World of Tanks Mark III

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Mark III

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah, whatever XP would have been earned by the tank goes to the lowest crewman. Although if you have multiple things that increase crew training (for instance on a tier 9 or 10 you get x2 or x3) that's added to the x5, so you would get x6 crew xp as standard and x11 for the one who got the accelerated training.

Tonight mostly redeemed the day of shit yesterday. T43 is a fun tank, I should focus on the soviet meds for a while.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

I had one of those shells that decided it was going to be a murder shell today. You know the ones, they fly perfectly on target from half the map away, or somehow find the weakspot, or roll perfectly on pen, or hit the german tanks transmission and cause a fire. Except this shell did all that: flew halfway across the map through the gap in the roof I'd shelled, found a weakspot in the Type 59's turret armor and hit and exploded the ammo rack.

Sadly the type 58 still isn't clicking with me, I really want the extra gun depression.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

I think the reason I sucked on thursday was karma for my first win, wherein I had one of those shells (straight into the lower plate of a JPzE100, set it on fire, 1500 damage from one shell), and my armour decided to troll everyone. Centurion 7/1 bounced an Object 704 twice and the tracks ate a shot from a T110E4.

Enemy TDs must have been screaming.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

There are few things more satisfying than putting a shot into an enemy, having him catch on fire and burn for five ticks before extinguishing it, and then having your very next shot torch him again. Pretty awful when you're on the receiving end of course.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Even better is when they're a power noob and don't put the fire out at all.

Especially if they're Terrible E100, because fire damage per tick is proportional to HP pool, so E100s are generous when they're on fire.

Also: 8.8 test is up.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Vendetta wrote:Even better is when they're a power noob and don't put the fire out at all.

Especially if they're Terrible E100, because fire damage per tick is proportional to HP pool, so E100s are generous when they're on fire.

Also: 8.8 test is up.
Anybody who drives an E-100 without an auto-fire extinguisher and preventative maintenance is a fool or a masochist. There are a lot of fools and masochists.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

8.8 has a lot of cool stuff like hold mouse to fire, actual stats for shots in autoloader can, in cycle reload and national language voices, and the tanks seem somewhat non terrible. The E-50M looks to be really beastly now, and the Tiger and Panther lines got some interesting changes. The panther seems a bit better in every way, the E-50M has a beastly upper front, the Tigher is a dpm machine now, the Tiger 2 seems a bit more maneuverable if less fast off the line and nominally capable of higher speeds and the E-75 is a good bit more sluggish but turns much better. The rear turret Russian meds are cool too. Agile, quick, very well armed but fragile and vulnerable. Kind of like a medium take on the ELC idea.

I'm also in the weird game luck thing. Got a 4.7k damage round in the T54E1 with the stock gun that would've cleared 3k XP easily had we not lost with two 4+k damage games in our platoon, then double with a less than 2k damage game. Get a 2k damage and a patrol duty game in the T-34-1 for 4.2k, then can't get a double in the vindalowe and I'm done for the day.
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

Purchased:
'IS-8' successfully purchased. You have spent credits: 3,531,000. Finally.

But while many german tank drivers are happy with 8.8, I'm unhappy since I drive the VK45A and it's already barely good in comparison to the Tiger 2. But now the Tiger 2 is getting DPM greater than all other T8 heavies except the 45A, mobility closer to the 45A (which pays dearly for every kmh) and they are then also nerfing the 45A's visibility to make it inferior even there.

Ugh.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I wouldn't even bother with that line. The 4502A is a solid tank, but the 4502B is pointless next to the E-75, and the Maus would be garbage even if it wasn't competing with the powerhouse that is the E-100.
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Thanks to x5 week I've researched Pz. III/IV, Pz IV and Leopard, now to farm some money to actually buy (one of) them.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Agent Sorchus wrote:Purchased:
'IS-8' successfully purchased. You have spent credits: 3,531,000. Finally.

But while many german tank drivers are happy with 8.8, I'm unhappy since I drive the VK45A and it's already barely good in comparison to the Tiger 2. But now the Tiger 2 is getting DPM greater than all other T8 heavies except the 45A, mobility closer to the 45A (which pays dearly for every kmh) and they are then also nerfing the 45A's visibility to make it inferior even there.

Ugh.
If I remember the way it actually plays, the Tiger 2 accelerates notably worse even if the top speed is higher so it really can't do the 4502's trick of going to medium spots and killing literally everything. If you go up against same or lower tier mediums you can usually kill them with impunity and contribute in a big way against higher tier mediums.

Also, vortex, the Maus is all kinds of fun. I can't think of another tank I can be in the open and take 12 T57 shot and two GW E direct hits in. It's a weird tank but it can still work really well in good hands.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

I can't stand anything with that level of slowness.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

One problem with the Maus's special breed of slowness, is that if you get caught in a spot where you can get flanked and penned, it's pretty much impossible to get away from that :/
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

How to T49 all the things.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Some T-43 work, defending the base, resetting the caps.

Reset the caps?
Reset ALL the caps!
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Yet another game where one dude absolutely have to call another noob and, when the "noob" was the last one to stay alive, the dude told the other team to "kill the worthless noob". Well, game ended and the dude had 460 dmg and the "noob" had more than 4000. That ought to leave a burn, but I suspect the dude didn't read the statistics well... BTW. The dude has a win rate of 48%, the "noob" 55%...
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
The Infidel
Jedi Master

Post by The Infidel »

Hey, I just got complimentet by a guy on the opposing team in a PM. He thought I played nice. Don't hear that too often. :)
7 kills
Victory!
Map: Mines
Date: 27. august 2013 23:26:10
Vehicle: T18
Exp: 1 662 (x2) + Credits: 9 693
Achievements: : Steel Wall, Top Gun, Cool-Headed, Spartan
Where am I at in the post apocalypse draft? When do I start getting picks? Because I want this guy. This guy right here. I will regret not being able to claim the quote, "The first I noticed while burning weed, so I burned it, aiming at its head first. It wriggled for about 10 seconds. Too long... I then fetched an old machete [+LITERALLY ANYTHING]"
- Raw Shark on my slug hunting
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Today I unlocked the final gun on the SU-100.

This is a good day. Things just... melt when I shoot them.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

I'm thinking about getting the SU-122-44. Anyone have one? How is it as a credit grinding machine?
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Hawkwings wrote:I'm thinking about getting the SU-122-44. Anyone have one? How is it as a credit grinding machine?
It prints credits and it's the best tier 7 TD IMO.
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

Agreed. Mine is sitting almost 10% above my global WR.

It is enormously fun to murder lights and mediums that try to circle you.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Broken
Padawan Learner

Post by Broken »

Seal Clubbing (new tank line grinding actually) at its finest

Victory!
Battle: Siegfried Line Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:46:13 AM
Vehicle: M5 Stuart
Experience received: 2,546 (x2)
Credits received: 39,318
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Master Gunner, Reaper

Had another good game on it yesterday for Ace Tanker. I don't really like the tank, but I seem to do well with it.
"If you're caught with an ounce of cocaine, the chances are good you're going to jail. Evidently, if you launder nearly $1 billion for drug cartels and violate our international sanctions, your company pays a fine and you go home and sleep in your own bed at night." Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)

The Noldor are the Wise, and the Golden, the Valiant, the Sword-elves, the Elves of the Earth, the Foes of Melkor, the Skilled of Hand, the Jewel-wrights, the Companions of Men, the Followers of Finwë.
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Finally downloaded this game again. Jumped into the british medium line, and I'm having a laugh. Quickly falling in love with the Vickers Mk III with a 6pdr. I even got to have a good match today ^^

Victory!
Battle: Karelia 28 August 2013 15:37:05
Vehicle: Vickers Medium Mk. III
Experience received: 469
Credits received: 7,415
Battle Achievements: Master Gunner
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I really need to get back into the Brit medium line.

But spending a million creds on a tank that I probably won't play well (the speedy-sniper Cromwell) isn't on my list of things to do when I need every single credit to afford the ST-1.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Well, I got into this last week. I suck ass in general, but I've found that I like TDs and SPGs. Seriously, my average XP per match is like 150, and I usually die a couple minutes in.

Anyway, it turns out that the Panzer I and Panzer II share a bunch of modules. I hadn't noticed that while levelling up both, and so now my Panzer II has ~2500 XP I can't do anything with. :oops:
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia