SDNW5 Preliminary Discussion Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNW5 Preliminary Discussion Thread

Post by Imperial528 »

*Cernan considers joining in silliness, decides against it. Goes back to sipping a warm cup of SPACE TEA while watching a match of ORK VS CRAB arm wrestling on the SPACE PUB's flat screen*
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Simon_Jester wrote:Let's carry this over to commentary, okay?
Okay then...who wants to go hunting the Space Pirates?

(or the SPACE VIKINGS for that matter)
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Grrahhh....

I hear-by pause the duel for now. Note Migraines are NOT very Bishy -_-
Expect me to make jokes about Blackstar in the future however. (Pops a bunch of aspirin and heads to bed)
Humbug! Very well, the duel will be finished later. And then the joke's on you! *cackles*

Kierger: "What's this about novice psykers? They need training? Have no fear, the Center of Special Abilities would like to help out! Our training is rigorous, but it follows a high standard respected by the cosmos! You just need to sign here, and here, and here...."
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

"Nah, we're already good with our League buddies !"

*catch the League's ambassador in his arm*

"Am I right, dude ?"
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

'Why do I suddenly feel sorry for the League...' (Arcadian)

'We both know the answer to that question...' (Furling)

'AND WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY PSYKERS OF OUR OWN!!' (Both of them)
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Force Lord wrote:Kierger: "What's this about novice psykers? They need training? Have no fear, the Center of Special Abilities would like to help out! Our training is rigorous, but it follows a high standard respected by the cosmos! You just need to sign here, and here, and here...."
[Leagueofthoughtonians challenge your espers to a brainwrestling match]
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Force Lord wrote:Kierger: "What's this about novice psykers? They need training? Have no fear, the Center of Special Abilities would like to help out! Our training is rigorous, but it follows a high standard respected by the cosmos! You just need to sign here, and here, and here...."
[Leagueofthoughtonians challenge your espers to a brainwrestling match]
Kierger: "You don't say? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED."
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

SPACE ANNOUNCERS:

"Over to you, Ben."

[awaits League reply, covered by other SPACE ANNOUNCER]
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Force Lord wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Grrahhh....

I hear-by pause the duel for now. Note Migraines are NOT very Bishy -_-
Expect me to make jokes about Blackstar in the future however. (Pops a bunch of aspirin and heads to bed)
Humbug! Very well, the duel will be finished later. And then the joke's on you! *cackles*

Kierger: "What's this about novice psykers? They need training? Have no fear, the Center of Special Abilities would like to help out! Our training is rigorous, but it follows a high standard respected by the cosmos! You just need to sign here, and here, and here...."
(rubs head) oh mannn... was I out of it last nigh :P Did I really use the words "intersteller furry convention???" :wtf:
I have this dim memory of actually planning on totally junking my current nation and backstory and doing an nation based solely upon the concept of a civilization of Bishonen and Yaoi drones, a weird Anti-Amazons civilization. I woke up this morning finding I had actually writing stuff... stuff I hope shall never ever see the light of day (shivers)
In other news, if we ARE discussing the training of "Psykers" and mental people. One of my member planet has a whole race that has advanced mental training, can speak to each other mentally, mentally translate almost any language, and various "other" things.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:(rubs head) oh mannn... was I out of it last nigh :P Did I really use the words "intersteller furry convention???" :wtf:
I have this dim memory of actually planning on totally junking my current nation and backstory and doing an nation based solely upon the concept of a civilization of Bishonen and Yaoi drones, a weird Anti-Amazons civilization. I woke up this morning finding I had actually writing stuff... stuff I hope shall never ever see the light of day (shivers)
[modhat off]

I share this hope.:wtf: :shock:

[modhat on]

There is, strictly speaking, nothing in the rules that you can't create a nation based on this, though since it's a one trick... pony, I doubt it's more than small-micronation material. I'd seriously intended to reference a one-planet Amazon civilization at some point, and turnabout is, strictly speaking, fair play.

[modhat off]

I still share the hope that this never sees the light of day. :wtf: :shock:
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Darkevilme wrote:Is there anything humans could do that wouldn't be more proof of their inferiority to the Hoavi?
No, but there are differences in amount.

The Scumdogs do say that coupling with the apes was the stupidest thing they had ever done, though.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Bah, I don't have a stable of characters to draw a duelist from. :(
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

White Haven wrote:Bah, I don't have a stable of characters to draw a duelist from. :(
[Centralist duelist is informed that League counterpart was not available]

"Man, they chickened out or something? Honestly, I was a little shaken too."
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

White Haven, that's the first thing you need to do- characters.

I have GOT to get you to read the Pleistocene Exile novels. Shit, I'll mail you my copy of the first book if I can find it...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

White Haven wrote:Bah, I don't have a stable of characters to draw a duelist from. :(
You know you don;t have to.. thats part of the fun.. I just used "Myself" to duel Force Lord.
Thats part of real wild Role Play. You just make shit up as you go along :) Try it some time.

Ask yourself.. "What sort of mighty Warrior would "White Haven" be?"
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Heh, take a raincheck, Forcie. My only established League characters so far are either centuries dead, or only in the larval form of a Murderous Rage badass. Your time will come...
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

White Haven wrote:Heh, take a raincheck, Forcie. My only established League characters so far are either centuries dead, or only in the larval form of a Murderous Rage badass. Your time will come...
I'll be waiting, and in the meantime...

...I'll admire my new raincheck. :mrgreen:
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

"And next on ISPN, results of the arenas on the World of Tanks..."
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Scottish Ninja wrote:"And next on ISPN, results of the arenas on the World of Tanks..."
[sees scoreboard, eyes widen]

"HAAAAAAX!!!"
Feralgnoll
Padawan Learner

Post by Feralgnoll »

OmegaChief wrote:Clearly this is why the Orks replace thier arms with giant mechnical claws, designed specifically for arm wrestling giant crabs.

Because that is exactlyt he sort of thing Orks would do.

YES! haha. If the Orks can set up the truck stops and fast food stations of the interstellar trade routes, then I believe the Crabs might give a bigmuthafucking discount to deliveries there. Because the Crab Goddess fuckin approves of Ork/Crab claw wraslin.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

For the record, SDNW4 orks were a little mellower than 40k orks. They're really not all that much more violent than, say, Attila the Hun.

And like Attila the Hun, they enjoy a good drunken party, even when no one gets blown to bits or has their arm pincered off by a giant enemy crab, although that always helps.

I see no reason for this to change in SDNW5, should we choose to re-import the orks.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

In the meantime, the Bees are looking at all this with a collective sense of utter bafflement. Obviously, non-giant-swarm-minds are deeply unstable.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Homura: Your "training," if it can be called that, also turns them into psychologically scarred Manchurian candidates. You forgot to mention that, though I'm sure it's in the fine print of that contract you want them to sign.

Nanoha: In any case, the Holy Empire's own civilian and military esper academies would be more than happy to accept students from the Nation. They will learn from among the best and greatest, including yours truly. In the meantime, though, since the League of Thought apparently refuses of partake in the Centralists' challenge, I will do so on their behalf, though a one-on-one fight would certainly not be fair. Instead, the Centrality will send ten of its best espers to face me. They will learn first-hand why I'm the White Devil and they're a bunch of black-garbed schmucks.
Crossroads Inc. wrote:I have this dim memory of actually planning on totally junking my current nation and backstory and doing an nation based solely upon the concept of a civilization of Bishonen and Yaoi drones, a weird Anti-Amazons civilization. I woke up this morning finding I had actually writing stuff... stuff I hope shall never ever see the light of day (shivers)
Such a civilization would have an extremely short life expectancy, especially if a certain Puella Magi has her way. They will be cast back into the darkness from whence they came, but not before they see a bright light in their skies... :twisted:
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Scottish Ninja wrote:"And next on ISPN, results of the arenas on the World of Tanks..."
The World of Tanks...

A planet that is nothing but one constant world wide tank battle, using tanks from all nations at all points of history, this has so got to be a Micronation now.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Wouldn't that be an Authority's Shield planet ? That's what I thought about, first.