BattletechVsOther Sci-fi

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm considered a major BTech fan, and I can assure you, BTech is in no shape to take on ANY sci-fi universe. They lack the tech advantage, and considering even KT-level nukes are supposed to be capable of destroying WarShips...

Of course, we BTech fans don't have the performance issues of other sci-fi fan groups, we're perfectly happy with our universe's finely-detailed history, plethora of source material (looks at sourcebook collection, every FM save for FM: Mercs as well as Shattered Sphere and The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky), morally gray atmosphere (skeletons in every state's closet, no goody-two-shoes Feddies), and nicely-written novels.

If you want more proof of my BTech fanhood, just look at my avatar:
<-----

The symbol of the Federated Commonwealth. Long live Prince Victor! Death to the tyrant usurper Katherine!

Of course, in MegaMek I'm usually pro-Marik like LordChaos and another BTecher. :) So, long live House Marik and the Free Worlds League!

(Yes, I'm crazy; I can't help myself sometimes.)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Straha wrote:You can at least try.
Perhaps you missed the part where I say "I tried both"

You, like Phong, will also find a gift basket at your front door, set to max yeild
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Steve wrote:I'm considered a major BTech fan, and I can assure you, BTech is in no shape to take on ANY sci-fi universe. They lack the tech advantage, and considering even KT-level nukes are supposed to be capable of destroying WarShips...

Of course, we BTech fans don't have the performance issues of other sci-fi fan groups, we're perfectly happy with our universe's finely-detailed history, plethora of source material (looks at sourcebook collection, every FM save for FM: Mercs as well as Shattered Sphere and The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky), morally gray atmosphere (skeletons in every state's closet, no goody-two-shoes Feddies), and nicely-written novels.

If you want more proof of my BTech fanhood, just look at my avatar:
<-----

The symbol of the Federated Commonwealth. Long live Prince Victor! Death to the tyrant usurper Katherine!

Of course, in MegaMek I'm usually pro-Marik like LordChaos and another BTecher. :) So, long live House Marik and the Free Worlds League!

(Yes, I'm crazy; I can't help myself sometimes.)
Same here, though it does burn me that some people dislike BTech simply for being so underpowered compared to other sci-fi universes (I direct your attention to the infamous thread I started on ASVS)

Oh, and FedCom sucks :P Long live Kurita! :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

RayCav of ASVS wrote:

You, like Phong, will also find a gift basket at your front door, set to max yeild

Ohhh I'm scared!!! :roll: Go ahead give me a bomb, i'll just crush it with my Warhawk, a "Masakari" to you innner sphere free birth. And then you will learn the true fear Snow Raven instills.

By the way I am a Davion(After clan Snow Raven of course) partial my self, although I had a simple solution to the civil war. Kill Katherine, and bump victor down to grand marshall of the army. Then make Peter Archon-Prince.
Just want to know, are there any Capellans out there?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Did I mention my pathological hatred of the Clans?
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Straha wrote:
RayCav of ASVS wrote:

Ohhh I'm scared!!! :roll: Go ahead give me a bomb, i'll just crush it with my Warhawk, a "Masakari" to you innner sphere free birth. And then you will learn the true fear Snow Raven instills.

By the way I am a Davion(After clan Snow Raven of course) partial my self, although I had a simple solution to the civil war. Kill Katherine, and bump victor down to grand marshall of the army. Then make Peter Archon-Prince.
Just want to know, are there any Capellans out there?
Well, we all knew it would boil down to the standand B-Tech "show your alliance" thing anyway, so here I go....

First and foremost I am a member of the NSR. Who the hell are the NSR? A new faction I am in the process of making up and fleshing out myself:)

Like any good fanboy creation, they're gonna be even more powerful than the Clans too:D

That crap aside, I am first and foremost a ComGuarder:). Then a Warden Wolf-in-Exile. Then a Warden Ghost Bear. Then a warden this-and that clan. Then a Davion, then FedCom (for situations requiring pre-Katrina times), the Kurtia, then Capellean, then Marik, then Rasalhauge Republic (stupid DC puppets), then whatever Periphery crap, then the mercs, then the all the other Inner Sphere junk, then all the other clans, then Jade Falcon. Word of Blake comes in dead last, because their too busy sucking on Jade Falcon:P

But, first and foremost, above all, there is one alliegence that stands lightyears above all else, BattleTech or not....

In The Service of His Majesty Emperor Palpatine's Galactic Empire!