Sci-fi who beats who chart...

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Also of note...it's funny how he claims that they are superior because something that is mostly empty space, thus giving larger dimensions....instantly equates to "better industry"

This would claiming a civilization using Hot air ballons is superior to cars.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Gustav32Vasa
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Gustav32Vasa »

Ghost Rider wrote:Also of note...it's funny how he claims that they are superior because something that is mostly empty space, thus giving larger dimensions....instantly equates to "better industry"

This would claiming a civilization using Hot air ballons is superior to cars.
Though I have to give him that the Romulans can create qs, which I think is superior to anti/matter.
"Ha ha! Yes, Mark Evans is back, suckers, and he's the key to everything! He's the Half Blood Prince, he's Harry's Great-Aunt, he's the Heir of Gryffindor, he lives up the Pillar of Storgé and he owns the Mystic Kettle of Nackledirk!" - J.K. Rowling
"Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on
the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your
hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

How do you figure IoM being so far over the Galactic Empire? Ancient weapons and hokey religions aside, the Imperium doesn't have all that much going for it. Best information on firepower such as the 660 gigaton torpedo put the Imperium on the level where the Empire notices they're being shot at, but not enough to be a serious threat. Factor in the disparity in numbers and mobility and the Imperium loses the space battle handily. The Imperium does have a more developed ground force and supernatural arm, but that's about it as far as advantages go.

The Race is above Modern Earth. They have an interstellar civilization and the ability to wipe out all life on the planet. We have neither of those.

You say Haloverse beats Zerg, but Zerg beat Covenant, the biggest active power of Haloverse, and also the Halo Humans, the only other active people there. WTF?

You have some odd omissions: 1998 Draka but no Final Society, Babylon 5 but no First Ones. No Peacekeepers or Scarrans.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Who Beats Who Charge Version 3.0

Post by fgalkin »

Zor wrote:Xeelee
Culture
Vorgons (THHGTTG)
C'Tan
Full power Necrons
Foundationverse
IoM
Orks
Pax
Nids
Galatic Empire
Tau
Terran Federation (Book SST)
Bugs (Book SST)
Eldar
System's Commonwealth (At it's Height)
Magogs
Bigger Neicthzcean Empires (Drago Katzov, Ext)
Haloverse
Dark Eldar
Zerg
Covenant (Halo)
Halo Humans
Protoss
Asgard
The Wank Terran Empire from a Fanfic here
Terrans (Starcraft)
Goa'uld
New (aka Proper) Cylons
Borg
Dominion
Romulans
Loroi (Outsider)
Umiak (Diddo)
Taiidan (at there Height)
Hiigarans
Turanic Raiders
Terran Confederation (Wing Commander)
Kilrathi Empire
Kadesh
Federation
Cardies
Terrans (outsider)
Mimbari
Klingons
Earth Alliance
Narns
Starhunter Confederations
Gundam
Domination of Draka (as of 1998)
United Earth Oceans (seaQuest DSV)
Earth 2005 (Stargate SG-1)
ID4 Aliens
Modern Day Earth
The Race
United Citizen's Federation (Movie SST)
Civil War US
Fremens
Pax Romana
Middle Earth
Signers
You still haven't adressed the Pax, the 40k races, and the rest. Your subsequent revisions of the list will be considred spam and deleted on sight, given that you refuse to listen to criticism, and keep posting the same shit over and over again. So, unless you actually change something in the list, don't bother posting it.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Who beats who list Version 4.0

Post by Zor »

Ground Forces A (Qualitiy of Indivual Infantry Soldiers, gundams and other mecha omited)

Xeelee
Culture
Pax
IoM
Necrons
Terran Federation (MOBILE INFANTRY HO!)
Tau (go Battlesuited Firewariors)
Eldar
Orks
Galatic Empire
Bezerkers
Dark Eldar (because of there preference to Meelee weapons)
Nids
RMMC (Honorverse)
25th Century Draka Commandoes
Protoss
Starcraft Terrans
Zerg (NOTE only Hydralisks and lower count here)
Bugs (SST)
HALOverse Humans (Spartans)
System's Commonwealth
Covenant
Post Anubus Goa'uld
USCM (Aliens)
USMC/Other Elite forces
US/other First world nation 'Rank and File' army
PLA Rank and File Army
The Race
Modern Barbarians (aka Geurillias)
World War II Europeans/Americans/Japanese
Pre Anubus Goa'uld
Magogs (they do use guns some time)
World War I Europeans/Americans/Japanese
United Federation of Planets
Civil War US
Fremens
Roman Legions
Klingons
Cavemen
Borg
Signers

Ground Forces B (armies, all ground weapons and Atmospheric Aircraft allowed, the goal here is to Conquor, not create a barran wasteland)

Xeelee
Culture
Galatic Empire
IoM (Shere Number of Guardsmen)
Pax
Orks
Nids
Necrons (Lack of Numbers)
Eldar
Tau
Dark Eldar
Mobile Infantry
Bugs (Size)
Honerverse army
Protoss
Terrans (Starcraft)
Zerg
Highguard Army (Size again)
Covenant (Size)
Anubus/Post Anubus Baal army (super soldiers, Al'kesh bombers allowed)
Haloverse Humans
Draka Army (1998)
US Military
People's Liberation army
The Race Durring a "Soldier's Time" (Conquoring half of Earth, even the ww-II when you have assault rifles and Jet fighters world would take 2-5 million soldiers)
USCM (Size again, it has less than 200,000 Personel)
Canadian Ministry of Defence
A World War Two Nation's army
Freman (200 B52 bombers carrying napalm would easily do away with there sandworms)
Modern Barbarians
World War One army
Pre Anubus Goa'uld
United Federation of Planets
Civil War US
Klingons (this is simply because i assume the size of Klingon forces is several million, and they will eventualy bludgen the Legions to death)
Borgs (Ditto)
All the Roman Legions
Cavemen
Signers

More to be posted latter
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

What the fuck, Zor?

You have SST's at (6)? The mass charge infantry? Run out of drop ships in big blobs, MI? :wtf:

Then further down you compound the problem with SST bugs? :? Again with the mass tactics (read bad tactics) and inferior combined weapons. *shakes head* How the hell do you come up with this shit? Put em up on the wall and throw a darts?

SST bugs is above Halo troops? WTF. Hell, I'd give the Halo Marines the edge over SST MI (book). Halo Marines actually delve into combined arms and tactics. Multiple weapons for various situations and armor and tactical mobility. Really, put down the darts. :roll:
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Zor, you are this close to being oppressed. No more lists until you address the points brought up by everyone else in the thread.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Raxmei wrote:
The Race is above Modern Earth. They have an interstellar civilization and the ability to wipe out all life on the planet. We have neither of those.
...with Nuclear weapons. Veteran crews in Tiger I's are a credible threat to their armor. The USA can render planet Earth uninhabitable ~4 times over. How do you figure?

How does the IoM come out above the PAX on your B list? There is nothing in the IoM ground arsenal short of Titan weapons that can harm a Swiss Guardsman. Freecasting Corps Helvetica and Fleet Marines would make a hash out any IoM ground army.

A meltagun is a 29 GJ weapon that reliably destroys Land Raiders. The Pax are immune to weapons that open half klick, 14 cm holes in cliff faces, and can reliably target hostiles at ranges measured in thousands of kilometers. Add post Anea powers and they can freecast anywhere, anytime with a thought.

Hyperionverse armies sit under theatre shieilds and through Megaton range Plasma and nuclear warheads around like firecrackers when hard pressed. They whoop the IoM so hard it isn't funny.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

On Starcraft forces, Protoss controlled several hundred planets, over 1/8 of the thounsands once controlled by the Xel'Naga, the Terrans only controlled 12 planets, it only describes the UED as having "Earth and it's sister planets". The Zerg are a nomatic race, but after Kerrigan takes control see seems to establish herself in the Korpulu sector.

On the terran speeds, the original 4 terran colony ships sent out traveled at faster than light speeds for 28 years, which the UED were able to cross in months, so there had been a significant increase in speed, but no real figures have been provided.

About the only figures we can get are provided by the manual which states that Terran Gauss rifle fires 8mm spikes(U238 at higher tech levels) at hypersonic speeds(defined as mach 5+) but cutscenes seem to disagree with those speeds.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
GeneralTacticus
Jedi Knight

Post by GeneralTacticus »

Falkenhayn wrote:
Raxmei wrote:
...with Nuclear weapons. Veteran crews in Tiger I's are a credible threat to their armor. The USA can render planet Earth uninhabitable ~4 times over. How do you figure?

How does the IoM come out above the PAX on your B list? There is nothing in the IoM ground arsenal short of Titan weapons that can harm a Swiss Guardsman. Freecasting Corps Helvetica and Fleet Marines would make a hash out any IoM ground army.

A meltagun is a 29 GJ weapon that reliably destroys Land Raiders. The Pax are immune to weapons that open half klick, 14 cm holes in cliff faces, and can reliably target hostiles at ranges measured in thousands of kilometers. Add post Anea powers and they can freecast anywhere, anytime with a thought.

Hyperionverse armies sit under theatre shieilds and through Megaton range Plasma and nuclear warheads around like firecrackers when hard pressed. They whoop the IoM so hard it isn't funny.
Small problem: the only people with the ability to Freecast are those that have accepted Aenea's Communion, which means that they will themselves experience any pain they cause to other people. As you might imagine, this is a bit of an impediment to slaughtering vast numbers of opponents on the battlefield.

Still, it's not as if the Hyperionverse needs Freecasting to own 40k ground forces.
"The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

"This was evil manifest."

- Terry "Not a fantasy author, honest" Goodkind, bringing unintentional comedy to a bookshop near you since 1994.
constantine
Padawan Learner

Re: Who beats who list Version 4.0

Post by constantine »

Someone mentioned starting small and going from there - seems like a good idea. Here's a small start of some of what I know of.

1. Xeelee
2. Culture
3. C'tan/Necrons (full strength)
4. Chaos (industry, troops, and gods)
5. Galactic Empire
6. Tyranids
7. IoM
8. Flood
9. UFP
10. Modern Earth

Feel free to edit from there. How's that for a start?
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Knife wrote:SST bugs is above Halo troops? WTF. Hell, I'd give the Halo Marines the edge over SST MI (book). Halo Marines actually delve into combined arms and tactics. Multiple weapons for various situations and armor and tactical mobility. Really, put down the darts. :roll:
In Combat between a Single Spartan and a single warrior Bug, the bug could win. There small arms are impressive (able to kill an MI Soldier with one shot) and by what i read, they are quite capable in matters of warfare (the MI's tactic was to blow up/Burninate/Gas there hives and to avoid confronation with bugs whenever posible) and they can have large amounts of there body blow off and still fuction. They come out slightly on top
You have SST's at (6)? The mass charge infantry? Run out of drop ships in big blobs, MI
The Mobile Infantry can Jump several KM, Carry a shitload of Bombs, nerve gas and Nukes.

Tanks come in, they come out as Radioactive Slag.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Styphon
Jedi Knight

Post by Styphon »

Knife wrote:What the fuck, Zor?

You have SST's at (6)? The mass charge infantry? Run out of drop ships in big blobs, MI? :wtf:

Then further down you compound the problem with SST bugs? :? Again with the mass tactics (read bad tactics) and inferior combined weapons. *shakes head* How the hell do you come up with this shit? Put em up on the wall and throw a darts?

SST bugs is above Halo troops? WTF. Hell, I'd give the Halo Marines the edge over SST MI (book). Halo Marines actually delve into combined arms and tactics. Multiple weapons for various situations and armor and tactical mobility. Really, put down the darts. :roll:
based on his later post (the one that should be right above this one, unless somebody has posted while I was typing), I believe he's referring to SST, the book... which has everybody much, much better than in the movies...
Crazedwraith:
Styphon for CLITORIS!
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

Quick query with regards to 40K. How come Necrons are the only one being placed according to full strength while everyone else is current. Either go full or current for all or a listing for both as per multiple Earths and Goa'ould listings.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
constantine
Padawan Learner

Post by constantine »

Lost Soal wrote:Quick query with regards to 40K. How come Necrons are the only one being placed according to full strength while everyone else is current. Either go full or current for all or a listing for both as per multiple Earths and Goa'ould listings.
That's not true. Galactic Empire is always assumed around the time of the original trilogy, not before or after.
ryan8723
I SUPPORT DRUNK DRIVERS

Post by ryan8723 »

I'm seeing that these lists are forgetting about a few major races from the Stargate universe: The Ancients (most powerful race in SG universe), the Replicators (probably second most powerful race) and the Wraith (more powerful than the Goa'uld).

The Ancients at the moment (being ascended and all) are basically immortal and are more or less near omnipotence and omniscience.

The Replicators can integrate any kind of technology into themselves with ease. From what I have seen on the show and other scifi shows, I'm fairly positive they are one of, if not the most powerful mechanical race in all of scifi (in terms of power, way above the Borg, Cylons, and others).

The Wraith are extremely durable (their bodies I mean), they defeated the Ancients through the use of a plague (well I guess I should say they really didn't defeat them, the Ancients just ascended) and seem to be quite a bit more powerful than the Goa'uld and maybe on a level on par with the Asgard.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Re: Zors "Who beats who list" Version 2.0

Post by Junghalli »

weemadando wrote:
Dahak wrote: A species so stupid as to forget firewalls and virus scanners in their systems deserve to be wiped out :mrgreen:
A species so stupid as to make their OS mac filesystem compatible ALSO deserves to die.
Honestly, I know it's a cop-out but I don't know why everyone gets so upset about this. The humans have had, like, OVER THIRTY YEARS to study that crashed alien ship's technology and figure out how everything works and what its weaknesses are. How exactly is it horrendously stupid that in all that time they'd figure out the alien's programming language and build an adapter?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: Who beats who list Version 4.0

Post by NecronLord »

Zor wrote: IoM
Necrons
You will excuse me while I laugh myself hoarse. An imperial guardsman or PDF trooper is trained which way the rifle shoots if they're in a hurry. A necron is near invulnerable killing machine with millenia of active combat experience and a weapon that can punch through an IOM tank, and reduce even a Space Marine to vapour in under a second.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Lost Soal wrote:Quick query with regards to 40K. How come Necrons are the only one being placed according to full strength while everyone else is current. Either go full or current for all or a listing for both as per multiple Earths and Goa'ould listings.
The necrons now haven't lost their skills or technology, just their resource base. In terms of quality, they're still damned good.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Xeelee
Culture
Galactic Empire (Foundationverse)
Galactic Empire (Star Wars)
Foundation (as of 600 FE)
Imperium of Man (WH40K)
Borg
Gao'uld
Imperium (Dune universe)
Terran Federation (SST book)
Federation (Trek)
Romulans
Klingons
Earth Alliance (B5)
Twelve Colonies (Galactica)
ID4 aliens
modern Earth
Middle Earth
Lost Soal
Sith Devotee

Post by Lost Soal »

NecronLord wrote:
The necrons now haven't lost their skills or technology, just their resource base. In terms of quality, they're still damned good.
Thats true, but as they currently stand there a threat with no major power base. There too few in numbers for both troops and ships to be placed so high, and the fact is that they are being listed according to their maximum potential.
Just my personnal stance I admit, but it should at least be considered.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God.
AND, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out! - Babylon 5 Mantra

There is no "I" in TEAM. There is a ME however.
Gunhead
Jedi Council Member

Post by Gunhead »

That list is also missing our friendly Terran Overlord Government (TOG). I think our space romans should be put there just for completeness.
Now just to figure out where to put them. Comments welcome.

-Gunhead
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
-Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel

"And if you don't wanna feel like a putz
Collect the clues and connect the dots
You'll see the pattern that is bursting your bubble, and it's Bad" -The Hives
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Junghalli wrote:
weemadando wrote:
Dahak wrote: A species so stupid as to forget firewalls and virus scanners in their systems deserve to be wiped out :mrgreen:
A species so stupid as to make their OS mac filesystem compatible ALSO deserves to die.
Honestly, I know it's a cop-out but I don't know why everyone gets so upset about this. The humans have had, like, OVER THIRTY YEARS to study that crashed alien ship's technology and figure out how everything works and what its weaknesses are. How exactly is it horrendously stupid that in all that time they'd figure out the alien's programming language and build an adapter?
Maybe because the ship had lain sormant for all the time before the aliens came near Earth?
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Zor wrote:<snip>
Winner-Cylons
Yes, unfortunately there's one small problem with your theory: the Twelve Colonies of Man can stand up to the Cylons. So, we know the Cylons aren't tremendously stronger than an awesome empire of all of twelve worlds :roll:. Estimates for Borg worlds run into the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands. So, if you want me to buy this you're going to have to prove one of two things.
(1) The Cylons have much, MUCH more territory than the Twelve Colonies and for some reason I can't fathom didn't instantly overrun them.
(2) The war will see a kill ratio of more than a hundred Borg for every Cylon (the kind of advantage they'd need to not get instantly swamped under the Borg's immensely superior numbers and resource base).
Frankly, after you said the Klingons would get beaten by Civil War era Earth I'm taking all your estimates with a grain of salt. Exactly how is a nineteenth century army going to deal with a strafing BoP, let alone bombardment from orbit with multi-megaton antimatter torpedos :roll:? I really am dying to know. Personally I think your Trek-hatred is influencing your conclusions.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Dahak wrote:Maybe because the ship had lain dormant for all the time before the aliens came near Earth?
Oh, yeah, right. Fucking idiot writers. :x