Let me show you my Pokemon.

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

hmmm. what happens if I load in a FF7 save can I breed a pokemon with a gold chocobo?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

So, what's the deal with this bloody third gym? I'm utterly confused as to what I'm meant to be doing.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Dartzap wrote:So, what's the deal with this bloody third gym? I'm utterly confused as to what I'm meant to be doing.
I just moved on to the next town. If she can't be arsed to fight, neither can I.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Oh good. I'll get some training in then.....

I'm slowly but surely getting my entire squad up to twenty. Exp. Share is a nifty thing, heh

Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Aha! I just reached her, that damn third gym, and do you know what the main problem with the Gym Leader is?

She's FRENCH! :shock:

To arms! To arms!

White Cat
Padawan Learner

Post by White Cat »

Xisiqomelir wrote:
White Cat wrote:The type table in Red/Blue was grossly inaccurate; it (along with the cartoon) made legions of kids believe that Ghost was strong against Psychic, among other things.
Umm, Ghost IS SE vs Psychic.
It wasn't in Red/Blue/Yellow, even though all the official materials claimed it was. In fact, the only Ghost-type attack that used the normal damage formula (Lick) did zero damage against Psychics.

From Gold/Silver on, Ghost has been super-effective against Psychic.
LISTEN TO MY LOUSY ANIME SONG
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Right, what I need to know is this: What creature can I get in Pearl that is a good Tank? (E.g: Snorlax, Tyranitar, Milktank).

I got the fracking champion down to *one bloody creature* before having my arse utterly kicked when my Palkia got buggered up the arse with an ice beam.

Xisiqomelir
Jedi Council Member

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Dartzap wrote:Right, what I need to know is this: What creature can I get in Pearl that is a good Tank? (E.g: Snorlax, Tyranitar, Milktank).

I got the fracking champion down to *one bloody creature* before having my arse utterly kicked when my Palkia got buggered up the arse with an ice beam.
Sounds like you need a special wall instead of a physical wall.

Blissey w/ Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Aromatherapy/Thunder Wave

Though, to just beat the single-player, maybe you should tell us your team.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Dartzap wrote:Right, what I need to know is this: What creature can I get in Pearl that is a good Tank? (E.g: Snorlax, Tyranitar, Milktank).

Sounds like you need a special wall instead of a physical wall.

Blissey w/ Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Aromatherapy/Thunder Wave

Though, to just beat the single-player, maybe you should tell us your team.
If I may, Gastrodon is a defensive god among men for single-player. Empoleon too, since he takes .25x damage from ice beam and has good Sp. Def. to begin with. Barring either of them Magneton or Lucario can both resist ice and take the fight to Ice/water types.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

Wow, the final battle in Pokemon Revolution was really anti-climactic. Here I was, at Mysterial, expecting a tough battle, and I breeze through it just using Luxray and Alakazam. Volgon was more of a challenge....

And where the fuck are the free pokemon I'm supposed to get!? In Stadium you could get all three starters and enough Evees to do all his evolutions three times over. That's one of the reasons I got the damn game.

[edit] What The Fuck? So I found the secret gift and transferred it to my DS. But before I did, the game gave me instructions on how to do it. It also mention that I can't receive the same gift twice. WTF.

So I can't buy two of the same TM? I can't buy two shiny stones?

Wow, there goes another reason I bought this game. I can't believe I wasted my money on this piece of shit.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Temjin wrote:Wow, the final battle in Pokemon Revolution was really anti-climactic. Here I was, at Mysterial, expecting a tough battle, and I breeze through it just using Luxray and Alakazam. Volgon was more of a challenge....

And where the fuck are the free pokemon I'm supposed to get!? In Stadium you could get all three starters and enough Evees to do all his evolutions three times over. That's one of the reasons I got the damn game.

[edit] What The Fuck? So I found the secret gift and transferred it to my DS. But before I did, the game gave me instructions on how to do it. It also mention that I can't receive the same gift twice. WTF.

Wow, there goes another reason I bought this game. I can't believe I wasted my money on this piece of shit.
It would be a worthwhile purchase if Nintendo could lose the Internet phobia.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Dominus
Padawan Learner

Post by Dominus »

Temjin wrote:Wow, the final battle in Pokemon Revolution was really anti-climactic. Here I was, at Mysterial, expecting a tough battle, and I breeze through it just using Luxray and Alakazam. Volgon was more of a challenge....
Agreed. That particular colosseum, however, gets substantially more difficult after you finish the 'storyline' and re-challenge it again. I myself have only gone through Stargazer Colosseum about three more times (Rank 3 or some-such) after beating the game, and even my best EV trained monsters were having problems with some of the more ridiculous "hax" you can find there.
Ah, don't I know it. I was looking forward to the random online matches myself, but just about every random battle I've fought thus far has been a sorry disappointment. I'm sick and tired of battling idiots with their Palkias and Dialgas spamming Hyper Beam or Aura Sphere on my Gengar over and over again, to absolutely no effect...
Xisiqomelir
Jedi Council Member

Post by Xisiqomelir »

I'll play you guys. DS or Wii?
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Out of curiousity, and I apologize if this is easily available information, but is there the option to level-balance in the online multiplayer for the DS?
Xisiqomelir
Jedi Council Member

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Qwerty 42 wrote:Out of curiousity, and I apologize if this is easily available information, but is there the option to level-balance in the online multiplayer for the DS?
Yes, 100 all is tournament standard.
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Xisiqomelir wrote:
Qwerty 42 wrote:Out of curiousity, and I apologize if this is easily available information, but is there the option to level-balance in the online multiplayer for the DS?
Yes, 100 all is tournament standard.
As in the game will correct the levels?

Thanks, by the way.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Temjin wrote: [edit] What The Fuck? So I found the secret gift and transferred it to my DS. But before I did, the game gave me instructions on how to do it. It also mention that I can't receive the same gift twice. WTF.

Are you sure you aren't misunderstanding it? I think it means "you can only send a single gift once".
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Temjin
Jedi Council Member

Post by Temjin »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Are you sure you aren't misunderstanding it? I think it means "you can only send a single gift once".
Actual quote:
Also, a DS Pokemon game can receive only one of each kind of gift.
In other news, I just saw the animation for Seismic Toss. The game is now redeemed a tiny (minuscule) bit.
"A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open."
-Sir James Dewar

Life should have a soundtrack.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

*grins* Due to the fact I saw all 150 buggers before the E4, I got early access to the Pal Park.

My Super Awesome Ninja Dewgong from LeafGreen is reborn! (and fucking effective against most of the first three E4'ers)

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Care to tell us the specs of this Dewgong?
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

It's not really a ninja, it's just a level 60 Dewgong with both Water and Ice moves :)

As for my team pre-nifty-pal-park-jobby: Staraptor. 41, Steelix, 46, Luxray, 46, Palkia, 57, Infernape, 55. Kadabra, 49 Lame levels, eh? I blame the Exp-Share

(Palkia had been acting as my tank)

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Yeah, I used Dialga to brute force my way through some of the E4 first time around, but the second time I breezed through pretty easily without him.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Aye, I'm nicking my Pidgeot and Dewgong from LeafGreen.

Annoyingly, both my Emerald and Ruby were restarted and not completed a while ago, so no giant force of Legendaries for me :lol:

Wild Karrde
Jedi Knight

Post by Wild Karrde »

3136 4057 1743

Someone hit me up for a battle or something. :P
GALE FORCE/BOTM member and all around forum lurker.Image
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Dartzap wrote:Dr. Rowan: "Ah, Dartzap, impeccable timing as always, Just kick these peasants up the arse, would you? Cheers" :lol:
Whoa. Does he actually say that, or something similarily assholish? Because if he does, Doctor Rowan just went way up in my opinion.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.