D&D: Shadows of Dambrath: OOC Thread

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

I...still function!
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I see White Haven is indulging in Transformers references tonight.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

Still here, waiting, again.
Dwarf Obsessive. There's just something about short barrel-chested people with a penchent for axes and beards.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The scary thing, Overlord? I haven't the faintest clue why.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

I'm still in, just havent had opportunity to do anything. Last I remember is standing overwatch on Harvey's B&E.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

White Haven wrote:The scary thing, Overlord? I haven't the faintest clue why.
[Obi-Wan voice]Let go. Trust your feelings. [Obi-Wan voice]
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Actually, come to think of it, I do know why...but I won't be posting the torturous reasoning behind my thoughts until the time is right.

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Right, and we are back in business. Sorry about the wait.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Deathstalker wrote:I'm still in, just havent had opportunity to do anything. Last I remember is standing overwatch on Harvey's B&E.
Sorry about how long it's taking. Clearly i need to pester Alyrium or something.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Okay, I PMed the good Flying Fish. He should be along shortly. *Grumbles about time zones.*
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

Stormbringer wrote:
Deathstalker wrote:I'm still in, just havent had opportunity to do anything. Last I remember is standing overwatch on Harvey's B&E.
Sorry about how long it's taking. Clearly i need to pester Alyrium or something.

This wait is nothing. I'm still waiting to get back in a PBEM game from 2003 when the GM was deployed to Iraq!
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Deathstalker wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:

This wait is nothing. I'm still waiting to get back in a PBEM game from 2003 when the GM was deployed to Iraq!
Ah, well you have far, far more patience than I then. But I think Alyrium will actually be getting back to us soon enough.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Wait a second. Tevar, just plain old keen arrows (or anything else, with any enhancement on any weapon) doesn't work; they have to be +1. :P Not that you don't easily have the means to have +1 keen arrows, given how much equipment you just didn't get... :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Just a question, but how do Elven Thinblades work. I've been given to understand they're effectively shortswords that do longsword damage. Funky elven weapons.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Stormbringer wrote:Just a question, but how do Elven Thinblades work. I've been given to understand they're effectively shortswords that do longsword damage. Funky elven weapons.
Yes. They appear in Complete Warrior, which is upstairs in my dorm room at the moment. They are exotic weapons, and I think they might have some other funky drawback as well, but I'm not sure on that. I'll have to look.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

frigidmagi
Sith Devotee

Post by frigidmagi »

I get my copy if you would prefer?
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:Just a question, but how do Elven Thinblades work. I've been given to understand they're effectively shortswords that do longsword damage. Funky elven weapons.
Yes. They appear in Complete Warrior, which is upstairs in my dorm room at the moment. They are exotic weapons, and I think they might have some other funky drawback as well, but I'm not sure on that. I'll have to look.
I could swear they were martial weapons for those of elven descent. But if I'm wrong it's easily enough fixed. Just messing around creating my future cohort. :)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Feel the geek love and civility:

"I can check with my copy."

"Don't trouble yourself, good sir. I can check my copy."

"Gentlemen, there is no rush. Consult the afformentioned work at your leisure. Can I get you any tea or crumpits?"
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Stormbringer wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:
I could swear they were martial weapons for those of elven descent. But if I'm wrong it's easily enough fixed. Just messing around creating my future cohort. :)
No, I was just looking at them a couple days ago. They're definitely exotic all around.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote: Yes. They appear in Complete Warrior, which is upstairs in my dorm room at the moment. They are exotic weapons, and I think they might have some other funky drawback as well, but I'm not sure on that. I'll have to look.
No, I was just looking at them a couple days ago. They're definitely exotic all around.
Ah, might have been changed or I might have been misinformed. Either way, thanks.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

They count as rapiers for Weapon Finesse as well. Picture them more as rapiers with longsword damage, nasty, nasty pieces of work. One of the chars I have waiting on deck if Grey buys it is specced to use one.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Oh, to note: You don't have to wait for me to post between every action. Just go in initiative order and I'll resolve stuff when I get to the thread. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, I'm off to Warlord Comics to pick up a copy of the Book of Vile Darkness. No, that isn't a joke. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

The BoVD is cool, unlike that unbalanced wankfest that is the BoED. Bring it on. But if he we have to face a cancer mage . . . . uh . . . you can take him frigid. I'll be over there. . . . . watching. Yes, that's it. You won't need my help.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Bah. He sold the copy that's been there for ages over spring break! Will have to wait until Monday at least. :banghead:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!