WH: Mark of Chaos cinematic trailer

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

WH: Mark of Chaos cinematic trailer

Post by Shadow WarChief »

I searched to see if this was posted before and found nothing. Forgive me if my search-fu is too weak.

Download "Fantastic Cinematic Trailer"
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

Old

But seriusly fantastic none the less. :wink:
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

How about some in-game footage instead?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:How about some in-game footage instead?
That's a different game, that's the MMORPG "WAR" Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Mark of Chaos is an RTS. Both kickass regardless.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
LeftWingExtremist
Padawan Learner

Post by LeftWingExtremist »

Aparantly Mark of chaos is going to be similar to total war. If so its gonna be a kick arse game.

"...And everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." - eclipse, Pink Floyd.
Netko
Jedi Council Member

Post by Netko »

With any luck its gonna be similar to the previous titles in the series ("Shadow of the horned rat", "Dark Omen") which were both much better RTTs then Shogun and Medival (roughly the same time frame). The only thing the latter brought to the table is the simply amazing number of combatants, but were more limited in battlefield options because of being mostly historical.

Hopefully the new one will have the same relationship with Rome/Medival II. (Note that I am eagerly awating Medival II as well as Mark of Chaos).
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Is that a bloodthirster at the very end?
What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

mmar wrote:With any luck its gonna be similar to the previous titles in the series ("Shadow of the horned rat", "Dark Omen") which were both much better RTTs then Shogun and Medival (roughly the same time frame). The only thing the latter brought to the table is the simply amazing number of combatants, but were more limited in battlefield options because of being mostly historical.

Hopefully the new one will have the same relationship with Rome/Medival II. (Note that I am eagerly awating Medival II as well as Mark of Chaos).
Bah... Dark Omen was surprisingly fun, and a solid RTT (particularly for its time), but I wouldn't say it can truly rival the Total War series. If MoC can, great, though I doubt it. It probably won't even be comparable on many levels, what with magic, RPGish Warhammer elements, etc.
Shinova wrote:Is that a bloodthirster at the very end?
Yes.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yup, too bad it wasn't a kleeper of secrets....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

From what little gameplay footage I've seen, it looked pretty much just like one of the Total War games. But I haven't seen much.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

A friend of mine downloaded the beta from Fileplanet (if you are a subscriber you too can download the beat for free), from what he could see, it is almost like the tabletop version. You start out with a set amount of gold to buy your forces and then commence a fighting. The in game campaign also looks to have a co-op mode available as well.

*However, this is a beta test, real game could be very dfferent.*