Good News everyone! Futurama is back!

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Good News everyone! Futurama is back!

Post by Faram »

Soon Slashdoted

Great news 13 more episodes :D

Thread title edited to reflect my personal feelings-Mr Bean
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Shame on you for not linking the full text.
TV Squad wrote:We've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other. But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

I just have one reaction: Huzzah!
Yes good news, all around. But why Fox won't air them... gaah idiots in suites. You think Family Guy was a big enough kick in the balls to wake them up.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Yay!

As for Fox.. they can bite my shiny metal ass.
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Good News Indeed!

Oddly enough, I just bought Season 4 on DVD today.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Do you know what's funny? Today i was talking about how Futurama needs to come back. And look. It did.

What a wonderful day.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

*leads the choir in a rendition of 'Oh happy day' to reflect his feelings on this anouncement.*
Heck yeah! Futurama Forever! Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2999!
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

That is funky fresh and awesome to the max. I'm openly distrusting of restarting Futurama, since I think it ended very well and want it to be on a high point. However, I can deal with 13 more episodes. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Gil Hamilton wrote:That is funky fresh and awesome to the max. I'm openly distrusting of restarting Futurama, since I think it ended very well and want it to be on a high point. However, I can deal with 13 more episodes. :)
And 4 more straight to dvd movies :P .

Huzzah! I just hope that it keeps it's quality better than the last ressurected awesome animated series (Family Guy) which decayed both from the start and it's continuation over time.
I hope they keep the old scriptwriters, thats more important than the voice actors (Except for Proffesey, and Zoidberg, and Rodrigues Bending Bender).

I wonder how they'll treat the Fry/Leela romance, after how the last episode ended with them walking off together, maybe the series will take before those events :?:
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

DEATH wrote:I wonder how they'll treat the Fry/Leela romance, after how the last episode ended with them walking off together, maybe the series will take before those events :?:
Don't you remember the episode with the chronoton thingies and the time jumps? Fry and Leela are destined to get married and then divorced. :P
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Cao Cao wrote:
DEATH wrote:I wonder how they'll treat the Fry/Leela romance, after how the last episode ended with them walking off together, maybe the series will take before those events :?:
Don't you remember the episode with the chronoton thingies and the time jumps? Fry and Leela are destined to get married and then divorced. :P
Except that they were allready married and divorced once, those events have allready happened.
And it [Divorce] also happened when Leela thought Fry had mind controlled/drugged her for the marriage.

The chronotons did not jump ahead into the future, they merely sped up time, setting events into "FF" or "Chapter skip" (without going backwards in time at it's end.)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Cej4096
Youngling

Post by Cej4096 »

Vehrec wrote:*leads the choir in a rendition of 'Oh happy day' to reflect his feelings on this anouncement.*
That should be "I'm Walking On Sunshine." :)
Admiral Johnason
Sith Devotee

Post by Admiral Johnason »

This was posted on Ain't It Cool News last night.

Great news though.
Liberals for Nixon in 3000: Nixon... with carisma and a shiny robot body.

never negoiate out of fear, but never fear to negoiate.

Captian America- Justice League

HAB submarine commander-
"We'll break you of your fear of water."
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Great News! Bring out the Celebretory Slurm!

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

That's excellent news! :P :mrgreen:

And I've bought the first season of Futurama about a week ago and it's even better than I remembered it; my favourite Futurama episode from the first season is "Fear of a Bot Planet".

But it's possibly going to be shown as late as 2008... :roll:
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

*Jumps in joy and does a happy dance.*

This is wonderful news. I hope the news episodes are as good as the old ones. I am especialy hoping to see the Fry-Leela arc resolved in a satisfactory way.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

I am alive with mirth and merriment. Futurama, with Family Guy at its side, will now rightfully dominate my TV viewing habits for the remainder of forever!
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Huzzah! *crick*

Am I the only one who's hoping that Pazuzu shows up, at least as a background cameo or something, in the new episodes?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Yay Futurama!

Boo 2008!

You will all "yay" for Hypnotoad.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

INTERESTING STUFF!

YOU WATCHED IT, YOU CAN'T UNWATCH IT!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider me a softie, but my favorite part of the show was the Fry/Leela romance arc. I really want to see if they are going to have them hook up or just keep us hanging for the next 13 episodes.

In 'The Devils hands are idle playthings'(the last episode), Leela wanted to see how it ended(his opera), so, what do ya'll think is going to happen?

That's right, pony up, time to predict what will happen? Place your bets, place your bets.

And yes, we all know Bender will say 'Bite my shiny metal ass', so you can't bet that.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

FaxModem1 wrote:In 'The Devils hands are idle playthings'(the last episode), Leela wanted to see how it ended(his opera), so, what do ya'll think is going to happen?

That's right, pony up, time to predict what will happen? Place your bets, place your bets.

And yes, we all know Bender will say 'Bite my shiny metal ass', so you can't bet that.
I think it will be set about a year after the last ep. Fry and Leela's relationship will be rocky, as most relationships in comedies are. They'll bicker a little, Fry's idiocy will hurt the relationship, but they'll be ok.

All others will be as they always have.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin