Space STGOD diplomacy thread.(2K9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Re: Space STGOD diplomacy thread.

Post by Thirdfain »

"Not at all. It has been a pleasure."

The Ouster bowed akwardly- it was not sensible to bow in zero-g, and the action was pretty much a diplomatic nicety.

"I'm glad to see not all powers view us with such xenophobia and prejudice."

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Shelton almost laughed. "Speaker, it would be difficult. Our Republic encompasses no less than three entirely distinct sapient species, and has close trade ties with even more." He chuckled and took his drink back from his aide. "Undersecretary Hrothgolor over there," he said, nodding at a red-skinned Ronoghan close by, "is the sub-minister of the Commerce Department responsible for international trade, in fact. It's him you'll deal with to work out the important details of the arrangement. The Senate will have to approve the eventual treaty, but I don't foresee that as a difficulty." He took a sip of the brandy and grinned.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

Warship of the Hajr Devour
UN Station

A kilometer of dull black metal hung in space just off of the UN station. From stem to stern, the ship was clearly no diplomatic courier. Her flanks were dotted with sleek gun-turrets, and she had clearly been built around a brace of powerful spinal-mounted heavy weapons. There were portals cut into her hull which could only be torpedo tubes. Small defense turrets glared with baleful passive sensors at any passing vessel, endlessly paranoid at the threat of missile attack. She was a Strike Cruiser of the Destined Victor class, the WOTH Devour. The gaping maw of her primary wave motion cannon provided an easy explanation for her moniker- she was poised and predatory, seemingly prepared to rip great rents in her prey.

Inside, the ship was a warren of cramped passages and bustling humanity. Crewmembers moved about effortlessly, clambering like spiders, gripping with their strange, articulated feet and long fingers. In their own environment, the Ousters were absurdly adept. To board a ship like the Devour would be to invite a bloodbath.

The Hajr's delegation had declined diplomatic quarters, preferring instead to remain in the weightless environment of the warship. Behind closed doors and a guard of espatiers, inhuman in their quintapedal power-armour, the Hajr delegates made palaver.

Sanje "sat" on a wall, grasping lightly with his feet. "The situation appears to be more complicated than we had hoped. I spoke with the flatlanders from the Foundation Empire. They are extremely hostile. I do not doubt that they would react strongly to our more... overt operations."

"Perhaps, but they are a Core people. They are fat and happy, removed by great distances from our territories. What threat could they present?" Speaking was Keer, his immediate junior.

Sanje made a gesture of negation. "While I could not be sure they would intervene directly, they would certianly turn their immense political clout against us- at the very least. The Core as a whole is far stronger than we. That being the case, I am certain that Plan Attila would be foolishness at this point. I will recommend to the Speaker that it be put on hold."

"Indeed. However, I noticed that our immediate neighbors seem more predisposed to co-operation. I think it would be counter productive to make them our enemies. In particular, I believe that the Star Kingdom of Kaeleer and the Empire of the Sky could be great allies, if we align our interests with theirs. They are pragmatic, and do not want needless conflict- and like us, they desire power." Keer seemed most pleased at the prospect.

Sanje responded with the gesture of assent. "Our feelers towards the Machines and the Nashtari republicans were similarly warm. We must seek peace along those borders. However, the Hajr can not have peace everywhere. I believe there is a weak spot we can exploit."

Keer nodded. She had seen it too. "Plan Vesper, then?"

"Plan Vesper is the only path at the moment. I will go and speak with those parties most involved. Excellent work, brothers and sisters. Your dedication to the Hajr and competence will be noted."

On the UN station, at the quarters of the delegation from the Empire of the Sky, a doorbell chimed.

"Bondman-Voice Sanje here to see you, your excellency."

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Thirdfain wrote: On the UN station, at the quarters of the delegation from the Empire of the Sky, a doorbell chimed.

"Bondman-Voice Sanje here to see you, your excellency."
An aide led Bondman-Voice Sanje to the ambassador's office and sent a quick info thought into it.
Ambassador Turanat looked up from his desk a bit surprised. He wasn't counting on any other visitors after the Foundation ambassador had left. And he realldy did not expect it to be the Ousters. He waved his hand and the door opened.
From what he knew about the Ousters, they would be quite surprised to see Imperial Itan design. He had spent some hours crafting and weaving his office, so it looked as close as he could to one at home. Behind him, the magicked simulation of the Flowing-Tears mountains was still casting a golden light across the office. The walls looked like they were made of rough grey granite and light came of floating orbs of flames. His desk, a construct of shimmering and swirling dark blue translucent material so it looked almost like a manifested cloud, was covered in paper reports, strange crystal artifacts and other weird constructs the Ouster wouldn't understand. In essence, it looked strange...
He raised and smiled, pointing a hand at a place in front of his desk, where a chair materialised at his command. "I did not expect to meet you so soon, after the rather brisk, shall we say, meeting at the reception. What brings you here, Bondman-Voice?
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"I'll start with our earlier altercation. Our people do not have telepathy. We live without physical privacy. Therefor, mental privacy is highly prized among the Clusters. It would be a grievous breach of protocol to in any way toe the line when it comes to our minds and your considerable mental powers. That being said, I have every reason to believe that our people can overlook such petty issues of protocol. The only real force in diplomacy is mutual interest, and that you and I have in spades."

The Ouster strode around the room as he spoke, running long fingers over the walls in a faintly distracted fashion. The lights of the thaumaturgic displays glinted in his eyes.

"Our trade agreement may hit... snags with regards to the Llaelar Republics. I have some reason to believe that they will move to interdict and interfere with our commerce. If this does turn out to be the case, the Hajr will act through all our means- diplomatic and military- to resolve the dispute. I hope to count on your co-operation and assistance, should this unfortunate turn of events come to pass."

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

He looked a bit embarrassed and smiled weakly. "I am sorry for the earlier incident. It is often hard for me to conciously realise that not all people share our talent and might be offended. It comes so naturally, it's like asking you not to use your arms. But I will keep my mind to myself then." He pointed at a small cabinet containing several bottles and glasses at the left side of the wall. "And before I forget all my manners, feel free to use the refreshments."
He took a small sip from a glass on his desk and was silent for a second or two. "Now..." he cleared his throat. "The Llaelar have been a nuisance of a kind to us for some time. And I am certain the Emperor will not look kindly on any attempts to disrupt our legitimate trade. In that case, we might take extreme meassures ourselves and the Llaelar be put into their rightful place." His smile turned very thin. "But let us all hope such a tragic turn of events would not come to pass, Bondman-Voice Sanje."
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Thirdfain
The Player of Games

Post by Thirdfain »

"Yes, of course I only hope for the best. That concludes our business- except for one small matter. The Hajr cordially invites you to establish an embassy at the Nike Cluster over Ecclesiopolis."

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Thirdfain wrote:"Yes, of course I only hope for the best. That concludes our business- except for one small matter. The Hajr cordially invites you to establish an embassy at the Nike Cluster over Ecclesiopolis."
"That is very generous of you," he said amiably. "Of course, we extend the same invitation to you for establising an embassy on Cruinne."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Kasan-Ono has shed her entourage, some busy in conference with Guymelus about the trade deal and the other two of the opinion that the coming business little concerns their religious or agricultural endeavours. Sides the proposal calls for things to be spread pretty evenly by royal decree, that is if the Sky Empire is agreeable to it. Nevertheless at the alloted hour Kasan makes her way to the chambers of Ehan Turanat, the ambassador for The Empire Of the Sky. She slows for a few moments as she notices the envoy of the Mysterious Ousters just leaving. She files it away for future wondering about what the two discussed and just what the Ousters motives are then proceeds to her appointment.

“Ambassador Kasan-Ono Of Cyris to see you, your excellency.”
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Huh boy, this is a busy day, he thought as his aide led the next ambassador into his office.
"Ambassador," he said to the ambassador as he was led into his office. "It is a pleasure to meet you again. What can I do for you?"
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

“I have come to discuss a trade proposal between the Chamaran dominion and the Sky Empire. Put simply we find ourselves immensely interested in your reality manipulating art known as magic. All the noble houses have expressed an interest in acquiring such in the form of artifacts of enchantment. We believe that we can offer various luxury goods and artworks in return though if this is unacceptable i invite you to name some other price.” she offers a sensorium holding information on what they can offer. But rather than pure numbers of various items it holds the perceptions garnered from experiences involving the art and luxuries themselves, Furs, beasts, exotic woods and materials. Artwork of dozens of kinds all strange.
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

"Well," he said thoughtfully, "we have a wide range of exportable artefacts and devices available. From pleasure to war." He felt into the offered sensorium. "I am sure we can arrange something. We could be interested in exotic woods, rare materials, so I don't see any difficulties there..."
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

The chittering mob of the Chi Diplomatic Court moved down the concourse of the ancient station. Fifteen major clans had sent diplomats, who along with the Chit Clan head diplomats and bodyguards formed a huddled mass of forty bodies moving in the skittering walk of the Chi. The mini-horde surveyed every nook and cranny as they walked. Some stared at the oppressively high ceiling, others heads darted back and forth scanning for danger. The bodyguards held their energy pikes tightly, ready to expand the sympathetic field they could generate.

Seeing a delegate of the Chamarans the mob swerved quickly, sliding between a pair of food vendors. Stopping for a second in a relatively quiet area they squeaked and chattered at each other and waited, hoping their late arrival wouldn't garner too much attention.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Dahak wrote:"Well," he said thoughtfully, "we have a wide range of exportable artefacts and devices available. From pleasure to war." He felt into the offered sensorium. "I am sure we can arrange something. We could be interested in exotic woods, rare materials, so I don't see any difficulties there..."
“Excellent, our interests are extremely broad so I'm sure these new trading ties will be most fruitful. I will inform the relevant parties that the Sky Empire is agreeable so that the specifics can be arranged. It has been a pleasure talking to you."
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Re: Space STGOD diplomacy thread.(2K9)

Post by Darkevilme »

To: Llaeler Republic
Subject: A business proposal

Greetings noble lords

First let us speak frankly of your situation. To your west lies an enigmatic power of uncertain intentions that has nonetheless already conquered a minor power in the southern frontier. At your disposal lies antiquated warships with ageing weaponsystems. Therefore it would be prudent I believe for you to consider our proposal.

Clan Essena finds itself with a requirement for more material than its resource extraction capabilities can provide. Therefore in exchange for shipments of refined resources sufficient to offset this deficit and that of ramping up ordinance production we are willing to trade State of the art Chamaran fire control, missile and drone systems with the Llaeler republic.
We look forward to hearing your reply.

Ashae-Rus of Meshara, representative of Clan Essena.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Darkevilme wrote:To: Llaeler Republic
Subject: A business proposal

Greetings noble lords

First let us speak frankly of your situation. To your west lies an enigmatic power of uncertain intentions that has nonetheless already conquered a minor power in the southern frontier. At your disposal lies antiquated warships with ageing weaponsystems. Therefore it would be prudent I believe for you to consider our proposal.

Clan Essena finds itself with a requirement for more material than its resource extraction capabilities can provide. Therefore in exchange for shipments of refined resources sufficient to offset this deficit and that of ramping up ordinance production we are willing to trade State of the art Chamaran fire control, missile and drone systems with the Llaeler republic.
We look forward to hearing your reply.

Ashae-Rus of Meshara, representative of Clan Essena.
To: Clan Essena, Chamaran Dominion
From: Ambassador The Right Honorable Sir Hallrinth Lagogne
Subj: Re: Proposal

Honorable Representative Ashae-Rus, Your proposal has been sent to the highest Eschelons of my Government and is under review at this time. The Republican Parliament will consider and debate the offer with the gravest seriousness. Although I would disagree with you regarding your assessment of the Republic's proud naval forces, the suggestion of establishing more trade between our nations is in the deepest interest of my Government.

Sincerely,
The Rh. Hon. Sir Hallrith,
11th Baron of Lagogne
Unity Ambassador of the Llaelar Republic
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Minister 'Smith' sits alone in a twilit conference room on Unity Station, a carefully bland expression on his face as he reclines in a seat around the broad, circular table that dominates the room. Projected above the center of the table is a geometrician's worst nightmare, also known as a three-dimensional depiction of the Node structure of explored space. It spins slowly in the air, stars and node-lines glittering as dust particles kiss across the hologram's projecting lasers. The minister waits alone as three messages blink unread in three ambassadors' inboxes...

Code: Select all

The Novogord Cluster Authority desires a meeting at your earliest convenience to discuss matters of economic import. Minister Smith awaits your arrival in Conference Room Eleven.
(Message sent to the ambassadors of the Archelonian Union, the Foundation Imperium, and the Star Kingdom of Kaeleer)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Finally Ambassador Insculpta managed to get everyone out of his chamber and soak for a while. This was after getting a coded message from homeworld that he was forced to digest.

"Incomming message" blaired his computer

"Computer, Read Message" he replied. The computer read the message and the ambassador sighed. Still, he had work to do, and was soon out the door and in Conference Room Eleven

"Greetings Minister "smith" " Insculpta said in greeting.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

With a smile at the alien ambassador, 'Smith' rises to his feet and gives a small polite bow before waving his...counterpart? to one of the vacant seats. There are only four seats in total around the large table, a clear message sent without need for words or crude psionics. "Welcome, Ambassador Insculpta. Thank you for your gift of time. I trust you will not object to a touch more waiting, this really will require...all parties involved." His carefully-schooled neutral expression splits into what might charitably be called a grin for a few seconds, "It will, if all goes acceptably, be quite beneficial to all...four...of our nations."
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Countess Nehele entered the room quickly, handing a cloak to a servant who then stepped outside.

"Ambassador Insculpta, Mr. Smith." A polite, carefully-measured bow was directed each of her counterparts. "A pleasure as always." With that, she sat down and awaited the start of the meeting, one finger tapping steadily against the tabletop.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Exarch Decius walked into the room, followed by his aides. Bowing to the people in the room, he greeted his counterparts, "Ambassador Insculpta, Mr. Smith and Countess Nehele, greetings." He then sat down and waited.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"Greetings to all" said the massive sitting turtle. "So Mr. Smith, what have you summoned us here for?" Insculpta did not actively probe the minds of the others. Merely let any thoughts they projected enter his mind as he asked the question. Seeing what they might be thinking both of him and this meeting.
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

The Far Reaches Free Republic had finally gotten around to organizing a diplomatic mission to the UN. It had taken so long to set up because several different committees, as well as every branch of the military, wanted to have control of the mission. In the end a new committee was formed to manage the UN diplomats.

There were three principle members. Alex Druganov was the head of mission. He was hulking gene engineered soldier who had won the post based mostly on his status as a war hero rather than any diplomatic expierience. Madison Haley was a member of the Foreign Relations committee. She was a transhuman who often changed her appearance, even adding scales or the like as the mood struck her using retroviruses. There was also Patrick Fernandez a career diplomat who had been serving the Republic since before it had been one.

In order to make up for lost time the diplomatic team had agreed to split up and woe representatives from different nations and compare notes at the end of every day.

Mahou Kikai

Druganov decided to tackle the matter of the enigmatic Mahou Kikai himself. His 2.5 meter high bulk approached their ambassador and he went straight to the matter at hand.
“My name is Druganov. I am the head of mission from the Free Republic. I demand o know what your master’s goals are in this section of space. It is common knowledge they were made for war. Does the Mahou Kikai seek conquest, or something else?”
Subtlety was not Druganov’s strong point and his manner would likely be cringe inducing if Fernandez had been right there to witness it.

Tathessi Democratic Imperium

Madison Haley’s job was to talk with her Republic’s neighbor to the “south” Tathessi Democratic Imperium’s very own Ambassador Osser. The Free Republic’s citizenry as a whole had mixed opinions about the Tathessi. On one hand they were all Transhuman bioroids who had all transcended the limitations of the human body. They lived in a supposedly post scarcity society. In that way they represented what the Free Republic aspired to. On the other hand they were soft, with most of their citizens basically lounging around high all the time. It seemed they had very little fire left in them and were afraid of anything that would change the status quos. Hardly showing the spirit of revolution.

Personally Haley fit more into the first group, looking at Tathessi more with respect than in envy. Extending an arm covered in blue feathers at the moment she said,
“It’s so good to meet you Ambassador Osser! Our nations have very much to discuss. We both seek to have transhuman societies. Both our people’s are also looking for peace and progress in a dangerous universe as well, yes?”

Nashtar Republic

Patrick Fernandez’s job was to woo the Nashtar Republic. They were a democracy and one that had a revolution in their past, even if it was ancient history. Back home it was hoped that they could be persuaded to help the Free Republic’s cause.
Fernandez started out with a question in a casual tone, with a happy expression gracing his face.
“Hello Horace. So good to see you again. So tell me, what do you think of my country’s little experiment in democracy?”
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

As the last of four ambassadors arrives, 'Smith' waves everyone to seats around the table, then keys a remote sitting in front of his own. On the projection the four imperia brighten up until a chain of glowing stars burns across most of the node network.

"Thank you all for coming...and now, to business. These are our four respective territories, each contiguous, each secured by our respective militaries. I say this as a preface, not out of any assumption of ignorance on your part...what you may not yet know is that the NCA has recently stationed a heavy picket force...here."

A fresh star gleams on the display at any press of the controls, one on the very rim of the node network.

"With our position there secured, we four nations face a unique opportunity. There is only a single node line that connects the north and west sections of the network with the south and east, one far to the southwest and...the center of more than a little recent controversy. A comparison comes to mind, that of the benefits to be reaped by those who build and control a canal as an alternative to, shall we say, troubled waters."

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"you are saying that we form a cabal in order to essentially control cross-galactic commerce? If that is what you are suggesting, pending a few conditions, I am sure my government in Blandingii will agree to such an arrangement"