In-universe explanations for fighter manuevering?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Srelex
Jedi Master

Re: In-universe explanations for fighter manuevering?

Post by Srelex »

Well, in TESB, the Falcon does go up, down, and pretty much everywhere when it's being chased. Plus, if you look closely at the background during the Coruscant battle, it does become clear that there's ships fighting at all sorts of crazy angles (although this may have to do with shot placement than anything).
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

What about the battle of Endor? It's been a while since I saw the movie and I only have the OT version but I recall fighters being all over the place in three dimensions too.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Good points, yeah, the space battles are pretty 3D and non flat.