OMG! Castlevania for PS2!!

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

OMG! Castlevania for PS2!!

Post by Dooey Jo »

ps2.ign.com

Holy shit!! And it's by the same guys that made Symphony of the Night!

They'd better release it for the GCN too, because I don't want to have to by a PS2 just for one game!
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

UTINNI!!!
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

As long as it's 2D I'll be happy since every Castlevania 3D effort has been worth shit.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Ghost Rider wrote:As long as it's 2D I'll be happy since every Castlevania 3D effort has been worth shit.

Yeah, they say they're "reinventing the game from the ground up". WHY???? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REINVENT ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER???? Ever since Castlevania adopted the 'Super Metroid' format (admit it, they ripped off the whole game wholesale) with Symphony of the Night, they've been rolling in success.

With my luck, they'll do to Castlevania what they did to Metroid: Make a highly uncontrollable FPS out of it that is graphically and sound-wise the most amazing and immersive thing you've ever seen, but that handles like a cow on skates.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Lagmonster wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:As long as it's 2D I'll be happy since every Castlevania 3D effort has been worth shit.

Yeah, they say they're "reinventing the game from the ground up". WHY???? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REINVENT ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER???? Ever since Castlevania adopted the 'Super Metroid' format (admit it, they ripped off the whole game wholesale) with Symphony of the Night, they've been rolling in success.

With my luck, they'll do to Castlevania what they did to Metroid: Make a highly uncontrollable FPS out of it that is graphically and sound-wise the most amazing and immersive thing you've ever seen, but that handles like a cow on skates.
That's why I said all their 3D efforts aren't worth shit. :P

I liked Metroid Prime, but you hit on the button in fights...fucking A, I lost lives because of ...ooop you're not facing correctly and we're not as responsive...etc

If castlevania is like that...fuck it, I have my GBA. If it's a 10,000 room, quadruple castle of Aria/Symphony...then, that will be my new god.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

I knew it was a good I idea to get a PS2 instead of the Gamecube.....
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Temjin wrote:I knew it was a good I idea to get a PS2 instead of the Gamecube.....
Depends upon which games...so far the GBA trumps the PS2 in terms of Castlevania.

And that whole re-structuring is not what I want to hear(I see another N64 Castlevania I'm swearing off any 3D Castlevania.)

Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Fuck that, I had no idea Aria was coming out and I found out a week ago. I veat Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonacne twice(once in Japanese, once in english for the story). The GBA Castlevanias are of high quality and it won't be likely that they'll match the same feel on the PS2.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Lagmonster wrote: Yeah, they say they're "reinventing the game from the ground up". WHY???? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REINVENT ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER???? Ever since Castlevania adopted the 'Super Metroid' format (admit it, they ripped off the whole game wholesale) with Symphony of the Night, they've been rolling in success.
Hopefully, they'll just reinvent the graphics and the sounds to make them better. With the storage capabilities of the PS2 disc you can make a helluva big castle with lots of gorgeous 2D graphics and lots of enemies. Like Symphony, but bigger and with higher graphics resolution. That's what I want to see in the next Castlevania.
Castlevania as FPS :? If they do that they have to be crazy.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
aphexmonster
Jedi Council Member

Post by aphexmonster »

Symphony of the night : masterpiece
Castlevania 64 : crippled piece of decentness... =/
Circle of the moon : great ( for handheld ) but was short, and lacked graphix
Harmony of Dissonance : Great Graphix, big game.... horrible music ( for the first time ever in a castlevania )

I think it would be hillarious if they made a FPS out of the new castlevania

Dracula : prime ( castlevania XI )

i woudln't play it. .. but it would be funny...

Heh.... well i think the new one is gonna be bad ass. Its gonna be massive, the music is gonna be as quallity as SOTN, There are going to be a shit load of weapons/items, theres gonna be an ass load of monsters, and the graphics are going to be smoother than ever. My only concern is if they're going to be like Blizzard and hold the game back for 4 years month by month at a time :roll:
-monster
my sig is totaly lonely now =(