WH40k: Who's gonna win?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Pick 'n Choose...

Imperials
15%
Chaos
1%
Eldar
1%
Orks
3%
Dark Eldar
No votes
Tyranids
15%
Necrons
16%
Tau
4%
Everyone Wins
1%
Everyone Loses
44%

Total votes: 94

Trytostaydead
Sith Marauder

Post by Trytostaydead »

What is the current status of the Emperor anyways? Has there been any change or clues as to what's going to happen to him?
Currald
Jedi Knight
Location: Portland, Oregon, North America, Tellus, Sol System, First Galaxy

Post by Currald »

Akhlut wrote:
Currald wrote: Thematic considerations aside, the Tyranids and the Necrons look like good bets, at first blush. However, the Ultramarines should be able to take care of them any time now. Just you wait.
:wtf: I'm hoping you're joking, there.
I never joke about the Ultramarines, xenos filth!
Clear Ether, Currald
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yeah after all they have all those freebies for nukin nids in the new codex, hell Marnus Calgar is now more imped out then fabius bile, and F.B. has the pimp cane and gun...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Currald
Jedi Knight
Location: Portland, Oregon, North America, Tellus, Sol System, First Galaxy

Post by Currald »

MY Marneus has a fur cape! THAT'S pretty pimp!
Clear Ether, Currald
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Coalition wrote:The Imperium has already been taken over, so they are not a problem.
Certain factions within the Imperium have been taken over. That does not mean that the Imperium has been taken over.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

One day the Orks will reach critical mass. The immense power of the unified Waaaaagh-mind would be quite something to behold, possibly even enough to destroy Chaos.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Bob the Gunslinger wrote:I'd like to see more fluff or fiction about the slann and the Old Ones. Some of the things I've read make the old ones sound like a physical race of aliens, others (like Xenology) equate the Old Ones with the Eldar Warp Gods.
The Eldar gods cannot be the Old Ones, since the Old Ones were destroyed before the Eldar empire reached its zenith (60 mya, to be precise), and the Eldar Gods were only destroyed in ~M30 to M31.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
technomage
Padawan Learner

Post by technomage »

weemadando wrote:One day the Orks will reach critical mass. The immense power of the unified Waaaaagh-mind would be quite something to behold, possibly even enough to destroy Chaos.
FUCK!

So that's the "Ork Viktory" scenario? That would probably turn the whole galaxy into an Ork paradise version of the Eye of Terror!
"Mother, implement Case Omega."
-the last time Colin MacIntyre gives an order without thinking it through.
Darwin
Jedi Master

Post by Darwin »

Raxmei wrote:The Emperor will awaken and make everyone set aside their differences and resolve their various conflicts through peaceful negotiation. Yes, even Chaos and the Tyranids. Remaining violent impulses will be channeled into harmless games of paintball. Everybody wins!
Damn you. Now I need to model a squad of Paintball Marines, armed with Autocockers and the like.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Darwin wrote:
Raxmei wrote:The Emperor will awaken and make everyone set aside their differences and resolve their various conflicts through peaceful negotiation. Yes, even Chaos and the Tyranids. Remaining violent impulses will be channeled into harmless games of paintball. Everybody wins!
Damn you. Now I need to model a squad of Paintball Marines, armed with Autocockers and the like.
Since marines are big and nasty, paintball pistols could be old handflamers upside down with autopistol muzzles.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

technomage wrote:
weemadando wrote:One day the Orks will reach critical mass. The immense power of the unified Waaaaagh-mind would be quite something to behold, possibly even enough to destroy Chaos.
FUCK!

So that's the "Ork Viktory" scenario? That would probably turn the whole galaxy into an Ork paradise version of the Eye of Terror!
I honestly don't have a clue, but it seems plausible given what we know of the Ork mindset and capacities.
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

I admit that I know very little of either universe that I am about to mention, but it seems like the best possible ending for the most amount of beings in the 40k universe would be for some advanced culture (like The Culture) to come along and completely and quickly wipe the whole galaxy from the face of the local cluster. I really haven't heard or read of any group from the Warhammer setting that deserves to "win".
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

DesertFly wrote:I really haven't heard or read of any group from the Warhammer setting that deserves to "win".
I don't think there is one apart from - possibly - the Tau :P .
GeneralTacticus
Jedi Knight

Post by GeneralTacticus »

There are undoubtedly plenty of tiny alien or undiscovered human empires out there that devoutly believe in Peace, Love, and Pink Fluffy Bunnies(tm). Unfortunately, they would invariably be steamrolled by any major playr that encountered them.

Now, the Culture itself conquering the 40k galaxy would be an interesting sight to see... if they could figure out the principles behind the Great Warding, they might even be able to create a happy ending after all.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Teleros wrote:
DesertFly wrote:I really haven't heard or read of any group from the Warhammer setting that deserves to "win".
Those deluded fools? Farsight alone is just about ready to toss the Tau version of the Horus Heresy their way.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Teleros wrote:
They're a bunch of brainwashing communist bastards. Just because they keep their armor polished doesn't mean they aren't sinister. They're just slightly less so than the other races. :P
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

*cough* mon-keigh we are the original shinier then thou polished armour forces, and we fully intend to sue the tau for copyright infringement. As soon as they let us have cloaked harliquins back.... (contemplates the amount of bloodshed that would lead too.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

I have the answer: Cleary the winner will be Your Mom. After the trillions of writen accounts of Your Mom ending billions of confrontations with sometimes merely just the mention of its name it truly must be the most powerful creature in existance. The fact that no one has seen Your Mom before only goes to show how what an incredibly powerful warp persona it has.

One day Your Mom will descend from it's secret of hiding places to first lay waste to the Choas forces within the eye before sealing it off. It will then move on to every Tyranid faction floating in space and B-B-Q the hive fleets and eat them with some A-1 sauce, just for a little bit of irony. Once its appetite is sated it will then destroy each and very Ork infested world, making sure not a single spore survives. Having dealt with those forces it will then turn towared the C'tan, letting them think that with the sealing of the Eye they're power over the galaxy will increase before taking them all down several billion notches. It will force them to become power generators to fuel the reconstruction of the now defunct machinery that used to rely on the warp to function. The Necron forces that were stripped of their flesh and made all roboty will be returned to not only their former fleshiness but also their sanity.

After having dealt with all of the major, obvious bad guys Your Mom will travel to the Dark Eldar, now free of Slaneesh, and talk some sense into them, merging them back with the Eldar and convincing both groups to Give Peace a Chance with humanity and the Tau. After that Your Mom will approach the Tau and force them to recognize that they, in fact, are not one of the Big Dogs, though they no longer have to be Space Commies or crazy fanatics anymore and to also Give Peace a Chance with the now reformed Eldar and humanity. At which point Your Mom turns toward The Imperium.

The first thing Your Mom does with the Imperium is to root out what little Choas-influenced forces are left and chuck them all out into deep space. Done with that the same fate awaits those who follow the star gods-turned-power-generators and those who use the Imperium for personal gain. Your Mom will rewrite the Imperium into a happy place full of democracy, apple pie and true American Ideals ... erm, a neuvo paradise for humanity, of course. Your Mom will also show that aliens don't all deserve to be crushed or placed under the Imperium's bootheel and they, too, will Give Peace a Chance.

Thus the universe was saved by Your Mom.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

DesertFly

Post by DesertFly »

It suddenly all becomes so clear....
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Now for the dramatic ending...

In the last dying breath of the Milky Way, the two great remaining forces stand face to face. In this galaxy devoid of all life, save that of the terrible mechanical mockery of the Necrons and the rampant excess of the Tyranids, the FINAL COUNTDOWN (cue cheesy 80's rock) begins. Great armadas of living starships collide in battle with the timeless undead. Planets once teeming with life now stand empty and battle scarred, whole cultures extincted, used as fuel for the remaining great war machines of the Tyranids... The Necron Star Gods battle a now sentient Hive Mind, battling in the ether as flesh meets steel in reality!
DesertFly

Post by DesertFly »

*Yawn* I'd rather have a good arm wrestle. That sounds like a good way to decide the fate of the galaxy, if you ask me.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

DesertFly wrote:*Yawn* I'd rather have a good arm wrestle. That sounds like a good way to decide the fate of the galaxy, if you ask me.
I know how GW will have the final battle:
Noughts and Crosses...best of three...five...nine...
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Someone will win... undeservedly. 8)

It'll probably be the Necrons or Tyranids, unless there is some deus ex in store.
Teleros wrote:I don't think there is one apart from - possibly - the Tau :P .
Deserving... compared with the others? Perhaps. Of course, anyone who does not keel over and accept their rule is wiped out by them, you know...