The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: The 2nd Girl Genius Thread

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

no I was thinking of desinging them to appeal to the Aspie tendancies of Sparks....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I think Agatha is losing it.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Enigma wrote:I think Agatha is losing it.
Au contraire, I'm more of the opinion that Gil is going to loose something dear, very soon. 8)
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

And now we'll find out how firm Franz's handshake can be...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

On related news, I'm dissappointed that she aimed higher than my prediction.

Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

LaCroix wrote:On related news, I'm dissappointed that she aimed higher than my prediction.
Well, no point brakeing something she still might want to get some use out of later.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

*cringe*

This is going to backfire. Hard.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

The castle is awake! Agatha dances a happy dance! Everyone else will not be happy very soon.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

I wonder how many sparks garth has grabbed that exploded in the past?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I love the short pause after she proclaims that she is "somewhat" in love with Gil, were Franz and Gil, both, are re-evaluating their roles and how this would play out...

Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

It begins. How many years have we been waiting for this?
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

*booty dance* *booty dance* *booty dance*

Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Zombies with giant ray guns?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Quadrupedal Punch Walkers?

I want a dose of what these guys are on - must be a helluva trip... :D :D

Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

Actually...I think they were actually tripods. Wielding giant, mechanical gloves...as weapons....

....Which then simply got smushed when two entire buildings were pushed together... :shock:

The entire town is one HUGE death trap.... :wtf:

Though, I must admit to not beng comletely surprised by the scale of mayhem the Castle can enact. :mrgreen:
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW: The last panel shows that its' not the whole sides of the buildings, just a couple sections of metal expanding from the sides. You can see the splurt of hydrolics squished out
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

ARRGH, at this rate we're going to have to wait another month to see what happens in the big picture.
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

The look on the other girl's face. Yah...that was also kind of me as my brain out that image together.

I fear that the Castle's voice is far too cheerful after pulling off that...effect...
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Hmmm... Non-newtonian fluid walls? With grapplers to pull them in?

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Well, the castle's done rock to fuild before when it produced a giant hand from the floor to restrain Gil,

but in this case, looking at the cracks, I'm going to guess each slab comes out separately on the end of a mechanical arm/tentacle.
The entire wall sort of opens up, and grabs them quickly from behind.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

I go with a high frequency vibration and a non-newtonian fluid wall. Vibration off, grapplers shoot out and pull them into the softening wall, frequency back on. Cracks are from the victims struggling to escape... :D

In your theory, we would see gaps between the stones, due to the incompressibility of some materials, but we see that it has moulded itself perfectly around protruding objects.

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

ah. conceeded.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

C

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Oh, the castle is having fun.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

That time the BUILDINGS moved.

And I agree with LaCroix.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet