A Beast Wars what-if

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

A Beast Wars what-if

Post by Jack Bauer »

Scenario: Take down Transmetal 2 Megatron (no dragon form) with only 2 non-altered Transformers (Fuzors are allowed). They can be from either side, Maximal or Predacon. Whom do you choose?

My choice? Dinobot and Silverbolt. Dinobot has shown that he can down superior foes with his wit and superior combat ability. Silverbolt has the ability to engage Megs in the air.
Sig by JME2
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Dinobot is an excellent choice because he will not hold back and will do everything he possibly can. Especially if he helps himself to the Axalon's armory first.

I would say Season 1 Optimus is a better choice than Silverbolt for a fighter with air capability. None of the S1 flyers on the Predacon side can compare.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

I should clarify. Only Transformers in Season 2 and onward would be allowed in this scenario. Therefore, S1 Primal would be off-limits.
Sig by JME2
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Air Razor and Rhinox. I pick Rhinox because he's got firepower, and Air Razor because watching her take out Waspinator and Terrorsaur in The Spark was impressive. Air Razor also has the sonic boom and is agile enough to dodge missiles from someone shooting at her ten feet away. As long as Megatron doesn't ambush her, he doesn't have a chance of hitting her. The team would also work well together, and I can't see Dinobot working well with anybody.

I expect people to laugh at my choices especially when I could pick something like Inferno and Depth Charge, arguably more firepower, but I ask you this: How many times were Air Razor and Rhinox defeated in combat when there wasn't some kind of bullshit like the alien probe going on compared to the others. Not too many. I can't remember Air Razor ever having to go in the regeneration chamber.
Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Air Razor was only on the show for a brief period in late season 1 and early season 2. Rhinox barely ever left the Axalon. They may have had fewer defeats than the other Maximals, but they also saw far less combat.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

True, but the combat they did saw they were unlikely to lose to third tier like Terrorsaur and Waspinator, or even second tier like Scorpinok or Tarantulus. Rhinox has clearly the most firepower of season one for the Maximals next to Primal, and even in 2 he could probably hold his own against wankers like Depth Charge or Rampage.

You should watch The Spark again and see the stunts she pulls beating both Terrorsaur and Waspinator. That agility no other flier has. She dodges Waspinator's shots a breath away. I don't really consider hybrid shit like Inferno or Silverbolt or Cheetor transmetal as true fliers. Basically it's either Air Razor or Terrorsaur or Waspinator as real air-to-air combatants, and Air Razor can beat both of them combined. Primal and Megatron might kick ass air-to-air but they make it up with firepower, not agility like a real flier should, and plus the leaders should be wanked out. So if you want a flier who's not wanked out it's either Air Razor or nothing.

As you can tell I am a purist :P.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

It took all the Maximals, minus Optimal Optimus who was lying in a battered heap on the ground, to merely drive off Megatron.

To take him down with two un-powered Maximals is impossible. The question may as well be "Which to Maximals would you most like to see consumed by fire and torn to scrap?"

So which to Maxis would last the longest?

Dinobot has shown the ability to take ungodly amounts of punishment.

Between Rhinox, Airrazor, Silverbolt, Black Arachnia and Tigatron, I'd give it to Rhinox, since he's got the most firepower out of the remaining bunch.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

On second thought, I totally forget about Depth Charge. He's not a Transmetal, but clearly has enough firepower and endurance to take on Rampage one on one.
Sig by JME2
Jedi Master

Re: A Beast Wars what-if

Post by avatarxprime »

Jack Bauer wrote:Scenario: Take down Transmetal 2 Megatron (no dragon form) with only 2 non-altered Transformers (Fuzors are allowed). They can be from either side, Maximal or Predacon. Whom do you choose?
No Dragon form? But Transmetal 2 Megatron is the Dragon, it's Transmetal Megs that's the upgraded T-Rex. Regardless, even sans Dragon beast mode he's still incredibly powerful, especially since he would have the original Megatron's spark inside him at the time.
Jack Bauer wrote:On second thought, I totally forget about Depth Charge. He's not a Transmetal, but clearly has enough firepower and endurance to take on Rampage one on one.
Technically Depth Charge is transmetal, that's why he went all shiny when coming to Earth, the fuzors are similarly transmetal enhanced, the only one I'm not sure about is Rampage.

Anyway, working with T2 Megatron, I'd pick Scorponok and Airrazor. Airrazor can keep Megatron occupied in the air, while Scorponok gets a cyberbee placed on Megs. The cyberbees have shown the ability to take control of another bot and result in their destruction. Once he's been tagged Airrazor and Scorponok can just wait for Megatron to go down.
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Well JB said "non-altered transformers" so I took it as transmetals like Depth Charge allowed, and originals around in S1 who were altered not-allowed for some odd reason. I knew that Depth Charge was a transmetal.

Anyway we ARE talking about this right,

Anyway take the sentence literally and take no dragon form transmetal 2 (or transmetal 1?) Megatron, as long as there's still energon around, they just need to survive long enough for him to go into stasis lock (assuming there's still energon around and it's not all destroyed by the alien probe). I would still pick Air Razor but probably not Rhinox because he's too slow. Which is sad, because out of the remaining "non-altered transformers" I can't think of any one who would make a good matchup with Air Razor.

Rattrap probably has the greatest chance of killing Megatron Transmetal conventionally with his explosives and traps, but I can't pick Rattrap original and Rattrap transmetal's "altered" so I'm not sure there's much choice.

I forgot about the cyberbees. Scorpinok's various poison could also work, but he'll need time to get one ready.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

brianeyci wrote:
Uhhh No.

That's transmetal Megatron.

This is TM2 Megs:

Slightly OT, but I've never understood why people keep calling Megs' dragon form his TM2 form; his transformation had nothing to do with the TM2 driver. Yes, his toy was released under the TM2 line, but in the show he's no more a TM2 than Optimal Optimus.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

Depth Charge is a Transmetal? I thought he came to Earth after the quantum wave? If so, then DC would be off-limits.

I think there's some miscommunication here. The scenario only allows un-altered transformers after the S2 episode Aftermath. Therefore anything from S1 (like original Primal) or Scorpinok wouldn't qualify.
Sig by JME2
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

EDIT: And yes, we are talking about upraded T-Rex Megs, not the red dragon version. Apologies for the mix-up.
Sig by JME2
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Fuck, I forgot about Scorpinok dying in S1 finale.

Well maybe Depth Charge isn't a transmetal. He's shiny, but he did come after the wave. You're right, the only reason I'm thinking of him as transmetal is because he's shiny.

Can I pick Ravage?
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Depth Charge is a transmetal. He was transmetalized by the anomaly that sent him back in time.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I will remind everyone that Dinobot beat the entire Predacon force by himself, and bashed Trans1 Megs around with a stone club afterwards, while DYING. (Code of Hero)

Of course, Dinobot had something worth fighting and dying for, so he was giving his all without thought of himself. It was the only time in the entire series that he gave that much of himself into a battle. Would he do it in the OP Scenario? Probably not. Dinobot still had a Predacon's instinct for self-preservation.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Shadow WarChief wrote:Depth Charge is a transmetal. He was transmetalized by the anomaly that sent him back in time.
And it says so on the box. Image
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Quickstrike and Dinobot or Dinobot and Rhinox

Quickstrike has cybervenom, which might be able to serious mess up TM1 Megatron

Then have Dinobot go apeshit on him

Either that, or Rhino and Dinobot going all out. Rhinox gets the drop on him from behind and goes autofire, and Dinobot starts pounding
Jedi Master

Post by avatarxprime »

Based on the clarifications, I agree with Solauren, Dinbot and Rhinox take down Transmetal Megatron
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

As I recall, Megs reprogrammed Rhinox once... and then programmed him back because he was too damned dangerous as a Predacon.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

LadyTevar wrote:As I recall, Megs reprogrammed Rhinox once... and then programmed him back because he was too damned dangerous as a Predacon.
Which episode was that? I'm thinking Season 1.
Sig by JME2
ZShade
Jedi Knight

Post by ZShade »

Jack Bauer wrote:Which episode was that? I'm thinking Season 1.
That would be the Season 1 episode, Dark Designs.
Twist the World and Ride the Wind

Cybertron's Finest - Justice League - Mecha Maniacs
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Give Rhinox the energon discharge virus, after eating a lot of beans, and then aim him at Megatron.

Dinobot then moves in and kicks the crap out of the pieces
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

I am pretty sure with adequate preparation and the right terrain any two non-powered Maximals or Predacons could take out TM1 Megatron, except for maybe any team with Waspinator, he just sucks. For example with Tigatron, depending on the terrain, he could just outlast Megatron in the wild, and Air Razor could just outrun Megatron. Like all bad guys his real power is in intimidating other people to do his dirty work for him. Inferno, Quickstrike, Scorpinok, Black Arachnia, Tarantulus, all of them can either defeat Megatron through sheer firepower, poison, wit, or traps. Megatron's TM1 main weapon isn't that impressive either. It's got a low rate of fire, takes forever to lock on, and he's got no secondary weapons. It's the one-shot-one-kill kind of gun any agility based fighter could easily dodge, especially if it's 2 v 1, and aggravate Megatron into making a mistake.
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

Actually TM1 Megs does have a secondary weapon, although its only shown to be used once (in part 1 of The Coming of the Fuzors). His saurian arms in beast / flight mode can also be used as shoulder cannons when Megs is in robot mode.
Sig by JME2