Shadows of Dambrath

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

Trying to catch the gnoll of guard before he get the attention of any other guards, Arnak quickly draws his sling, and slings a bullet at the gnoll.
Hit:6+7=13
Damage:3+2=5
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Stormbringer wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:"Are you kidding? Just last week my son jimmy fell in an open one"
"Oh really? That's bad luck. I hope the kid's okay?" Harvey couldn't believe that he was getting this lucky. Well, if it worked, it worked. "My wife is going to kill me. And she's never going to believe me. I'm going to catch hell for being at the bar again. And I didn't even go to the bloody bar! Guys, you understand. I've got to get home. That rolling pin is brutal!"

[bluff=17+14=31]
"He is alright, just a sprained ankle and a really scared kid. Gods I am sorry... you have one of those? When my wife gets on my case I find waving the mace around tends to help. Barring that a big stick should work."
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

A Big Flying Fish wrote:Trying to catch the gnoll of guard before he get the attention of any other guards, Arnak quickly draws his sling, and slings a bullet at the gnoll.
Hit:6+7=13
Damage:3+2=5
The bullet zips past the gnoll's ear and slams into the door of the shed with an audible thump.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

As the gnoll turns to see what made that noise against the shed, Alæthe used his distraction to send two arrows speeding towards his chest.

((8+10=18 first attack, 19 + 5=24 second attack. Dam. d8+2 each, Crit on second from Keen enchantment on arrows, x3 dam.))
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:"He is alright, just a sprained ankle and a really scared kid. Gods I am sorry... you have one of those? When my wife gets on my case I find waving the mace around tends to help. Barring that a big stick should work."
"What can I say, I was a fool for a pretty face." Harvey replied. "I really do have to be going now. And I'll try your advise."

With that Harvey took off, not wanting to push his luck any further. Now it was just a matter of locating his comrades.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote:As the gnoll turns to see what made that noise against the shed, Alæthe used his distraction to send two arrows speeding towards his chest.

((8+10=18 first attack, 19 + 5=24 second attack. Dam. d8+2 each, Crit on second from Keen enchantment on arrows, x3 dam.))
Alæthe's arrows struck the gnoll, and the second plunged deep into its heart. With a bare whimper, it slumped to the ground, dead. No more guards seemed to have taken notice.

Eddard's shot hit the guard in the left shoulder and he fell to the ground with a scream. Sir Kael let out a high, piercing whistle at that moment, signaling the first planned withdrawal. The other horsemen wheeled their mounts and began to gallop off into the night, driving the loose ranch horses before them.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Stormbringer wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:"He is alright, just a sprained ankle and a really scared kid. Gods I am sorry... you have one of those? When my wife gets on my case I find waving the mace around tends to help. Barring that a big stick should work."
"What can I say, I was a fool for a pretty face." Harvey replied. "I really do have to be going now. And I'll try your advise."

With that Harvey took off, not wanting to push his luck any further. Now it was just a matter of locating his comrades.
ANd you escape

you know the XP recieved
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Rogue 9 wrote:Eddard's shot hit the guard in the left shoulder and he fell to the ground with a scream. Sir Kael let out a high, piercing whistle at that moment, signaling the first planned withdrawal. The other horsemen wheeled their mounts and began to gallop off into the night, driving the loose ranch horses before them.
Eddard reigned around Toes, and spurred him to a gallop. With the retreat being called it was no place to be sticking around. The two moved quickly, aiming to catch up to the mass of horses.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:"What can I say, I was a fool for a pretty face." Harvey replied. "I really do have to be going now. And I'll try your advise."

ANd you escape[/quote]

"Too close!"

Harvey moved quickly throught the deserted streets and back allies. It was time to get back to the keep they appropriated. He needed a rest, this had been hairy indeed.

When Harvey got to the keep he pounded twice on the door, opened it, and yelled.

"Hello? Anyone one here?"

Alyrium Denryle wrote:you know the XP recieved
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Malkamar relaxed visibly when the Gnoll went down, lowering his firearm. "Thank the Gods, if I had to fire this, everyone in a mile would know." He muttered. "Let's get in there before anyone notices the dead bodies."
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Acting on Malkamar's words, Arnak quickly trots up to the buildings doorway, and takes a quick peek in through the door to make sure all is clear.
Spot: 9+4=13
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

The door is locked, and barred from the outside. Arnak sees that the bar can be lifted easily enough, but the lock is another matter. There is a peephole in the doorway at about human head height.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

"Hello? Anyone one here?"

The cleric opens the door, mace and shield in hand. He lowers both upon seeing you return.

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:The cleric opens the door, mace and shield in hand. He lowers both upon seeing you return.
"So where is every one?" Harvey asked, "And what news from the city?"
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

"We've been waiting for you to get back. Since your here, I assume everything went alright?"
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

ALruas's head pops down from the upper level

"has anyone seen the gnome?"

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

"More or less, I got in and out alive. Considering the security that'll have to be enough. Now lets hope that our planted rumors are enough."

Harvey sat down and had a thoughtful look.

"Now I guess we have to round up the newcomers [sharkbait?] and decide what's the best route. I think among other things if we're going to be begin a revolution we ought to begin recruiting."
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

"Anyone got a set of lockpicks on 'em?" Arnak tries to shout over the sound of the "raiders" attack, whilst pulling the bar off the door.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

A Big Flying Fish wrote:"Anyone got a set of lockpicks on 'em?" Arnak tries to shout over the sound of the "raiders" attack, whilst pulling the bar off the door.
"A gram or so of black powder is always a workable lockpick, but it's just a little loud." Commented the paladin.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

[OOC: As is shouting. The idea is to be QUIET! :P ]

Several guards who until Arnak decided to ABSOLUTELY BLOW COVER were rushing after the now-retreating horsemen, looked back at the shed, squinting in the darkness. Comprehension dawned on one's face, and he started striding towards the outbuilding.

"Damn it," Gror snarled under his breath as he reached into his bag of holding and came up with a small keg. He placed this on the ground next to him and pulled out a crossbow bolt with an odd bulge in the shaft just behind the arrowhead, which he loaded into his crossbow.

Hernan cursed under his breath as he signaled to his companions. "We're going to have to provide that covering fire a little earlier than expected. Come on." The men began to quietly slip down the hill under cover of the tall grass, arrows nocked in their bows.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

Jase grabbed the bar and flipped it off the door. He bent down to look at the lock and cursed.

"I can't make heads or tails of this." He said.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Gror, who had already worked his way almost to the very edge of the grass cover in order to shoot the gnolls, ran doubled over to Malkamar, rolling the small keg before him. "Lad, I'm going to need ye to help me. We've got to fling this at th' guards. Get one end and help me throw," he said, grabbing an end of the barrel and nodding at the other end for the paladin.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Rogue 9 wrote:Gror, who had already worked his way almost to the very edge of the grass cover in order to shoot the gnolls, ran doubled over to Malkamar, rolling the small keg before him. "Lad, I'm going to need ye to help me. We've got to fling this at th' guards. Get one end and help me throw," he said, grabbing an end of the barrel and nodding at the other end for the paladin.
"Sounds like a good idea to me... Hey! Priest! Bash the damn door down, we're about to make a big kaboom!" Edward hissed, before joining in on the lobbing of the keg as an impromtu peice of high explosive.

frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

With a curse Jase leaped out of the way of the dwarf and the Paladin.

"What the hell are you doing?"
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

SirNitram wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:Gror, who had already worked his way almost to the very edge of the grass cover in order to shoot the gnolls, ran doubled over to Malkamar, rolling the small keg before him. "Lad, I'm going to need ye to help me. We've got to fling this at th' guards. Get one end and help me throw," he said, grabbing an end of the barrel and nodding at the other end for the paladin.
"Sounds like a good idea to me... Hey! Priest! Bash the damn door down, we're about to make a big kaboom!" Edward hissed, before joining in on the lobbing of the keg as an impromtu peice of high explosive.
"Right. One... two... HEAVE!" The dwarf and Malkamar flung the barrel, which hit the ground in the guards' torchlight and rolled towards them. Gror snapped up his crossbow. "Cover yer ears," he said drily as he took aim. Then he pulled the trigger and dove for the ground, taking his own advice.

The crossbow bolt flew out and hit the barrel, jamming into the wood. As it did, the shaft shattered at the bulge and released a stream of thick, viscous liquid onto the barrel, liquid which started to burn soon after encountering the open air.

The sound was deafening. Splinters of burned wood and iron shards flew out in all directions as a ball of smoke and fire rose into the night sky amid the screams of maimed and burned guardsmen and horses. Everyone on the ranch now knew that something serious was going on, as heads shot over and guards changed direction and began running towards the fireball, weapons drawn.

Roll initiative.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!