The Pak vs. the Empire!!!

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

drifter god
Rabid Monkey

Post by drifter god »

haha, holy shit, i really like the sound of these paks.
i work for the cable company, i make sure all the channels work :)
BotM
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

drifter god wrote:haha, holy shit, i really like the sound of these paks.
Pak are all fun and games until they make you die horrifically. :D
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Nova Andromeda wrote:--Howedar, in this senario GE humans are converted to protectors. However, humans are pak. Since we can interbreed we are the same species. In addition, the pak have always dropped their feuds when a larger threat was at hand.
Pak are Homo habilus. We aren't.

As for dropping feuds, the Pak have never done this. They may cooperate to an extent, but IIRC even with the core explosion, there was some backstabbing and inter-Pak fighting, just at a reduced level.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Howedar wrote:Pak are Homo habilus. We aren't.

As for dropping feuds, the Pak have never done this. They may cooperate to an extent, but IIRC even with the core explosion, there was some backstabbing and inter-Pak fighting, just at a reduced level.
Notice, Howedar, that there is only one Pak in the scenario. The title was a bit misleading, it should have been Protectors versus the Empire. The Pak encountered a ship, and now several of her crew are Protectors. Pak Protectors will usually not backstab immediately, especially when they know that their are much bigger fish to fry. The Human Protectors (by all indication, GE Humans are Homo Sapiens) will recognize that the Pak Protector cannot be trusted completely and will take steps to ensure their death after the GE threat has been neutralized, thus the Human Protectors will probably kill him at the first opprotunity.
Also, this scenario ignores another thing. Pak Protectors need to have their family or they will shut down. The first thing on the Pak Protectors mind would be to get back to his family and set up shop there. At the first opprotunity, he's outtie, though he'd probably stick around long enough to get a gander at the principles behind GE tech.
That leaves the Human Protectors in the Galactic Empire. Unlike Pak Protectors, Human Protectors are much more cooperative.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Okay, I missed that. The fact that these are human protectors makes all the difference in the world (er, galaxy). The GE may or may not survive, it depends on how fast they find out whats going on. I wouldn't bet on their survival, though.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.