Australian Army CiC Responds To A Sex Scandal

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Australian Army CiC Responds To A Sex Scandal

Post by Zaune »

Found via TheWeek.com

US military brass, take note...
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Re: Australian Army CiC Responds To A Sex Scandal

Post by thejester »

Morrison's an awesome bloke, and I've no doubt he means what he says, but it remains to be seen the extent to which this kind of intent can reform an entire service.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

The US Navy has had similar responses from the CNO and the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Zaune wrote:

Found via TheWeek.com

US military brass, take note...
Zaune, this kind of stuff comes from the US brass all the time. They've sent down massive programs to try and improve reporting and reform the culture at least 3 times over the last 5 years that I'm aware of. The problem with truly changing that culture is with the mid level officers and NCOs, and that's a hard fix.