigate currently in development. (LINK)
Total time expected from start of the design process to the launch of the first completed hull for sea trials is three years (FY2013 at very latest). Parliament has already approved the first of three yearly special appropriations bills (each valued at equivalent to $300 million USD) to pay for the project R&D and the first ship.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the kind who think it’s perfectly reasonable to strip-search a 13-year-old girl suspected of bringing ibuprofen to school, and the kind who think those people should be kept as far away from children as possible … Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between drug warriors and child molesters.” - Jacob Sullum[/size][/align]
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Forbidden City Times

The Peace Department launched a satellite from Glenn Launch Complex this morning. Officials refused to comment on the type, but did stipulate that it was in a 1200 mi circular polar orbit. Observers of the launch stated it was lofted with a Delta IV Medium+.

They also announced that they would soon be launching a MSA fiananced satellite navigation constellation. Projected number of satellites is 30, arranged in 3 orbital planes. The orbital period is to be approximately 12 hours. The chosen name for this system is Lowell. The system is also designed to pickup and retransmit SARSAT signals, enabling quick and accurate location of vessels in distress. Approximately half of the Lowell satellites will be launched from Zubrin Launch Site in the Lone Star Republic.

--

Lockmart Corp announced today that they had reached milestones in two Peace Department Projects. The first was a successful wind tunnel test of the RATTLRS project airframe. The wind speeds exceeded Mach 4.

Also, the extended length rocket motor for the POLAR proposal has been successfully test fired, with flight tests to soon begin.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

News Headlines
Byzantium will pursue a crash space program to span a year and encompass 3 billion dollars from the R&D budget.
The Byzantium government has announced that it will pursue a crash space program over the year. This is in the bid to catch up with rival nations and to safeguard its own space. A new space agency, Byzantium Space Agency or BSA, would coordinate Byzantium's efforts. 3 billion dollars from the R&D budget, which amounts to 10%, will be allocated for this crash effort.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

SCC Launches First Satellites

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SAIGON - The Satellite Communications Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the first test satellites for the LeoCom[tm] satellite communications systems. Launched via LockMart expendable launch vehicles, these initial satellites will usher in a new era of reliable communications anywhere in the New World. SCC also reiterates its commitment to global peace and the offering of subsidized disaster early-warning datalinks and is working with government and industry leaders in tracking and detection of cryptozoological species.

The LEOCOM-X test satellites are launched into a 780 km circular orbit at an inclination of 86.4°. In addition to voice services, bandwidth of up to 30 Mb/sec is available at competitive pricing rates ...

HHI Announces Sale to TX

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HAIPHONG - Haiphong Heavy Industries is pleased to announce the first foreign sale of the Joint Common Missile to Tian Xia. The initial contract comprehends one hundred missiles along with systems integration consultants ...

TASDF Issues LRI-X Requirement

With the increased threat of high-performance, low-observable combat aircraft and advanced cruise missiles increasing throughout the New World, the TASDF has issued a new requirement for a high-performance long-range and high-endurance interceptor design to complement existing F-114 squadrons now defending the homeland ...

TSDF Issues MPA-X Requirement

Due to the increased threat of naval forces and the long open-ocean border of the IRT, the TASDF and TMSDF have jointly issued a new requirement for a high-endurance, high-payload maritime patrol aircraft to supplement and ultimately replace the existing P-7 units ...
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:
Coyote wrote: ROYAL CANISSIAN CYCLEWORKS MOTORCYCLE FACTORY OPENS
- snip pic -
ONE OF THE MANY RCC PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR CIVILIAN OR MILITARY PURCHASE; EXPORT ORDERS WELCOME
CAPRICA CITY, CANISSIA-- The recently unveiled Royal Canissian Cycleworks factory unveiled its latest product, the "Wolfhound" off-road cycle with powered sidecar. The "Wolfhound" is based off the Russian military's M-72 Ural, on Earth That Was, which is itself a reverse-engineered version of the BMW R-71 scout bike used by the former German Wehrmacht.

The "Wolfhound" is a solid, steel-tube construction off-road bike, built for the rigors of unimproved trails. It will be available for the Border Guards and Militia as an official duty vehicle, but no Canissian military orders are expected. Foreign military orders, however, are welcome and the low cost and high durability may make the "Wolfhound" a popular scout and light-utility vehicle for many small-nation militaries.
The Duchy of Langley is interested in purchasing a small consignment of militarized Wolfhounds for its armed forces. In addition, the Department of Commerce would like to know if these motorcycles are available for civilian sales within the Duchy.
Trade Minister Rayzha Rumaclin signed the order for the approval of the "Wolfhound" motorcycles to the Duchy of Langley; the bikes, intended for the Langley military, had the machine-gun mount included on the sidecar.

"I wonder if the Gottlanders would be interested in such a thing..?" she wondered, and sent a fax to them as well..

ROYAL CANISSIAN BORDER GUARDS KEEP COASTS SAFE
PORT ROYAL based RCBG aircraft, based off the A-1 Skyraider design, patrol the beaches and attack any Kraken or Noctodile encountered.

The Royal Canissian Border Guards have added a new air wing to their land-based and sea-based patrols. Using designed based on the A-1 Skyraider and the OV-10 Bronco, these airborne sentries keep watch over the shores from marauding creatures-- as well as smugglers, pirates, or other unsavory types.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Wilkonian Air Service Announces New Open Bid Contract

Today the Wilkonian Air Service (WAS) announced the opening a new contract for bidding to obtain a new Mid-Air refueling vehicle. While the WAS has been slowly procuring additional craft to better defend the airspace above Wilkonia long duration patrols and overseas support have been hampered by a lack of in-flight refueling. As part of the expected FY2009 defense budget authorities are starting an open competition to procure at least a dozen vehicles over the next five years.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Union Aerospace Corporations' RAR division continues to astound

Artists' proposal of UAC's RAR division's C-46 Commando II Proposal

General specifications are

Powerplants: 2 x 44,000 lbf class turbofans with a SFC of 0.34 lbs/lbf/hr
MTOW: 304,600 lbs
Max Fuel Capacity: 30,795 gallons of Jet A.

Ranges
30,000 lb payload: 6,115 miles on 30,795 gallons. (15 short tons)
89,00 lb payload: 4,120 miles on 23,577 gallons. (44.5 short tons)
128,000 lb payload: 3,540 miles on 18,766 gallons. (64 short tons)

Useable Cargo Bay Dimensions
40 feet (12.1m) long
18 feet (5.48m) wide
12.33 feet (3.76m) high

Volume: 8,877.6 cubic feet (249.31 m3)

Designed in response to the Hostage Crisis; it is expected that the Republic of Shepnukistan is highly interested in the following numbers and variants:

12 x C-46A Commando II - Regular Long Range Cargo Aircraft.
6 x MC-46B Combat Commando - Long Range Special Forces Insertion Aircraft
6 x AC-46C Combat Talon - Long Range Special Forces Gunship

Total cost of the program is tentatively estimated as $6 billion for procurement alone; with unspecified R&DTE costs. IOC is tentatively estimated for 2011 or 2012.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Douglas Aircraft announces bid for WAS Tanker

Douglas announced today that it was bidding for the Wilkonian Air Service tanker contract. It brought to the table two proposals. The first is a simply the KC-767 currently in TXAF service as the KC-46A. The second is a new, 777 based design that is significantly larger, providing 65% more fuel capacity. This capacity is similar to that of a KC-10. It will be entering TXAF service next year.

---

Douglas Aircraft announces bid for Tonkin Patrol aircraft

Douglas announced today that it was tendering a bid on the TASDF/TMSDF requirement for a long range patrol aircraft to supplement and replace their aging P-7 fleet. Based on the proven 767 airframe, it will provide maritime support to the TMSDF.

---

Peace Department accepts first THAAD batteries for ADCOM

The first four Theater High Altitude Air Defense batteries have been delivered to the Army's Air Defense Command. These will provide high altitude defense against ballistic missiles. They have been assigned to 4th Battalion, 5th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, ADCOM.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

In other news:
Today the Senate condemed the emporer's unauthorized use of criminals to clear the monster infested pirate's bay harbour. Letting these dangerous savages loose in our territorial waters with weapons, and high explosives is just madness!!!

Also this afternoon a deranged Terrorist shot Senator Richard Frye, the leader of the Traditionalist Faction of the Senate, Senator Frye has been most outspoken in his oposition to Emporer Colin's giving away our valuable resources.

Other Excesses from the Emporer including his renaming by proclamation, the southern region to Minas Morgil, and the Airbase located there to Barad-dur.

Colin turned off the Television, they hadn't reported that the "Terrorist" was actually the older brother of one of Senator Frye's underaged "Student Interns" at least until she had been fired for "getting in a family way", besides, the boy had been a lousy shot, he had emptied his full clip firing sideways, and had only injured the basturd on a lucky riccochete hitting the senator's arse. As far as he could see this was the Third Intern this year to be terminated for this. The Traditionalists had the media tight in their corner, and turning a blind eye to their other abuses. Like thier turning an obscene profit over the housing crunch following the disaster, or rumors that someone was stealing aid sent in from the BRs neighbors.

Besides he had other reasons for renaming the southern region's main military base Barad-dur. Since he was paying the pardoned military criminals out of his personal expenses, he had come up with a name for the dark minons.

picking up his scrambled phone:
"Sauron to Witchking"
"Witchking?, Call me Snake everyone else does?"
"I need my Dark Riders to do something"
"Off Frye?"
"No, that would just make him a martar, and give his people more ammunition. especially after the 'Assassination Attempt'. I need to kill some foriegn interests. There's some nasty deals between the Traditonalists and the Libertopians."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

BBC Reports

"...In International News OMSK senior military members met for the formation of a Joint Anti-Terrorist rapid reaction task force. Both the future makeup of this force as well as basing concerns were discussed at the meeting and a tentative agreement was reached. No details have yet been released but a Senior offical in the Red Technocracy stated that this will correct a serious flaw in the current OMSK military posture."

"...In national news Launch Complex 1 has been fully repaired following last week's accident. Tonight the first test rocket since the accident will be launch, no issues are expected with this launch but the satellite has been removed from the rocket and replaced with a sensor package designed to fully record all visual and audio data from the flight."

"...in other news two UKB ships were attacked off the coast of Atlantis just south of the reported attack on a Shroomian freighter, not causalities were sustained and the creatures were swiftly killed after being forced to the surface by depth charges."

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Projected launch at UKB 2nd launchpad at Outer Heaven goes as planned

The Proton lifted an 8-ton payload, which was watched closely from Flight Control Centers in all OMSK Pact nations.

The payload was deorbited, landing in Byzantium's Constantinopole Airport. It was met by a team of state and military officials, who immediately transferred the object via a Red Techocracy An-124 cargo liner from the same airfield, to the U.K.B. launch sites.

Two passengers were returned from space:
Constantinopole, Byzantium, Sophia Temple: the chief of Byzantium's air and space ministry presents the passengers

- We hail this great success and co-operation between O.M.S.K. nations, and we wish to see yet greater accomplishments in the future, - noted U.A.C. spokesman John Klushko.

Anti-terrorist unit talks proceed to rattle the Supreme Council

It is no secret that the Secretary General has been thinking about forming such a unit since we first heard of those vile terrorist acts in Pezookia. But to meet successful mobility requirements over the archipelago, as well as being able to reach the most likely destinations to terrorist bases - Libertia - the costs and armament of such a group must truly be enormous.

And this raised a twofold issue, first, the costs, and second, the ability of such a group to go rogue itself, wielding such power, and possibly crush smaller states on the slightest evidence.

The Supreme Council, unable to reach an agreement, suspended the debates until after New Year.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Ashford Times Headlines in Brief

Dept. of Defense Takes Delivery of First Wolfhound Bikes
Bikes intended for MPs, Marine Force Recon

Mysterious Blob Washes Up Near NAS Lamperouge
Navy suspects connection with krakens

Monster Corpses Sent to Fort Strassman for Analysis
Noctodiles, giant man-eating isopods to be studied by Army scientists

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? Y / N
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Constantinople Times

News Headlines
Byzantium will invest in O.M.S.K Space exploratory program
The Byzantium government has agreed to invest 4 billion dollars in the O.M.S.K. space program.

"We believe in the exploration of space, and we are happy to join the rest of O.M.S.K in celebrating the latest success in the Space Program where two dogs were sent to space." says the Emperor of Byzantium.

The Emperor sent letters thanking the leaders of O.M.S.K for allowing Byzantium to invest in the great Space program.

ADDENDUM: "Byzantium invests 1 billion in RAR Division's "nukebeard" concept; will be primary contractor for nukebeard"
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Minerva

Leviathan Study

Hirohito Institute: The Ministry of Science's Department of Biology has released the following studies on L. Saddamistani, now confirmed to be a distinct species from L. Piraticus or Noctodile, found in Pirate Bay.

Apparently, L. Saddamistani grow rather quickly. The newborns captured earlier for study have gone from weighing between three to four kilograms and being slightly more than half a meter long have grown to juveniles in eight months, measuring three meters long and weigh 250 kilograms and basic reprouductive fuctions working. In terms of behavior, younger Leviathans tend to serch silt for food using their forlimps to uncover crabs and such, moving onto the more advanced forms of predatory behavior hunting in predatory schools at about six months, at which point they have fully fuctional lungs. In a special landbased section of the tests involving pigs, it has been confirmed that on land, Leviathans act as social ambush predators, waiting for prey to come to them while hiding, then mobbing them using a short burst of speed to charge down prey and take it down using jawpower and claws. There is very little Leviathans can not stomach, they have eaten along with their ususal diet of Chum, fruit and potatoes. A dangerious thought is the fact of Leviathan Reproduction, an Leviathan can grow to adulthood in a very short amount of time and produce at least forty young in one period. Combined with their Hermaphroditic reproduction, a pair of leviathans could give rise to thousands of decendants in a period of five years. As well as a keen sense of vision and smell, they also have highly developed electromagnetic senses and some scientists beleive that they might even communicate via radio.

"They are Remarkable Creatures" Doctor Ellen Takashi told reporters "An Apex predator capable of being highly effective on land and at sea, living off almost anything with a powerful arsenal of sensory organs, Claws and Jaws. At least Krakens stay in the water."
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor