Facebook Games

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Havok
Miscreant

Facebook Games

Post by Havok »

Are there any that are actually good?
Every now and then something spacey catches my eye, but then I am all like "Ugh I gotta sign up and shit." Are there any that are worth the hassle?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Re: Facebook Games

Post by tezunegari »

Havok wrote:Are there any that are worth the hassle?
Hell no. Most games are either Cash grabber or click generators. That and a total waste of time.

The only game that was interesting was the Assassins Creed minigame because it gives a bit of background story and allegedly ingame xp-bonus. And that could have been made a uplay-flashgame without Facebook.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

MArvel:Avenger's alliance is pretty good. (And fully playable wihtout spending a dime/)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

I worked on one game: http://apps.facebook.com/vegaconflict/
Check it out. It's a space RTS that just got launched a month ago.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Nephtys wrote:I worked on one game: http://apps.facebook.com/vegaconflict/
I've been playing that game. I do like it. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

I've been hooked on Car Town; https://apps.facebook.com/cartown/
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

After my initial obsession with Mobsters (yeah I know), I tried looking for games that would actually be fun to play. Sadly, it seems that even the big name games that could translate very well to Facebook are going to shit. Civilization, Dungeons and Dragons, Simcity...all have become repetitive clickfests that require you to spam a thousand people with invites to get anywhere meaningful. I've given up on Facebook games entirely.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Nephtys wrote:I worked on one game: http://apps.facebook.com/vegaconflict/
I went into this thanks to this thread. I wasn't expecting much and... well, I was really pleasantly surprised. There don't seem to be any pay walls, everything is pretty reasonably costed, and most importantly, the fighting is actually fun. Pretty explosions, ships that can move in rather curious ways (you can strafe :P) and a very large range of hulls and weapons means I'm going to be playing this for a while...
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

I will second Marvel Avengers Alliance. Tons of content, and perfectly playable for free.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.