SD.net pen & paper multiplayer RPG?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I've been saying for months that I wanted to run a D6 Star Wars RPG online with 4-6 board members. I was going to do it either in an AIM chat, IRC, or the board as a last choice due to inherent slowness.

I'd have to freshen up on the 2nd ed rules (not too hard, I like to fudge rules everyone now and again or improvize stats/events), and come up with a new adventure (or use one or two I've got lying around. One's pretty simplistic and my custom one is a bit rigid in its plot/setting), but other than that, I bet I could do a good job with a few people.

Hell, I ran a couple of adventures with Spanky before back in highschool, and he practically needed hand-holding each time. How hard could it be now? :wink: I only wish I could use one of my own characters to play a SWRPG game. Gorp the Ugor would kick ass to play; almost an amorphous blob version of Futurama's Bender, but cruder. :D

EDIT: 1600th post. I win!
By His Word...
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Paladin...

Smash stuff good and then pray!

:D
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Coaan wrote:Paladin...

I prefer Gnomish Paladins, 'cause then they're also fucking nuts. :lol:
By His Word...
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Wizard...I make things explode :twisted:
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Half-Orc Monks.

Because.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Human Rogue/Ranger with ridiculous Dex and Int....smart ass finesse style fighter.....

Though I usually prefer the WW games as I said....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Darth Utsanomiko wrote:
Coaan wrote:Paladin...

I prefer Gnomish Paladins, 'cause then they're also fucking nuts. :lol:

Just don't fuck with their turnips
Xcom ; Standing proud and getting horrifically murdered by Chryssalids since 1994
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Halfling Clerics are kinda cool...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Actually, to get back on-topic, I prefer Wookie Outlaw techs. :P
You can max their Technical Attribute to 3D+1 and get a few decent stating skills in Computer Programming, Security, and some repair skills, and still whoop ass in combat. :wink:

Damn, I loved that Wookie; he had so much potential. I'm going to convert him for Star Wars Galaxies if I don't get the chance to play a WEG SWRPG before then.
By His Word...
Coaan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Coaan »

Back on topic eh?

Ewok pirate!! :lol:

seriously, the little bugger had so many natural points in dodge it became amazingly funny to try and shoot at him....just ask Keevan