The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

Post by madd0ct0r »

LaCroix wrote:I go with a high frequency vibration and a non-newtonian fluid wall. Vibration off, grapplers shoot out and pull them into the softening wall, frequency back on. Cracks are from the victims struggling to escape... :D

In your theory, we would see gaps between the stones, due to the incompressibility of some materials, but we see that it has moulded itself perfectly around protruding objects.
Although your theory dosen't explain the little pool of blood leaking from the wall. they'd have been suffocated, not squished.
(Got to stop overthinking this)
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

madd0ct0r wrote:
LaCroix wrote:I go with a high frequency vibration and a non-newtonian fluid wall. Vibration off, grapplers shoot out and pull them into the softening wall, frequency back on. Cracks are from the victims struggling to escape... :D

In your theory, we would see gaps between the stones, due to the incompressibility of some materials, but we see that it has moulded itself perfectly around protruding objects.
Although your theory dosen't explain the little pool of blood leaking from the wall. they'd have been suffocated, not squished.
(Got to stop overthinking this)
Highlighted the solution to your mental dilemma...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I guess the fighting in the streets has BEEN ended. Now, without these distractions, the castle will turn its attention towards the big targets outside of its walls...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I don't think fighting is ending on ALL Streets. From the perspective, it looks like the electricity only goes down that one street.

But, iz hokay, I iz good wid dat!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

heh, you would make a good Jaegermothergeneral

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

boy she took off fast, bit shy maybe.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Oh, Zeetha got it bad :oops: , I wonder when the wedding will be :)
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

So what will VolexDupree think of HiggsxZeetha?
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

what the feck IS higgs?

He was an unknown crewman, who seems to one of the most physically powerful persons in the universe. I was wondering if he was a hetrodyne boy, but that's beyond even lothar in sparky resilience.

He dosen't appear to be scarred enough to be a construct (but i think Agatha's guardian mother dosen't appear scarred when she's clothed)
He's not the missing Jaeger general - that was Momma
He's Popeye?
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

A squealing fangirl Zeetha is an even more frightening thought than the original...

Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

By Zeetha's comments....She appears to know who he is......

And, yes. A squeeeing Zeetha is worrying...
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

madd0ct0r wrote: He's not the missing Jaeger general - that was Momma
Nope, we've got one missing (General Zadipok) and one that will stay hiding even after they accounted for Mamma Gkika and the dead General Øsk.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

looking at latest comic, I'm now being trolled by the castle. feth.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Fuck... He is the dead Heterodyne boy... the only way the castle would not want to make him sad.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070810

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I read that as the castles approves of Zeetha training Agatha, and wants to keep her around for that.

But this does mean Higgs is hetrodyne linked, and was at the castle BEFORE the Other destroyed it.
It also makes it interesting when you consider he was introduced by going through some inconvenience to rescue the baron.
Unless he's agatha's father or something.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

If he's a Heterodyne then he's the heir and the castle would bow to him. Why would the castle (and a few others I believe) know who he is and not suffer the consequences?

You know what would be funny? If Higgs was an airship bosun. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

thats what he was introduced as

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Enigma wrote:If he's a Heterodyne then he's the heir and the castle would bow to him. Why would the castle (and a few others I believe) know who he is and not suffer the consequences?
Not necessarily. Agatha is the currently aknowledged Heterodyne, that's enough for the castle. It just cares for the Heterodynes, but not much about which one rules at the moment.

Also, I guess with the Heterodynes it was never as much inheriting but conquering the throne.

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I'm seriously just going with the theory his entry was just a joke, until some fans pointed out he must be a bad ass to get through all that and how to account for it?
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:thats what he was introduced as
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, it'd be pretty funny if there was, in fact, nothing more to him then we first saw.

Mind, I doubt it. Higgs knew his way around the Castle interior (including where Lucrezia's room was) and the Jaegers all seem to know him. Of course, aside from the the Agatha's Jaegers they've all been serving the Baron, and he WAS reintroduced casually sipping a brew at Mamma's.

My guess is he's a local boy, a former minion of some rank, like the Seneschal or Punch and Judy. The only place it doesn't really work is with the Castle saying "I'd tell you, but then he'd have to kill you." Unless he was in some way notorious.

Alternatively, Higgs is an infamous murderer imprisoned in the Castle, who managed to escape. That would impress the Jaegers for sure.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

he's never mentioned as bosun, just airman third class I believe.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Calanor
Redshirt

Post by Calanor »

Higgs has apparently been around for a long time. He immediately recognized what happened to Agatha when she drank the water of the Dyne. Then there is his "every twenty years, it's like an echo"- comment about guarding the Heterodyne until there is a heir in his conversation with the castle when he left with Zeetha.

Maybe he is the unknown seventh Jaegergeneral, the tricky one mentioned here.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Actually, I now agree with Bear. He is Klaus Barry Heterodyne. I just reached where he fought the muse\castle. I'm guessing he doesn't want anyone to know, at least not yet.

My prediction? He'll eventually let everyone know and then Agatha'll make an agreement in which he takes control of the castle so she can go off adventuring.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

he can't be barry since he remembered 'old ignecious' exploding - final jaeger general it must be.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

madd0ct0r wrote:he can't be barry since he remembered 'old ignecious' exploding - final jaeger general it must be.
Not Barry, Klaus Barry Heterodyne, born 407 days after Klaus disappeared and died at the age of two when the castle was attacked and the Other disappeared. KBH was Barry's nephew and his death was the reason he and his brother left the castle and vanished into thin air.

What intrigues me and apparently I haven't understood it is that when KBH was born was apparently important, that being 407 days after the Baron's disappearance.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!