World of Tanks Mark 2

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

xt828
Padawan Learner

Re: World of Tanks Mark 2

Post by xt828 »

wautd wrote:Is the Type 62 premium any good? Looks fun on paper, but I'm generally not godo with light tanks.
I have one, and it's quite enjoyable to tool around in - that being said, it's basically the exact same thing as the WZ-131.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Bah. My main Internet connection decided to conk out on me this weekend and my backup lags like crap. :banghead:

Kill some unicums for me. I'll only be able to start killing stuff with my KV-5 next week :(
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Man my European server winrates SUCK

The funny thing is, despite a whooping 18 percent win rate in the Cruiser III it's one of my favorite tanks! :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've found that one can have a favorite tank that has a horrid win-rate. Case in point...I love the DB, but its win-rate SUCKS because it gets stuck with so many fail-teams. And it can't really carry a team on its own.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

I found that the key to the DB was to fire nothing but 88mm APCR. Makes it quite a bit more competitive.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Well, I'm quite fond of the AT 15 now I've had a chance to get somewhat used to it.

The huge traverse and slightly increased armour over the AT 7 make it rather more capable of pulling off some very silly things when combined with the absurd 4.2 second reload time of the 20pdr B, as seen here.

It's rather fearsome when the cupola's not being shot off.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Don't know why so many people hate on this tank... I don't even have the top engine yet and I freakin love the thing!
Victory!
Battle: Steppes Monday, April 15, 2013 18:58:33
Vehicle: T1 Heavy Tank
Experience received: 957
Credits received: 24,381
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sharpshooter, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I never did much with the T1. Probably should go back one of these days, but I really should concentrate on the DB and KV-4 at this point...
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

darthdavid wrote:Don't know why so many people hate on this tank... I don't even have the top engine yet and I freakin love the thing!
It's worse off than the other tier 5 heavies when it gets into tier 7 matches because of the poor damage of the gun and how it presents a large target.

When you're top tier it can do the business, just don't let things get your sides too often.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

A lot of the hate for it is likely left over from before the MM spread got tightened up.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

darthdavid wrote:Don't know why so many people hate on this tank...
Generally it's because the faster heavies that can ruin mediums like champs get treated by terrible players like they're superheavy slugging machines.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Monday, April 15, 2013 10:17:33 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 1,022
Credits received: 54,138

Snipe at tier 10s from hill with no arty = instant profit.
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

T1's a great tank now.

It's hate came from an era back when T1s could fight IS-3s and King Tigers, and back when the fearsome old KV was an overpowered murdermachine at tier 5.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Nephtys wrote:T1's a great tank now.

It's hate came from an era back when T1s could fight IS-3s and King Tigers, and back when the fearsome old KV was an overpowered murdermachine at tier 5.
Yeah, the KV-1 with the 107mm was murder.
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

More like the KV with the 152 was incredibly OP.
Vendetta wrote:Richard Gatling was a pioneer in US national healthcare. On discovering that most soldiers during the American Civil War were dying of disease rather than gunshots, he turned his mind to, rather than providing better sanitary conditions and medical care for troops, creating a machine to make sure they got shot faster.
Vejut
Padawan Learner

Post by Vejut »

Really either of them. Only good thing about them fighting at or below tier was they had to take the KV-2 turret that currently is stock on the tier 6, so you had wonderfully flat, hard to hide sides on it.

In other news, that was unexpected:
Victory!
Battle: Mines Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:22:21 AM
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 3,628 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 44,657
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

9 kills, 4755 damage. Only one arty, focused mostly on the other side of the hill, I took up the hill entrance corner, dueled with some support a KV-3, Tiger, and T29, sniping the T29's cupola off, then somehow did a mad minute or two cleaning up. Got lucky on support--other side died off completely, but held long enough for me to finish, while our KV-3 cleared their artillery piece and the water side out. Amusing moment of the match: first damage I took and two of the penetrations on me came from an AMX40 bravely trying to tie me up long enough so I could get flanked. Duck power. :P
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hawkwings wrote:More like the KV with the 152 was incredibly OP.
It depended on your preferred tactics. I always had more luck with the 107. But the 152, I do not deny, was a better choice if you could stick to fighting at close range in situations where you weren't exposed to enemy fire during the reload.

I'd say both were overpowered for a Tier 5 tank, just in different ways. The 107 couldn't instakill a 400 HP tank, but it could penetrate just about any tank of its tier or one higher, from any possible angle, it shot about twice as fast, and it hit about twice as often from long range. Nowadays you see both on the KV-2, and the KV-2 fights most of the same enemies it used to, except it's not preying on Tier 3 tanks anymore, and sees Tier 4 tanks rarely.
Vejut wrote:Amusing moment of the match: first damage I took and two of the penetrations on me came from an AMX40 bravely trying to tie me up long enough so I could get flanked. Duck power. :P
Never underestimate the power of the iron ducky. I got at least one Top Gun in that vehicle, and I don't commonly get Top Guns.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

So, they're running a parody song contest. This one has been brightening my mood endlessly. So true.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Victory!
Battle: Abbey Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:58:16 PM
Vehicle: VK 3002 (DB)
Experience received: 1,120
Credits received: 26,439
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Mildly surprised I could pull off a steel wall in a DB.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Defeat
Battle: Mines 17 April 2013 18:33:06
Vehicle: AT 15
Experience received: 1,020
Credits received: 50,326

Well, not going to complain there. 4243 Damage dealt, 20 hits and potential 7810 damage received. When it's working and not being flanked, the AT 15 is a horrifying reaper of tanks.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I avoid the things like the plague in the DB. Even premium shells can't pen that monster from the front :P
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

I think there's a few places on it, such as the MG mount and the flat panel on the opposite side that should be pennable. That and the dinky little cupola, which appears to contain a loader if you feel need to cut down the unrelenting steam of hate being fired at you.

Really, the best thing to do is tread it and try to get beside/behind it. All of the assault tanks are terrible at turning.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yep. I know of the weak points, but with the 'unrelenting stream of hate' (I like that by the way) being shot at me...I can't get a good hit in before I'm dead. Tracking is the best option, but I can never seem to run into the things outside of tight spaces.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Yeah, if you get the chance, run and find a better angle. I'm comparing the gun now and it's not a nice set of numbers for the deservedly much-maligned 88 L/56. Even with gold, if the sides are angled, you may well be in trouble. (171pen vs. 152mm)

The back's a nice flat slab of weakpoints though; in one embarrassing match in my AT 7 I was being brutalised by a bloody Luchs of all things. I suspect he may have loaded gold for it. Mercifully, my team mates eventually killed it while I ate a KV-1S and shouted at them to kill the light.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

God I love the T-150:

Victory!
Battle: El Halluf Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:59:36 PM
Vehicle: T-150
Experience received: 1,235
Credits received: 25,840
Battle Achievements: Radley-Walters's Medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun

9 kills, and 2,155 damage. Went up the hill on the other side from the 'valley of death' and the enemy team melted away. I think only a couple managed to damage me before I killed them. I love battles like this.