Bye-bye, Trinity

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

RedImperator wrote:How many bannings in the last month now? I've totally lost count.
Enough to keep everyone entertained?
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Losonti Tokash wrote:
RedImperator wrote:How many bannings in the last month now? I've totally lost count.
Enough to keep everyone entertained?
Scrolling through the HOS shows that we've had six bannings in this one-month period. The split is four from April and two from May, so far, not including the general trollery which expected to wash ashore after Ep. III comes out.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Looks like another banathon...
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Aw, man! That's another one I missed. Oh well, seems to have been over quickly.
Edi wrote:
Faqa wrote:And yet another one bites the dust....

What movie's that from, BTW? Can't seem to place it....
Predator, that's the ridiculous portable cannon that is the source of the minigun cliche.

Edi
Hey! Don't dis on Ol' Painless!
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

xBlackFlash wrote:Looks like another banathon...
It's not banathon, it's "Active Member Purge." *quote fingers*
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

That was brief. Did I miss the prior showdowns?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Why do we seem to only get the half-assed American-built trolls, instead of the fancy Japanese ones that can last more than a dozen posts without buckling?
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Ender wrote:That was brief. Did I miss the prior showdowns?
The prior showdowns are all right here. I don't think there was too much of a buildup.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Surlethe wrote:
The prior showdowns are all right here. I don't think there was too much of a buildup.
Trinity was a bit lame in the "falling in love" thread in ARSE, but I think that's about it.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

And here we have an example of the 'attitude problem'. Usually brought on in certain people by alcohol, but sometimes an innate trait of the troll's personality. This particular one met its entertainingly messy end by repeatedly firing flames point-blank range at the Emperor after she responded to a warning she was given about spam and rudeness with flames of a distinctly catty bent.

On a 1-10 scale
Offensiveness: 5. Catty as she was, it wasn't really too remarkable
Trolling Duration: 3. This one decayed pretty quick
Stupidity: 9. C'mon, flaming and insulting the Emperor. Can you say 'death wish'? :lol: :lol:
Image Image
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Lagmonster wrote:Why do we seem to only get the half-assed American-built trolls, instead of the fancy Japanese ones that can last more than a dozen posts without buckling?
FUQ! FUQ FUQ FUUUUUUUUUUUUQ!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Image
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:And here we have an example of the 'attitude problem'. Usually brought on in certain people by alcohol, but sometimes an innate trait of the troll's personality. This particular one met its entertainingly messy end by repeatedly firing flames point-blank range at the Emperor after she responded to a warning she was given about spam and rudeness with flames of a distinctly catty bent.

On a 1-10 scale
Stupidity: 9. C'mon, flaming and insulting the Emperor. Can you say 'death wish'? :lol: :lol:
Was it definitely a chick, then?
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Tasoth wrote:
xBlackFlash wrote:Looks like another banathon...
It's not banathon, it's "Active Member Purge." *quote fingers*
Yeah, It was only a short while ago that Assassin X was ditched in Banathon III, and that was two and a half years into the board's history. Let's not cheapen the term. ;)

On another note: there seem to be quite a few members with a zero postcount, and by "quite a few" I mean over 300, most of which joined only very recently. Isn't this a bit of a unsafe state of affairs?

(When I joined five and a half months ago there were under 2000 members, now there are almost 2400).

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The "falling in love" thread where he/she/it bitched and cried about how there's no such thing as real love and how people who think they're in love are delusional or some other shit like that. Sounds like a prime candidate for the AYVB, and hopefully s/he/it remains a virgin.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Ummm, why doesn't her title say banned? Is she still around or does the site wait for an update, oooor, what's up with that?
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

UCBooties wrote:Ummm, why doesn't her title say banned? Is she still around or does the site wait for an update, oooor, what's up with that?
I think the Admins need to specifically change the title.

althornin
Youngling

Post by althornin »

huh.
I guess I read her posts differently than most of you - didn't really see anything ban-worthy there.
Must be differences of interpretation.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Zaia wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:And here we have an example of the 'attitude problem'. Usually brought on in certain people by alcohol, but sometimes an innate trait of the troll's personality. This particular one met its entertainingly messy end by repeatedly firing flames point-blank range at the Emperor after she responded to a warning she was given about spam and rudeness with flames of a distinctly catty bent.

On a 1-10 scale
Was it definitely a chick, then?
I was ***** typing that (in fact I still am) so I really don't know definitively.
Image Image
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

althornin wrote:huh.
I guess I read her posts differently than most of you - didn't really see anything ban-worthy there.
I counted at least three.

* Style over substance bullshit, i.e. acting like a whiney little bitch when called a "fucktard". Insults with substance are not forbidden here, particularly when you deserve them and moreso when they are delivered by an Admin as a warning.

* Not cutting his/her losses when dumped in the HoS, but continuing on the same track. See, when an Admin gives a warning, there is a good reason for it. Trinity got several, and continued bitching regardless.

* Accusations of staff abuse of power w/o proper procedures (i.e. starting a flamefest indtead of PMing and Admin).

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

althornin wrote:huh.
He/she/it was in direct violation of the rule concerning flaming the moderators for doing their jobs, which basically reads "don't."
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Fucking brilliant Trinity. Glad you got yourself banned rather then us having to put up with your attitude for a while. :D
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

All the trolls are coming out of the woodwork. In two weeks, both Star Trek and the Star Wars sextology will be over. I expect a few crash-and-burn trolls for a few days in may.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Shinova wrote:Wheeee. And the nut didn't even read the OP.
You can add the FAQ's and Announcements to that list, from the looks of things.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:All the trolls are coming out of the woodwork. In two weeks, both Star Trek and the Star Wars sextology will be over. I expect a few crash-and-burn trolls for a few days in may.
also, most colleges and university semesters (in North America anyway) are ending this week. Popcorn anyone?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:All the trolls are coming out of the woodwork. In two weeks, both Star Trek and the Star Wars sextology will be over. I expect a few crash-and-burn trolls for a few days in may.
also, most colleges and university semesters (in North America anyway) are ending this week. Popcorn anyone?
And then high schools in another couple weeks...
JADAFETWA