Magog vs. the Empire

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Magog vs. the Empire

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

Let's say the Magog worldship has successfully destroyed what was left of the Commonwealth and is moving on. They eventually come across the Empire. Who will win?
"Nietzche is dead"-God
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok I'll take the Pro Empire Postion as I know alot more about them than the Evil Teddy Bear Magag

Where to start with The Magag have numbers, Lots and lots of numbers, On the flip side the lack convetional weapons resorting to Swarm-tatics and thier Ships are exremtly lacking. Thier basic Ship is an unarmed fast but armored APC of Sorts

The world-ship itself has Point Defense Batterys of some sort but considering if I remeber right that the Andromida gets hit once or twice they can't be increabily powerful as the Andromida does not have the best of Hulls

The Worldship itself would be a hard kill, Consdering you'd have to Destroy both the Batterys and the Big Rocks/Mini World themselves, which would need a world Devstator or Superlaser of some sort to kill. The fact they are lead by a demi-god tips things in thier favor but in the end they lack any real weapons to Break through SW shields
They could ravage the underpopluated planets but for the most part any planet with a Shield could go Turtle and Win.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Crossover_Maniac
Padawan Learner

Post by Crossover_Maniac »

Mr Bean wrote:Ok I'll take the Pro Empire Postion as I know alot more about them than the Evil Teddy Bear Magag

Where to start with The Magag have numbers, Lots and lots of numbers,
Several trillion to be exact on the worldship alone, and they reproduce very rapidly. One human host can carry a dozen Magog larva and are 'born' within a few weeks of infecting a human. A million hosts could lead to 12 million Magog in a matter of months depending on how much food is available. The Magog can ravage the entire population of a world.
The world-ship itself has Point Defense Batterys of some sort but considering if I remeber right that the Andromida gets hit once or twice they can't be increabily powerful as the Andromida does not have the best of Hulls
Point Singularity Projectile (PSP) Weapons. Those are projectiles the mass of small planets compessed to the size of bullets traveling at 0.5 c. PSP's can destroy entire planets. As a rule, the larger the mass of the target, the more damage it does.
The Worldship itself would be a hard kill, Consdering you'd have to Destroy both the Batterys and the Big Rocks/Mini World themselves, which would need a world Devstator or Superlaser of some sort to kill.
I doubt either will do. The worldship is powered by an artifical star in the center of the twenty worlds. That star was hit by a Nova bomb and exploded. And the worldship still wasn't destroyed. It's power source was only cut off for a few years while it draw hydrogen atoms from the interplanetary medium.
The fact they are lead by a demi-god tips things in thier favor but in the end they lack any real weapons to Break through SW shields
They could ravage the underpopluated planets but for the most part any planet with a Shield could go Turtle and Win.
Any shielded world would be targeted by the PSP's leaving all of the underpopulated planets for Magog breeding grounds.
"Nietzche is dead"-God
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Several trillion to be exact on the worldship alone, and they reproduce very rapidly. One human host can carry a dozen Magog larva and are 'born' within a few weeks of infecting a human. A million hosts could lead to 12 million Magog in a matter of months depending on how much food is available. The Magog can ravage the entire population of a world.
Like I said they have numbers, However the problem lies in feeding of those Magog, And agian this assume that the Empire gives them the bodys, Depending on the Time Period I can see some Imperal Commanders Doing Slash and Burns on the Polpulace and Food Supplies to Prevent Magog infestion and also numbers help when you have some way of getting them around, A billion magog is a nice number but all it realy means is you have a bunch of Targets sitting togther
Point Singularity Projectile (PSP) Weapons. Those are projectiles the mass of small planets compessed to the size of bullets traveling at 0.5 c. PSP's can destroy entire planets. As a rule, the larger the mass of the target, the more damage it does.
Err realy? How exactly does that work? Somthing more massive its done more damage? Care explaing that? Oh and how would these work aginst SW Particule Shields, Considering SW already has(As I was corrected previously) Gravity Shielding
I doubt either will do. The worldship is powered by an artifical star in the center of the twenty worlds. That star was hit by a Nova bomb and exploded. And the worldship still wasn't destroyed. It's power source was only cut off for a few years while it draw hydrogen atoms from the interplanetary medium.
One of the few Epsoides that I did see, The Star Was Artifical, However I ask you if I blew up one of the Planets would I not be killing 50-1Trillion Magogs? A rather big dent? And how quickly could you replace them? Remeber they ran after the (Small mind you) artifical Sun was destroy so they have plenty of time to patch a new one togther or however they do it

Any shielded world would be targeted by the PSP's leaving all of the underpopulated planets for Magog breeding grounds.
Agian Assuming 100% one shot effetivness by SW forces

I'm thinking we should see these Bullets as nothing more than Big Kinetic Weapons, Somthing SW traditonaly has been pretty good at handeling

Also if you could find some ranges for those bullets please

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Renewed_Valour1
Padawan Learner

Post by Renewed_Valour1 »

Mr Bean wrote:Thier basic Ship is an unarmed fast but armored APC of Sorts.
At least some of their vessels are equipped with point singularity projectors. We have seen two distinct types of swarmships on the show. Most likely there is a split some are unarmed transports and the rest are the capital ships that are armed with point singularity projectors.

quote="Mr Bean"]The world-ship itself has Point Defense Batterys of some sort but considering if I remeber right that the Andromida gets hit once or twice they can't be increabily powerful as the Andromida does not have the best of Hulls.[/quote]

Uhm a PSP hitting the shields of any Star Wars vessel would overload them punch right through one side of the ship and out the other. The only thing that saved the Andromeda is the PSPs move at 50 PSL and the hull of a starship doesn't offer much resistance. Now if you hit a planet with one you'll have a nice cracked planet but hit a starship hull and you'll have a large hole punched clean through it. The other thing that saved the Andromeda is the fact that her AG fields are very powerful and reinforce the hull. They've allowed her to operate on the edge of other blackholes with no ill effects.

Remember what you're dealing with is akin to having the Earth squished into a ball a few centimeters across and hurled at you at 50 PSL. That's a lot of kinetic energy many times worse than say crashing your ship square into a planet at 50 PSL. Plus you have the nasty effects of a blackhole. I don't think any Star Wars Vessels have sufficient shield power to stop that and even the Death Star would be hard pressed to handle more than one if it could even do that.

Mr Bean wrote:They could ravage the underpopluated planets but for the most part any planet with a Shield could go Turtle and Win.
Again PSP bombardment would take care of that. A single PSP might not drop the shields but hit them with several a second for a while and you have a very different matter. We also have to consider that Star War planetary shields don't block gravity otherwise they'd be flung out of orbit into deep space whenever they raised the shields. A single PSP even in close proximity to the planet would cause seismic upheavals, tides, and other bad things on a massive scale even if it only hits the shield or for that matter skims along pass never hitting them. Even if the shields could take a extended bombardment the first few PSPs would slag the population through sheer gravity.
Renewed_Valour1
Padawan Learner

Post by Renewed_Valour1 »

Renewed_Valour1 wrote: Even if the shields could take a extended bombardment the first few PSPs would slag the population through sheer gravity.
My bet though which I forgot to post is that no shield Death Star or even planetary can stop the massive amounts of KE a PSP packs.