BSG Webisodes

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

BSG Webisodes

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

First one's out. Check it out here.

They update every Tuesday/Thursday at midnight GMT-5 (EDT).
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Woah! What are these? I just started and.. are they sorta like ministories? Or together stitch an episode?
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Ministories.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

something tells me the chief is gonna get fucked over... :(
AK_Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by AK_Jedi »

Only 4 minutes each? This is going to be excrutiating waiting for them all.
Why does he keep looking at you in the same way a starving man looks at a packet of peanuts?
It's because he can't wait to get the wrapper off and taste the salty goodness! --Kryten, Red Dwarf

Understanding is a very loaded word. --Dr. Paul
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

Anyone else having problems playing them? I get to the "episode will be played after advertisment" text and then it hangs. :?
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

mmar wrote:Anyone else having problems playing them? I get to the "episode will be played after advertisment" text and then it hangs. :?
Ditto - very frustrating!
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Pulse
Redshirt

Post by Pulse »

I don't think they are avaliable outside the U.S. I tried getting to them from the Sci Fi Battlestar home page at http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/home.html and got. "We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip.
This space is open to any inquiries at the moment...
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I'm sure it will be available by other means, in fact I'm certain of it.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

To the Torrents!!!
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

Pretty good. Its great that they're twice a week. They'll help pass the next month nicely.

On a side note can anyone else see Tigh going totally Kurtz. Though I doubt they'll be able to send Martin Sheen after him.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Is this a spoiler thread, because I don't want to use small text.

Anyway, the statement that the Cylons claim the person with the weapons stash was reaching for a gun when they shot him is interesting. Possible reference to Centurions being able to speak to and communicate with humans?

I hope so...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

pretty good, interesting new characters :) although only three minutes, so :( However, it could be longer next time!

sidenote: Have the Colonials ever managed to kill Centurions withe the sub-machine guns they have? In any episode?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

DrMckay wrote:pretty good, interesting new characters :) although only three minutes, so :( However, it could be longer next time!

sidenote: Have the Colonials ever managed to kill Centurions withe the sub-machine guns they have? In any episode?
Now that I think about it, I can only recall Centurion kills with either pistols or rocket pistols. And one Centurion was taken out by Caprica-Sharon on Kobol with a grenade. I've only seen up to Season 2.0 though.
AK_Jedi
Padawan Learner

Post by AK_Jedi »

For the poor people who can't download it from scifi.com, here it is available on youtube.
Why does he keep looking at you in the same way a starving man looks at a packet of peanuts?
It's because he can't wait to get the wrapper off and taste the salty goodness! --Kryten, Red Dwarf

Understanding is a very loaded word. --Dr. Paul
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

So...how did the crew of the Galactica end up...nowhere near the Galactica in any way, shape, or form? Or did I miss something rather large.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

White Haven wrote:So...how did the crew of the Galactica end up...nowhere near the Galactica in any way, shape, or form? Or did I miss something rather large.
Did you not watch the season finale or something?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

White Haven wrote:So...how did the crew of the Galactica end up...nowhere near the Galactica in any way, shape, or form? Or did I miss something rather large.?

Yes, you might say that.

I would HIGHLY recommend seeing the second half of season 2 before viewing any more webisodes, or even thinking about watching season 3.

The answer to your question is the culmination of multiple....things.
Sorry, can't say more without spoiling the season finale for you.

Just what exactly is the last episode you remember watching?
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

White Haven wrote:So...how did the crew of the Galactica end up...nowhere near the Galactica in any way, shape, or form? Or did I miss something rather large.
..................yeah, you missed some stuff. Definitely missed a lot of stuff.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Y'know, like a complete paradigm shift of the show's premise.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

White Haven doesn't get cable folks. He has to wait for DVD releases, so the last episode he saw was 'Pegasus'. Don't spoil it here.

That's my job.
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

Wow, that was very very cool. And yet another proof that the nBSG team is the most willing to try new things on TV these days. Some other shows had very small online clips I belive, but nBSG is the only one which will (after all the webisodes have been shown) have a whole full lenght episode made specificly for free online.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Finally got to watch it. Thank you, youtube, because sci-fi.com is useless.

As per usual with nBSG, I'm worrying over minutae- like the Cylons finding weapons caches. Those are precious weapons that the fleet will never get back, and I highly doubt the fleet has the ability to just manufacture new firearms.

Then again, we know they can build new Vipers and new ammunition, so maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Alright you heard 'em.
Nobody spoil the season finale where Galactica finds Earth, spawning the renaming of season 3 to Galactica 2080.

*runs*
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

I'm hoping this will be the time when Colonel Tigh gets to become the badass that he once was during the first Cylon war.. from the way it looks in the first minisode, Tyrol is gaining some measure of respect for the man he was decidely lacking in the miniseries.