Aaron, 9, ‘bullied to death for being white’

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

Andrew Parker and Felix Allen wrote: THE devastated family of a nine-year-old boy who hanged himself say he took his life after racist taunts by Asian bullies.

Aaron Dugmore — thought to be one of Britain’s youngest suicides after bullying — was found in his bedroom after months of jibes at school, they claim.

His family say that Aaron was threatened with a plastic KNIFE by one Asian pupil — who warned him: “Next time it will be a real one.”

But despite complaints to the school, where 75 per cent of pupils come from ethnic backgrounds, they claim nothing was done to stop the bullying.

Heartbroken mum Kelly-Marie Dugmore is convinced the taunts led to her son killing himself two weeks ago. She sobbed: “We are not racist people. Aaron got on with all the children at his last school, and for him to have been bullied because of the colour of his skin makes me feel sick to my stomach.”
Continued reading....
Dr. Trainwreck
Jedi Knight

Re: Aaron, 9, ‘bullied to death for being white’

Post by Dr. Trainwreck »

Bullying is a problem most countries don't even address, let alone know how to solve. The headmaster's golden mean "you chose to come here" bullshit marks him as an utter bollock.

Also, kudos to the Sun for the "I'm not a racist but" headline. No really, quality journalism. Goes right along with the commenters expressing relief for being able to justify their racism.
Ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ. Δὶς ἐς τὸν αὐτὸν ποταμὸν οὐκ ἂν ἐμβαίης.

The seller was a Filipino called Dr. Wilson Lim, a self-declared friend of the M.I.L.F. -Grumman
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I'm just amazed at how Amigo can so continuously make these sad attempts at self-justifying his viewpoints and hoping to get some response he expects from the caricature liberals he has built in his mind.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Since white people were apparently a minority it should really show the difficulties faced by minorities everywhere.
Dr. Trainwreck
Jedi Knight

Post by Dr. Trainwreck »

It does, and in the most emphatic manner: don't excuse or justify racism (assuming you are white), because it can happen to white people too.
Ποταμοῖσι τοῖσιν αὐτοῖσιν ἐμϐαίνουσιν, ἕτερα καὶ ἕτερα ὕδατα ἐπιρρεῖ. Δὶς ἐς τὸν αὐτὸν ποταμὸν οὐκ ἂν ἐμβαίης.

The seller was a Filipino called Dr. Wilson Lim, a self-declared friend of the M.I.L.F. -Grumman
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Majority bullies minority. Tragic, not surprising.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

there's something odd here.

No major paper outside of the daily mail and sun have run this story. A 9yr old killing themselves would normally be all over the broadsheets.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I don't follow British news. Does the Sun have a history of making shit up? Is there reason to be suspicious?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Looking into this more, it's all over the nutbar blogosphere because apparently Asian is a liberal Western media code-word for Muslim, and that Muslims are spreading hatred because Islam tells them to do so.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

Darksider wrote:I don't follow British news. Does the Sun have a history of making shit up? Is there reason to be suspicious?
Virtually every British newspaper has a history of making shit up, some less than others. However, The Sun and the Daily Mail both have a very openly anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism agenda, and so likely jumped on this story as soon as they heard about the demographics of the school in question.
Dr. Trainwreck
Jedi Knight

Post by Dr. Trainwreck »

The others might not cover this story because they aren't willing to cause an overspill of mouthfrothing stupidity, given that it's known that stories like this just topple over the boiling cauldron of filth that is the "seriously not racist" crowd.

But I am shocked. I mean, the paper that gave us the Page Three Stunner is run by boors marketing their boorishness to other boors? Wow.

madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

The mail has been caught with false headlines in the past, and no-one really expects much from the sun at the best of times.

Still nothing in the broadsheets. Not saying it's made up, but it all seems a bit odd.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Dalton wrote:Looking into this more, it's all over the nutbar blogosphere because apparently Asian is a liberal Western media code-word for Muslim, and that Muslims are spreading hatred because Islam tells them to do so.
How does that make any fucking sense? Yes, I know there are in fact Muslims in Asia, but typically the boogiemen the nutters latch on to are of the middle eastern variety.

I'm trying to understand the thought process here and it isn't working.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

That's why it's called an irrational thought process? I mean, racism rarely has any intellectual effort behind this.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

DaveJB wrote:Virtually every British newspaper has a history of making shit up, some less than others. However, The Sun and the Daily Mail both have a very openly anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism agenda, and so likely jumped on this story as soon as they heard about the demographics of the school in question.
Oh, and the Sun are responsible for this.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Hey as long as we're doing tabloid bullshit in here I heard Brad and Angelina are breaking up.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

Darksider wrote:
Dalton wrote:Looking into this more, it's all over the nutbar blogosphere because apparently Asian is a liberal Western media code-word for Muslim, and that Muslims are spreading hatred because Islam tells them to do so.
How does that make any fucking sense? Yes, I know there are in fact Muslims in Asia, but typically the boogiemen the nutters latch on to are of the middle eastern variety.

Not in the UK. Most of the Muslims in the UK, I'm willing to bet, are of Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Indian origin. Or as they - and all brown-skinned folk, - are referred to as "Pakis" by people of racist persuasion.
madd0ct0r wrote:The mail has been caught with false headlines in the past, and no-one really expects much from the sun at the best of times.
To add two things to this: The Sun is a Murdoch rag, and as for the Daily Mail...

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

I was wondering what the fuck "Asian" meant in this context. I thought maybe it meant Indians or something, but it just means "Muslims?"
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Actually, in this context it probably means "a funny colour but not definitively identifiable as [insert racist epithet]".
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

The Middle East is on the Asian continent so they can technically be called Asians. That's my guess.
To Absent Friends

xt828
Padawan Learner

Post by xt828 »

Dominus Atheos wrote:I was wondering what the fuck "Asian" meant in this context. I thought maybe it meant Indians or something, but it just means "Muslims?"
IIRC in the UK "Asian" means South Asians, ie from the subcontinent. Quite a few of them are visibly Muslim, enough that it's an association people can make easily.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

yah. american asians =/= british asians.

Asian / paki = sub-continent
Oriental / chinese = far east
middle eastener = middle east (not a common minority compared to the other two)

and birmingham has a huge sub-continent origin population. Plenty of Pakistani or Bangaladeshis, most of whom are muslim (most of whom were sailors). Also big Sikh and 'generic' Indian communities, but they tended to be better off when they arrived and so head for middle class pretty quickly.

There is a small middle eastern population down in Cardiff, most of whom (f you are rude enough to ask) will say they're kurdish or persian. Egyptian and Somali too (not asians, but an important part of the intra-mosque dynamics)
UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

madd0ct0r wrote:yah. american asians =/= british asians.

Asian / paki = sub-continent
Oriental / chinese = far east
middle eastener = middle east (not a common minority compared to the other two)
The way I hear it, these are generally called "Asian", "East Asian" and "Arab" respectively. Of course this sort of ends up annoying the Nepalese & North East Indians (who are south Asian by location), the Iranians (who hate being called "Arab") and any other brown-skinned people who just get lumped in the above categories :D

Dominus Atheos wrote:I was wondering what the fuck "Asian" meant in this context. I thought maybe it meant Indians or something, but it just means "Muslims?"
Depends where it happened: as has been mentioned, Birmingham has a sizeable Asian community, primarily Indian Hindus. Southall has Sikhs and Indians, Parts of Manchester are filled with Pakistanis and Luton has a tonne of Bangladeshis. So it could be anywhere. There is a bit of a backlash against Muslims since 9/11 and more so since 7/7 so it's easy to jump to that conclusion.
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I like how amigocabal jumped in, dumped this thread and split without replying. And yes, he's logged in since.
To Absent Friends

Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

This article nicely demonstrates how the Caucasian race has historically been oppressed and downtrodden, especially in Western nations.